• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, reading more apparently his kid is saying this was common and that he was afraid AP was gonna punch him in the face. If that's the case, it establishes a pattern of abuse and means he gets jail time.

Im on record saying AP probably went to far, but this does not establish a pattern of abuse. This could've been the first time it got out of hand.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I hear about this story, the more unsure I am of what to think about it. On one hand, it seems clear that Peterson went overboard. On the other hand, he has mostly seemed to be a decent person otherwise, and yeah he went on to play right after his one kid passed away when the mom's boyfriend beat the crap out of him, but it could be argued that playing was AP's way of coping, much like Favre when he played after his dad passed away. And, TMZ is a crock of shit sensationalist network that feeds off putting out dramatic stories, regardless of the level of truth in how they present those stories. I don't know, it is hard to say. I really need to wait and hear the whole story before I pass judgment.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have all the answers, but I do have a lot of questions. How many of you have had a 13 year old flip you off or watched them hanging around in malls on Monday nights when they should be at home and wondered where their parents were.

I don't advocate child abuse but as a society we have generally swung too far the other way. If you want your kids to turn out right, you need to spend appropriate time with them, and yes, they are going to need discipline from time to time and that may come in the form of a swat on the butt every now and again.

My parents were old school and cuffed me in the head when I needed it, but they worked hard and put me through college and never stopped loving me. I am a firm hater of the media now for the circus they tend to turn things in to. I would love to see the spotlight turned to writers every now and again. Bet their lives aren't so noble.

Just sayin'

There are plenty of ways to discipline. It's a long term thing that is built over time. What are you going to do with the 13 year old that flips you off? Beat him harder? It's kind of late for that. Yeah there are lot of positive things you do but of course you have to discipline and set limits. That shouldn't be a surprise to your kids.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im on record saying AP probably went to far, but this does not establish a pattern of abuse. This could've been the first time it got out of hand.

Sure it does. Go into the mind of the jury. If he was clearly abusive in this incident and the child describes similar abuses prior, that's a pattern. It means prison time for AP. In child abuse cases that is critical.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant stand people who think the parents that dont believe in beating their children are pussies. Yeah, youre a real tough guy cause you beat 4 year old babies.

Its disgusting how macho people think they are. Im not an expert but I do know if you read any dissertation by a Doctoral candidate they will ALL tell you hitting your child does NOTHING to change their behavior. A 4 year old brain isnt developed enough to understand the situation. Evidently all they learn is if you do something someone bigger then you doesnt like then they get to physically and emotionally hurt you.

I couldnt even fathom ever hitting my kid. I love her more then life itself. There is nothing she could do at four where I'd leave bruises all over her body and inflict wounds that are still bleeding days later.

Youre really a bad ass for kicking the shit out of your kid Lakers+USC

And i cant stand people who thinks hitting your child is child abuse.

Lol, you said a Doctoral candidate will tell you whooping your children will do nothing to change their attitude? Then how do you explain the millions and millions of people, for decades, saying it did. How the hell are you going to tell ME it didn't change my attitude? And this isn't about a 4 year old, its about kids period.

Welcome to REAL LIFE, where kids are discipline by getting hit. It's always been like that and will be forever. If you don't like it, kill yourself.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first heard the story, I wanted to defend AP for being able to raise his kids how he see's fit.....then I saw the pictures. Way to far, charges are justified IMO.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will judge him.

He is a bad parent. A very bad parent.

There is nothing good that can come out of beating a little child with belts and tree branches until they're bleeding. It's not normal in any way, shape or form......and if I ever witnessed a parent doing that, I'd kill them with my bare hands and let a trial decide my fate. That is a damn guarantee.

Adrian Peterson is dead to me.

Oh shudthefuuuuuguuuuup

"Uhhhhh yeaaah brah, i'll fockin' kill a dude, maaaan! Fockin guaranteed, brah! Uhhhhhhh!!"

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, child abusers and child ******urds have something in common and that is they almost always strike more than once.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, youre on record of saying beating 4 year olds is what makes you a bad ass and the parents who choose not to beat their kids are pussies. YOu just posted that on the page before this.

Ive seen similar posts all day long. People saying, "Beating a 4 year old baby is bad ass and the parents who choose not to abuse their kids are pussies". Wow, I wonder why our country is over run with violence. People think hurting other people is acceptable.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it does. Go into the mind of the jury. If he was clearly abusive in this incident and the child describes similar abuses prior, that's a pattern. It means prison time for AP. In child abuse cases that is critical.

