• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wasting your time. There's apparently a sizable pro-child abuse crowd in this forum.

It appears so. it's the old 'I got hit as a kid and I'm normal' syndrome.:gaah:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because he was disciplined that way doesn't matter. Once you're an adult you have the ability to choose how you act.

Believe it or not, there's a large segment of the population that doesn't have a problem with corporal punishment and don't want to see the government interfering with how they discipline their kids. I don't agree with it but that's just how it is. It's a complex issue.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not, there's a large segment of the population that doesn't have a problem with corporal punishment and don't want to see the government interfering with how they discipline their kids. I don't agree with it but that's just how it is. It's a complex issue.

I'm not opposed to corporal punishment, however we collectively have to draw the line somewhere concerning where discipline ends and abuse begins. I think concerning a 4 year old there is overwhelming agreement if you hit them and cause injury it is excessive and abusive.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson is being so direct and open about this that the only conclusion you can draw is that's he's ignorant. And that he needs to be educated with classes.

Ohhhhhhh,....... he's ignorant.

He compared NFL player to slaves a couple years back.

always

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to plead not guilty. It's a felony charge. All I know is if you plead not guilty to a felony charge and you are convicted your ass is grass.

always

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him".

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, reading more apparently his kid is saying this was common and that he was afraid AP was gonna punch him in the face. If that's the case, it establishes a pattern of abuse and means he gets jail time.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have all the answers, but I do have a lot of questions. How many of you have had a 13 year old flip you off or watched them hanging around in malls on Monday nights when they should be at home and wondered where their parents were.

I don't advocate child abuse but as a society we have generally swung too far the other way. If you want your kids to turn out right, you need to spend appropriate time with them, and yes, they are going to need discipline from time to time and that may come in the form of a swat on the butt every now and again.

My parents were old school and cuffed me in the head when I needed it, but they worked hard and put me through college and never stopped loving me. I am a firm hater of the media now for the circus they tend to turn things in to. I would love to see the spotlight turned to writers every now and again. Bet their lives aren't so noble.

Just sayin'

always

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, reading more apparently his kid is saying this was common and that he was afraid AP was gonna punch him in the face. If that's the case, it establishes a pattern of abuse and means he gets jail time.

But how dumb can Peterson be though? I read too. You would think he wouldn't be an open book for the authorities if he was an abuser.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have all the answers, but I do have a lot of questions. How many of you have had a 13 year old flip you off or watched them hanging around in malls on Monday nights when they should be at home and wondered where their parents were.

I don't advocate child abuse but as a society we have generally swung too far the other way. If you want your kids to turn out right, you need to spend appropriate time with them, and yes, they are going to need discipline from time to time and that may come in the form of a swat on the butt every now and again.

My parents were old school and cuffed me in the head when I needed it, but they worked hard and put me through college and never stopped loving me. I am a firm hater of the media now for the circus they tend to turn things in to. I would love to see the spotlight turned to writers every now and again. Bet their lives aren't so noble.

Just sayin'

It's so unfair how the media targets millionaire athletes charged with violent felonies!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have a Pussy crowd who think whooping your children is child abuse.

I cant stand people who think the parents that dont believe in beating their children are pussies. Yeah, youre a real tough guy cause you beat 4 year old babies.

Its disgusting how macho people think they are. Im not an expert but I do know if you read any dissertation by a Doctoral candidate they will ALL tell you hitting your child does NOTHING to change their behavior. A 4 year old brain isnt developed enough to understand the situation. Evidently all they learn is if you do something someone bigger then you doesnt like then they get to physically and emotionally hurt you.

I couldnt even fathom ever hitting my kid. I love her more then life itself. There is nothing she could do at four where I'd leave bruises all over her body and inflict wounds that are still bleeding days later.

Youre really a bad ass for kicking the shit out of your kid Lakers+USC

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how dumb can Peterson be though? I read too. You would think he wouldn't be an open book for the authorities if he was an abuser.

He can be an abuser and not think that he is one: My guess is most child abusers don't think they're being abusive.

As the saying goes, prisons are filled with "innocent" men.

always

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant stand people who think the parents that dont believe in beating their children are pussies. Yeah, youre a real tough guy cause you beat 4 year old babies.

Its disgusting how macho people think they are. Im not an expert but I do know if you read any dissertation by a Doctoral candidate they will ALL tell you hitting your child does NOTHING to change their behavior. A 4 year old brain isnt developed enough to understand the situation. Evidently all they learn is if you do something someone bigger then you doesnt like then they get to physically and emotionally hurt you.

I couldnt even fathom ever hitting my kid. I love her more then life itself. There is nothing she could do at four where I'd leave bruises all over her body and inflict wounds that are still bleeding days later.

Corporal punishment put me line. But what do I know? I'm not a quack.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, any event or issue and people dash to the extremes. It's suffocating.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon! Someone make the to spank or not to spank poll, just make sure they don't think it is about wanking.