• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adam Schefter: Russell Wilson is changing agents

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GNG is a poor man's JDM.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not going to happen. If the Hawks finish strong this year, his guarantee will probably be 60+.

Yeah, and that's a brutal number. I'm concerned about guaranteed dollars and we've got a laundry list of guys who are up for deals.

QB deals are getting very complicated and it's critical we do it right.

Flacco essentially got $52M guaranteed over 3 years after his SB win, but will be restructured after next season.

Cutler's deal was a crippler for all GM's with $54M guaranteed. That needs to be thrown out the window and viewed as an anomaly.

These are ideal:

1. Kaepernick - $28M guaranteed over first 2 years and then pay as you go. He'll likely see at least $42M though, since the 49ers have no one in place yet to challenge him as starter.

2. Dalton - $40M guaranteed over first 2 years and then pay as you go.

I'm hoping Russ will agree to a similar structure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and that's a brutal number. I'm concerned about guaranteed dollars and we've got a laundry list of guys who are up for deals.

QB deals are getting very complicated and it's critical we do it right.

Flacco essentially got $52M guaranteed over 3 years after his SB win, but will be restructured after next season.

Cutler's deal was a crippler for all GM's with $54M guaranteed. That needs to be thrown out the window and viewed as an anomaly.

These are ideal:

1. Kaepernick - $28M guaranteed over first 2 years and then pay as you go. He'll likely see at least $42M though, since the 49ers have no one in place yet to challenge him as starter.

2. Dalton - $40M guaranteed over first 2 years and then pay as you go.

I'm hoping Russ will agree to a similar structure.

I would say Wilson will be a lot closer to what Flacco got than what Kaep, Dalton, and a few others got in he has that Super Bowl ring that he can point to and the fact that his numbers have been a lot more consistent than those two listed. He is one of those few players that doesn't have to take a pay as you go kind of contract. He can demand just about whatever he wants and some team will pay it.