The child is 4, so when he says it happens all the time, he probably mean just getting a whooping.

If he went overboard all the time, then where are the previous marks? I just think there is no evidence, so far, that shows he's been abusive/went to far in the past.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol, you said a Doctoral candidate will tell you whooping your children will do nothing to change their attitude? Then how do you explain the millions and millions of people, for decades, saying it did. How the hell are you going to tell ME it didn't change my attitude? And this isn't about a 4 year old, its about kids period.

Welcome to REAL LIFE, where kids are discipline by getting hit. It's always been like that and will be forever. If you don't like it, kill yourself.

And how is it possible that there are all those people that figured out to raise their kids without really having to hit them. You think they all turned out terrible? You don't need a PhD to do it. Parents do it all the time. It's not some magic

Last edited by a moderator:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant stand people who think the parents that dont believe in beating their children are pussies. Yeah, youre a real tough guy cause you beat 4 year old babies.

Its disgusting how macho people think they are. Im not an expert but I do know if you read any dissertation by a Doctoral candidate they will ALL tell you hitting your child does NOTHING to change their behavior. A 4 year old brain isnt developed enough to understand the situation. Evidently all they learn is if you do something someone bigger then you doesnt like then they get to physically and emotionally hurt you.

I couldnt even fathom ever hitting my kid. I love her more then life itself. There is nothing she could do at four where I'd leave bruises all over her body and inflict wounds that are still bleeding days later.

Youre really a bad ass for kicking the shit out of your kid Lakers+USC

You're a fucking moron

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, youre on record of saying beating 4 year olds is what makes you a bad ass and the parents who choose not to beat their kids are pussies. YOu just posted that on the page before this.

Ive seen similar posts all day long. People saying, "Beating a 4 year old baby is bad ass and the parents who choose not to abuse their kids are pussies". Wow, I wonder why our country is over run with violence. People think hurting other people is acceptable.

Your on record of being a dumbass for not paying attention. My aguement all day was about kids in general. Pay attention!

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The child is 4, so when he says it happens all the time, he probably mean just getting a whooping.

If he went overboard all the time, then where are the previous marks? I just think there is no evidence, so far, that shows he's been abusive/went to far in the past.

There may have been prior marks. In fact, in the message sent to the kid's mom AP implies it has happened before. In fact, by him knowing the mother was going to be angry at him for what he had done entails she had likely been mad at him before about the same thing.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Disciplining your child has nothing to do with beating your kids. Parents do it when theyre frustrated and angry. Its been proven that the childs brain doesnt comprehend beatings with getting their act together. I read a study a few years ago that every single person on death row in this country was beat as a kid. Does that mean if you were beat youre going to murder people later in life? No. But when you beat your children they are only learning one thing. Violence. Talk to any child psychiatrist who has studied this as a living. They are all out there begging us not to hit our kids. People get defensive because they were hit or hit their kids but even simple spankings do absolutely nothing positive even though weve tricked ourselves into thinking that. I will never hit either of my kids. I spend as much time as I can supporting, loving, teaching, holding, and caring for my kids and theyve NEVER given me trouble (major, that is). People just cant face the fact that all spankings do is to teach your kids violence. I couldnt imagine hurting the kids who I love more then myself. I watch my beautiful daughter sleep and know that I will never use physical force.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how is it possible that there are all those people that figured out to raise their kids without really having to hit them. You think they all turned out terrible? You don't need a PhD to do it. Parents do it all the time. It's not some magic

You really need to pay attention. When did i ever say that not hitting your child, would make them terrible? The people that don't hit their kids are not getting criticized, they are the ones tgats criticizing the ones that do hit their kids.

always

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this guy is going to jail IMO. His comments are pretty much a documented admission of breaking the law.

He may never play another down in the NFL.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a fucking moron

And why is that? Because I think beating 4 year olds is F-ing disgusting. Its obvious you beat the shit out of your kids with that response. All I said is I think its disgusting that people think the parents who choose not to beat their kids are pussies. Why am I a moron for saying that. "I love my kids and I'd never beat them" and you respond Im a moron. BRILLIANT DUDE... JUST BRILLIANT!