• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD traded to Lakers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least they get to see Boston fucking up royally to

2 years ago at this time it looked like Boston was going to own the East for years to come.

Then: Hayward gets hurt......Kyrie goes full lunatic.....Davis refuses to go there.....

Horford has a player option he might or might not pick up....I wonder which way they are hoping he goes.

If he leaves they have what? Tatum, Brown, Smart, ---- and maybe signing Rozier? ehhh.....they looked like they were gonna make multiple finals the next 5 years....now im not sure if they are a top 6 team in the EAst going into next year.

it can change that fast.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at least they get to see Boston fucking up royally to

2 years ago at this time it looked like Boston was going to own the East for years to come.

Then: Hayward gets hurt......Kyrie goes full lunatic.....Davis refuses to go there.....

Horford has a player option he might or might not pick up....I wonder which way they are hoping he goes.

If he leaves they have what? Tatum, Brown, Smart, ---- and maybe signing Rozier? ehhh.....they looked like they were gonna make multiple finals the next 5 years....now im not sure if they are a top 6 team in the EAst going into next year.

it can change that fast.
:lol: Your franchise is fucked.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they make the NBA finals i think they will be glad they made the trade

if they come up short of the finals i bet they wish they would have waited.
Nah, the bigger objective was to get a young star to have for now and the future, so I'm happy regardless. Anything else is cake

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STill- giving up a former #2 pick, former #2 pick, this year #4 pick, and 2 future first rounders is a healthy bounty to pay for a guy on a 1 year contract but its something they had to do since they couldnt wait for another year and keep their cap space open for another year--- you cant ask LeBron to wait ANOTHER year at his age.

Yeah. The second they signed Lebron, it didn't become "win now" because he knew there was no one else coming.

But it damn sure became win next year. They had to get something done and pay whatever they had to pay to do it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much cap room they still have left and what they intend to do with it.

I've heard $28-32 million. I think that's dependent on if AD declines his $4 million trade bonus.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An aging Labron, AD (for 1 season) and a roster of D league players doesn't equal a title. AD goes FA, Labron retires (or just fakes an injury after next season) and with no draft picks the Lakers win 15-20 games for the following 8 seasons.

Nice way to run a franchise.

Salt.jpg

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I genuinely think the Pels are going to be fun to watch. Zion, Lonzo, Ingram, Holiday, maybe Randle...that team is going to play at light speed. I just hope Lonzo and Ingram can stay healthy for them.
Not enough shooting in that line up... not nearly enough.
tf12 said:
Disagree about Ingram. He was playing at an all star level when he got hurt. I'm not saying he'll be as good the guys you mentioned, but if he can stay healthy, there's no reason he can't be an all star caliber player.
The Lakers were playing losing basketball during that time, though.

So what does that mean... putting up some stats on a bad team during the regular season?

It's tough to tell...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly--- Bell will never be anything more than a solid player until he can shoot 65%+ from the line and 34%+ from 3.

Ideally he is at 37%+ from 3 and 75%+ from the free throw line like a normal guard. If he can get to those numbers he would be special---- but with how broken his shot looks, i just seriously doubt its possible.

This is his first off-season where he wasn't rehabilitating an injury. Hopefully he's using Dr. Kobe's 1000 shots a day prescription.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not enough shooting in that line up... not nearly enough.

I said they'd be fun to watch and play at lightning speed. I didn't say they'd win a lot of games. lol

The Lakers were playing losing basketball during that time, though.

So what does that mean... putting up some stats on a bad team during the regular season?

It's tough to tell...

lol

Can't tell if he's good because he put up good numbers on a bad team.

I guess it means he's good enough to not put up bad numbers on a bad team.

I've always thought that was the lamest criticism to make of player.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not funny (even if I did rate it funny).

The wife and son are taking me to see John Wick 3 tomorrow for Father's Day.
It was AWESOME.

Let me know how you like it.

Feliz dia de Padres!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was AWESOME.

Let me know how you like it.

Feliz dia de Padres!

I will. Can't wait to see it. I think we're going to one of those fancy pants theaters where they have recliners and you can order your food from your seat.

Gracias.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said they'd be fun to watch and play at lightning speed. I didn't say they'd win a lot of games. lol
Fair enough.
tfan12 said:
lol

Can't tell if he's good because he put up good numbers on a bad team.

I guess it means he's good enough to not put up bad numbers on a bad team.

I've always thought that was the lamest criticism to make of player.
Even bad teams put up 100+ points per night on average and a stat sheet fills up.

The point with Ingram is that that is the brand of basketball he plays: losing, ISO ball.

Again, only the very best can make that win. Harden, Durant... those guys.

Ingram isn't those guys. And he's not gonna be.

Notice I'm not saying that Ingram is terrible at basketball. You have to be pretty damn good to be any kind of ISO option in the NBA.

Perhaps, though, it's even worse that he is not a bum. He's fool's gold... he does some nice things and puts up some stats while the team loses.

That's my point. Again, JMO.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, and let's not forget the nearly 30 MIL they still have to sign more players...

EXACTLY CL. This story isn't finished yet...it'll be interesting to see how the roster gets filled out

Can't decide if they're better off going after a 3rd star player, or using the money to sign guys in the Vucevic, Patrick Beverly, JJ Reddick, Marcus Morris range.

I guess if they can get a 3rd star, they kind of have to. But something like that wouldn't be a bad plan B.