• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD will not sign extension and has requested a trade.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's what we do here, but man I am already so sick of the AD speculation. But that's part of the fun of the sport in the age of Twitter.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily disagree with any of this... not necessarily... we seem to be talking past each other to some extent, though.

With regards to your final point... again, how often does a trade go down where one star is traded for another? My point to everyone would be: there's a reason for that. Teams aren't looking to swap stars... they are looking to team them up.

Most every time, "top tier talent" isn't received back when a team is forced to move a guy like AD.

That's just it though, AD is legitimate top tier talent already. Tatum has upside, but there's no guarantee he reaches a top 10 player status. It's entirely possible, but at this point we just have no idea. So I think to some extent you're over-valuing Tatum from the standpoint of "potential" vs "actual" value.

But I mean I used to think Monta Ellis was amazing, so what do I know.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it though, AD is legitimate top tier talent already. Tatum has upside, but there's no guarantee he reaches a top 10 player status. It's entirely possible, but at this point we just have no idea. So I think to some extent you're over-valuing Tatum from the standpoint of "potential" vs "actual" value.

But I mean I used to think Monta Ellis was amazing, so what do I know.
Just to have it said again: I don't think Tatum and AD are on an equal par. Maybe only 1 or 2 guys in the NBA are on an equal par with AD.

So I'm a little nonplussed by the "over-valuing" critique you're making here. Again, we seem to be talking past each other IMO.

My point is more that... the way these scenarios play out in reality... teams don't have to give up the farm in order to wrestle away a star play from a team in New Orleans' predictament. Most every time, the actual deal is seen as "won" by the team getting the bonafide star.

Yet when it comes to the Celtics... time and time again in various trade scenarios for the last several years, folks have argued that they should give up the farm basically because they can afford to better than most.

I'm just not too moved by such 'reasoning'. My opinion is also tempered by the fact that almost every move Danny Ainge has made has been criticized and viewed negatively at the time of the deal.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to have it said again: I don't think Tatum and AD are on an equal par. Maybe only 1 or 2 guys in the NBA are on an equal par with AD.

So I'm a little nonplussed by the "over-valuing" critique you're making here. Again, we seem to be talking past each other IMO.

My point is more that... the way these scenarios play out in reality... teams don't have to give up the farm in order to wrestle away a star play from a team in New Orleans' predictament. Most every time, the actual deal is seen as "won" by the team getting the bonafide star.

Yet when it comes to the Celtics... time and time again in various trade scenarios for the last several years, folks have argued that they should give up the farm basically because they can afford to better than most.

I'm just not too moved by such 'reasoning'. My opinion is also tempered by the fact that almost every move Danny Ainge has made has been criticized and viewed negatively at the time of the deal.

Fair enough. :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's what we do here, but man I am already so sick of the AD speculation. But that's part of the fun of the sport in the age of Twitter.

It's just bc it isn't GS in the speculation lol. Draymond Green, Looney and a bag of rice for AD? but there is more...AD will take a contract extension in GS but he will ONLY take the minimum to win in GS...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly can't think of any move he made that was viewed negatively.....to me, seems like he and Stevens can do no wrong to most.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is this only matters if he really wont consider other options. AD might be open to other destinations crazy as you might think that sounds.

That's the point. My stance on this all along is that AD has to be set on signing with the Lakers and only the Lakers.

Considering he changed agents to the same as Lebron's, that may signal that he only wants to sign with the Lakers. But until he or Rich Paul actually make it official, it's nothing more than an interesting change in representation.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raptors get him for Siakam/OG/JV. Win title. Re-sign Kawhi. Sign Boogie. Win next title. Brow re-signs. Win next 4 titles. Lebron retires after missing playoffs for three years in a row.

BBB wakes up in a pool of...hey, is that...?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point. My stance on this all along is that AD has to be set on signing with the Lakers and only the Lakers.

Considering he changed agents to the same as Lebron's, that may signal that he only wants to sign with the Lakers. But until he or Rich Paul actually make it official, it's nothing more than an interesting change in representation.

Anthony Davis expected to inform teams that Lakers are his ‘preferred destination’

Sure sounds like the Lakers are preferred, and that will be announced soon...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have to say I can't believe the NBA allows this. One of their players owns an agency that represents other players? Talk about a conflict of interest, potential tampering, etc.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also very dumb - what if shows signs of slowing down over the next 18 months, the Lakers can't get any other high quality players and going there suddenly looks like a very poor option?

He can limit himself if he likes but it seems crazy.

What if who shows signs of slowing down? Lebron?

It really doesn't matter unless Lebron is the reason he wants to be a Laker. I'm sure AD can count and knows how old Lebron is, yet he was willing to change to Lebron's agent.

If the Lakers trade for AD, they can afford another max level guy. So, even if Lebron slows down, AD won't be carrying the load alone.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just bc it isn't GS in the speculation lol. Draymond Green, Looney and a bag of rice for AD? but there is more...AD will take a contract extension in GS but he will ONLY take the minimum to win in GS...
Nah I'm genuinely sick of it. I might be even more so if the Warriors had a shot because then the local media would be adding on

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Pelicans still hold the cards because AD's contract is very manage-able in the 25M range for the next year. On top of that he's a piece that can put a contending team over the top. At worst they can trade him next season to a potential contender.

Even if AD says he'll only re-sign with the Lakers, if a team who can acquire him can get a championship in that window while he's still with their team, I think it makes it a risk worth taking. IMO.

Which is what I've said all along.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if who shows signs of slowing down? Lebron?

It really doesn't matter unless Lebron is the reason he wants to be a Laker. I'm sure AD can count and knows how old Lebron is, yet he was willing to change to Lebron's agent.

If the Lakers trade for AD, they can afford another max level guy. So, even if Lebron slows down, AD won't be carrying the load alone.
Wont be alone IF they find another max guy. And suppose they aren't the best fit (like AD and Cousins)? It's AD, another stud and filler.