• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD will not sign extension and has requested a trade.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t he signed for over 2 more years? If so any offer they take should reflect that Is what I’m saying. You are correct on the pennies though so why rush it?

No, last year is a player option (which obviously he won't exercise in NO). But he could tell the Pelicans he would be inclined to take the option in LA or Boston or wherever. He could also ask those teams to extend him to make the option meaningless.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well hopefully for their sake they will get more than the Thunder got for Durant. Wouldnt take much.

OKC did great on the Durant move. They got rid of a soft, whiny player who was holding back Russ from getting mad trip dubs. Addition by subtraction!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka and DeAndre for AD straight up (plus contract filler), who says no?

Don't say 'but Jrue' because obviously NO can deal him for an asset or two if they get Luka.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You criticize the C's offer I proposed there as one without likely all-stars... and then proceed to talk about a bunch of offers that don't include anything in the way of all-star potential (aside from the hypothetical top 3 pick). :noidea:

The Clippers potential deal @Mecca already described as crap.

I'll give you the Nuggets... they are the only potential trading partner I've seen hypothesized on a par with what the Celtics can do. It'd be interesting to know what AD thinks about Denver and what Denver thinks about their potential to resign him.

If you think that Smart/Rozier/Brown or some late lottery pick represent significantly better trade value thank Knox/Ntikilina/top 3 pick in the draft then you and I see things very differently.

Rozier is a RFA. Smart is a useful role player. Brown could still turn into an all-star but right now his value is a bit soft.

Knox was one of the youngest guys in the draft and shows potential. Obviously the top 3 is a ton of potential.

As I have said the Pels will need to go after either a bonafide all-star level player or lottery tickets. A top 3 lottery ticket is way better than a No. 14 or Jaylen Brown.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think that Smart/Rozier/Brown or some late lottery pick represent significantly better trade value thank Knox/Ntikilina/top 3 pick in the draft then you and I see things very differently.

Rozier is a RFA. Smart is a useful role player. Brown could still turn into an all-star but right now his value is a bit soft.

Knox was one of the youngest guys in the draft and shows potential. Obviously the top 3 is a ton of potential.

As I have said the Pels will need to go after either a bonafide all-star level player or lottery tickets. A top 3 lottery ticket is way better than a No. 14 or Jaylen Brown.

The risk is giant for losing teams like the Knicks. Why trade a potential #1 pick for a guy who just demanded a trade because he's tired of losing. The chances of the Knicks winning the title with AD are pretty slim imo.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there's this...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The risk is giant for losing teams like the Knicks. Why trade a potential #1 pick for a guy who just demanded a trade because he's tired of losing. The chances of the Knicks winning the title with AD are pretty slim imo.

Only way it makes sense for the Knicks to trade for AD is in June once they have their lottery pick and they can back channel talks with potential free agents like KD, Kawhi, and Butler. AD and whatever FA agree that they'll team up with the Knicks, Knicks go ahead and make the trade for AD, that free agent signs in July. They'd be stupid if they did anything at the deadline

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then there's this...

Pfft. Bullshit. Maybe "attention" meaning "Oh hey. The Lakers might be a tough opponent now". There's no way he's leaving the Warriors. He loves it there

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't disagree that a hypothetical top 3 pick is a strong trade chip... I conceded as much in that post.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue of bias is a double edged sword for you, of course.

You leave out Smart again. Smart's attitude and reasonable contract would be perfect on a rebuilding team.

That being said... yes, I absolutely believe a package of Brown, Smart, Williams and the C's picks is better than anything LAL can offer. Lonzo is arguably a net negative, and Zubac is the type of player the modern NBA is leaving in the dust. And again... all this is before the name Tatum enters the convo.

Folks can decide for themselves which one of us is deluded by bias.

I left out Smart as he has a 3 year contract that a rebuilding team may not want and is duplication at the SG position with Brown. Strong defensive player, but that is a sizable commitment to a role player.

You've fallen for the casual narrative about Lonzo; he's a plus defender, passer, and rebounder from the PG position. He was turning a corner with being aggressive and finishing at the rim when he rolled his ankle. Zubac is an emerging player this year that has impressed (much more so than Williams). 2 of those 1st rounders are likely to defer to at least 2020. If the Clippers one goes a year further, it's a 2nd. So we're talking potentially just a #13 and #24 currently this year. The Lakers will have a pick closer to the 13 than the 24 most likely. What happens with the Memphis pick after this season depends greatly on whether they commit to a fire sale this year and how fast that turns over next season.

Sure, Tatum is the best piece of the bunch. I would put both Kuzma and Ingram just behind him and ahead of the rest of the Celtics prospects, with Lonzo to follow (I don't see the Pels needing Lonzo anyway unless they start selling off their other assets as well).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initial thought was Cs could offer far more if they'd include Tatum, but you make good points. I do think Tatum definitely better than Kuzma, but Ball and Ingram might be better than other Cs players they could/would offer.

edit - though have to agree with Gman's point really no reason NO would want Ball (a net negative).

