• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD will not sign extension and has requested a trade.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka and DeAndre for AD straight up (plus contract filler), who says no?

Don't say 'but Jrue' because obviously NO can deal him for an asset or two if they get Luka.

Honestly, AD is a beast but I wouldn't give up Luka. That's just me

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Simmons or Tatum for AD straight up doesn't work either, for Philly and Boston?

Those guys aren't close to AD. Simmons has big holes in his game as good as he is and Tatum isn't there yet. AD has no weaknesses.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys aren't close to AD. Simmons has big holes in his game as good as he is and Tatum isn't there yet. AD has no weaknesses.
It's interesting that you put Luka on a different tier than Simmons and Tatum

Simmons is an absolute physical freak. Tatum is just 20 yo. But out of the bunch, only Luka is untouchable?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's assuming that the Griz get worse and worse over the next 3 years. If they sell off their vets this year (they are available apparently), they should bottom out next year and then improve. I would guess that they would stay bottom 8 this year (unless they keep all vets, then they could bounce back a bit), bottom 6 is a fair bet if rebuilding next year, but should improve in year 3.

No one is going to touch Conley with his contract.

Gasol is likely going to opt out after this year if the Griz don't trade him by the deadline. He'll be a damn nice, cheap consolation prize for someone who loses out on the AD sweepstake as a 1 year fill in as he likely will want to chase a ring.

The Griz don't have young talent and they aren't a place that is going to attract FA's. That is a franchise staring a 5-7 year rebuild right in the face. You look around the league and you name the one place in the worst shape talent wise and age wise in regards to the roster where they will be 5 years from now and the Griz are clearly one of the worst teams in that regards.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Simmons is an absolute physical freak. Tatum is just 20 yo. But out of the bunch, only Luka is untouchable?

Tatum is very close to untouchable imo but I think he would thrive somewhere else. Kyrie needs the ball in his hands and as good as a shooter Tatum is think it could be clogging his growth. Dallas seems like the perfect place for Luka and he is the #1 already. I think that does play a part imo especially if Boston signs Kyrie long-term.
I'm sorry in today's game until Simmons improves his jump shooting he won't be on Tatum or Luka's level as great as he is at everything else.

Right now. Who I like the most. Now this doesn't exactly mean who is the best right now but who I think will be the best considering their game. Simmons can be the best player in the game if he can establish some sort of jumpshot.

Luka > Tatum > Simmmons

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mediocre nobodies shouldn't have a "camp"

Pretty sure that Lonzo's "camp" is his Dad. Honestly, his Dad is probably most of Lonzo's problem.

It's why Lakers fans were hoping he'd get thrown in a Lithuanian Gulag when he was over there ruining LaMelo's basketball future and trying to pretend LiAngelo could get to the NBA from there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really think the Knicks, Bulls, and Nuggets may be dark horses here.

Definitely possible. Especially the Knicks. Even with the uncertainty of Porzingis' health. You put AD there and maybe the Knicks start looking a lot better to guys like Kyrie or Butler?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the Lakers to truly have a real chance, I think that is what will have to happen. But the message will have to be stronger than "preferred destination". "Preferred destination" is the language that emboldened the Thunder to trade for PG and the Raptors to trade for Kawhi.

Rich Paul needs to tell teams, he's not signing anywhere but the Lakers...period. Even then, someone might take a shot. But that message would greatly increase the Lakers chances.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich Paul needs to tell teams, he's not signing anywhere but the Lakers...period. Even then, someone might take a shot. But that message would greatly increase the Lakers chances.

I still don't think that would work considering there is a full year of AD next year.

If a team think acquiring AD would put them in a position to win a title then they'll take the risk

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

simmons couldn't be me in HORSE (if all shots were outside the paint). That's a problem in today's NBA.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
simmons couldn't be me in HORSE (if all shots were outside the paint). That's a problem in today's NBA.
No doubt.

He is still a physical freak and an extremely valuable asset.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think that would work considering there is a full year of AD next year.

If a team think acquiring AD would put them in a position to win a title then they'll take the risk

Maybe. That's why I said someone may still take a chance. But the only way to have a chance at depressing the market would be to be adamant about it.

As I said, with PG and Kawhi, their agents put out the message that they "preferred LA, but would consider other destinations".

Rich Paul needs to make it clear that AD won't consider any other destinations. That would likely also carry more weight coming from him.

But again, I agree that there's a good chance that someone will decide that 1 year of AD is better than never having him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. That's why I said someone may still take a chance. But the only way to have a chance at depressing the market would be to be adamant about it.

As I said, with PG and Kawhi, their agents put out the message that they "preferred LA, but would consider other destinations".

Rich Paul needs to make it clear that AD won't consider any other destinations. That would likely also carry more weight coming from him.

But again, I agree that there's a good chance that someone will decide that 1 year of AD is better than never having him.

There's also the notion he would consider other destinations. Most thought PG was LA or nothing and when he had the choice it was nothing...or OKC.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also the notion he would consider other destinations. Most thought PG was LA or nothing and when he had the choice it was nothing...or OKC.

That's why I said Rich Paul needs to be adamant that AD won't sign with anyone else. PG and Kawhi's agents both said that they "preferred LA, but would consider other destinations".

So, Paul needs to remove the "consider other destinations" part and tell teams, "go ahead and give up the assets to beat the Lakers offer, but it's only getting you a 1 year rental".

The problem with that is that it would, at least temporarily, make AD a little bit of a villain and that may not be something he wants to do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said Rich Paul needs to be adamant that AD won't sign with anyone else. PG and Kawhi's agents both said that they "preferred LA, but would consider other destinations".

So, Paul needs to remove the "consider other destinations" part and tell teams, "go ahead and give up the assets to beat the Lakers offer, but it's only getting you a 1 year rental".

The problem with that is that it would, at least temporarily, make AD a little bit of a villain and that may not be something he wants to do.
The problem is this only matters if he really wont consider other options. AD might be open to other destinations crazy as you might think that sounds.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly - I think Philly has a better package to offer without losing their entire core of young players and be able to compete. New Orleans is correct to take a wait and see approach - If they wait, they can accept the highest bidder. The Lakers have a decent package to offer even though that would leave them short handed, but I don't think they can go the entire 100 yard dash to get AD.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's also very dumb - what if shows signs of slowing down over the next 18 months, the Lakers can't get any other high quality players and going there suddenly looks like a very poor option?

He can limit himself if he likes but it seems crazy.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans are in the dreaded mediocre middle of the NBA. knowing now that they won't be re-signing AD I'd think they'd be inspired to make a move no later than this off-season. And it may not take quite the haul some suggest.

It's kind of a close neighbor of collusion when guys do this though.. Especially when they share an agent.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Team control for the next 8 years or so, or a guy who could potentially leave in another year? Especially when you don't have a championship window any time soon...this makes it a no-brainer with who I'm choosing.