I absolutely don't agree with that opinion of Ball; I feel it's shortsighted and focused solely on scoring (ill-advised for evaluating a PG). However, unless the Pels also look to move Jrue, they may not be interested in adding another PG.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Griz pick is gold. It probably is the most valuable 1st round pick out there right now that is traded.

That pick only get better with time. That Griz pick has the potential to be another Tatum-like coup for whatever team owns it. Not getting that pick this year only increases that picks value. Memphis is about to start a complete rebuild and the pick becomes completely unprotected in 2021.

Meaning if the Griz own a top 8 pick this year and a top 6 pick next year, the 2021 pick could be the #1 overall pick if that is the way it fell.

That's assuming that the Griz get worse and worse over the next 3 years. If they sell off their vets this year (they are available apparently), they should bottom out next year and then improve. I would guess that they would stay bottom 8 this year (unless they keep all vets, then they could bounce back a bit), bottom 6 is a fair bet if rebuilding next year, but should improve in year 3.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka and DeAndre for AD straight up (plus contract filler), who says no?

Don't say 'but Jrue' because obviously NO can deal him for an asset or two if they get Luka.
I'm saying no if I am Dallas. Luka appears to be an elite player himself...at the very least will become one. Why trade an elite player on his rookie deal for an oft injured max player who is much older?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way it makes sense for the Knicks to trade for AD is in June once they have their lottery pick and they can back channel talks with potential free agents like KD, Kawhi, and Butler. AD and whatever FA agree that they'll team up with the Knicks, Knicks go ahead and make the trade for AD, that free agent signs in July. They'd be stupid if they did anything at the deadline
Not even sure that makes sense for NY. IF they think a top pick is elite might as well keep the young guy on the rookie deal as opposed to the oft injured max player.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I left out Smart as he has a 3 year contract that a rebuilding team may not want and is duplication at the SG position with Brown. Strong defensive player, but that is a sizable commitment to a role player.
I completely disagree with you on this point. Smart isn't "the key" in any potential trade, but he is a good additional piece and would be an asset on a rebuilding team.

His contract is very reasonable... that's not even an issue. Just as important, though, is his competitive attitude that is unlikely to flag even in a rebuilding scenario. He could assume a role as team leader in terms of toughness.
shopson said:
You've fallen for the casual narrative about Lonzo; he's a plus defender, passer, and rebounder from the PG position. He was turning a corner with being aggressive and finishing at the rim when he rolled his ankle. Zubac is an emerging player this year that has impressed (much more so than Williams).
It's notable that you criticize me for being a homer... and then go full homer on your take of hometown players.

If I've fallen for anything re: Lonzo... I'm not the only one.

Regarding Zubac... the guy might have been a nice piece to develop and get into 10 or 20 years ago. But no one should be excited about having him on the team in 2019. He might give you some pt's and rebounds on certain nights... but he is a big defensive liability and that's never, ever going to change. Ever.

The plus athleticism of Williams III makes him a much better developmental prospect. I have no doubt in my mind that if Williams was on the Lakers this season swatting shots and catching lobs from LeBron, you would be singing a very different tune.
Shop said:
2 of those 1st rounders are likely to defer to at least 2020. If the Clippers one goes a year further, it's a 2nd. So we're talking potentially just a #13 and #24 currently this year. The Lakers will have a pick closer to the 13 than the 24 most likely. What happens with the Memphis pick after this season depends greatly on whether they commit to a fire sale this year and how fast that turns over next season.
For a rebuilding team like the Pel's would be... it isn't necessarily fatal that (in worst case scenarios) some of these picks might defer. Gathering picks is valuable to a rebuilding team willy nilly.

The Memphis pick is the real gem of the bunch. It's tough to put a negative spin on that one... it's a very good piece.
Shop said:
Sure, Tatum is the best piece of the bunch. I would put both Kuzma and Ingram just behind him and ahead of the rest of the Celtics prospects, with Lonzo to follow (I don't see the Pels needing Lonzo anyway unless they start selling off their other assets as well).
I won't argue the point re: Kuzma and Ingram. Even if I grant, for the sake of argument, that they are maybe slightly better than Brown... neither is significantly so... and Kuzma has the lowest ceiling of the 3.

This aspect of the debate just doesn't seem like deal breaker type stuff to me.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying no if I am Dallas. Luka appears to be an elite player himself...at the very least will become one. Why trade an elite player on his rookie deal for an oft injured max player who is much older?
So Simmons or Tatum for AD straight up doesn't work either, for Philly and Boston?