• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD traded to Lakers

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't decide if they're better off going after a 3rd star player, or using the money to sign guys in the Vucevic, Patrick Beverly, JJ Reddick, Marcus Morris range.

I guess if they can get a 3rd star, they kind of have to. But something like that wouldn't be a bad plan B.
Beverley, Derrick Favors, Markief Morris.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, it is an OK trade for both teams. Lakers get AD and also get rid of Lonzo Ball. The latter is huge. Abd they keep Kuzma.

N'awlins meanwhile gets a decent return given their bad poker hand at this stage in the process. Three #1s and Brandon Ingram.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't decide if they're better off going after a 3rd star player, or using the money to sign guys in the Vucevic, Patrick Beverly, JJ Reddick, Marcus Morris range.

I guess if they can get a 3rd star, they kind of have to. But something like that wouldn't be a bad plan B.

Beverley, Derrick Favors, Markief Morris.

Definitely Pat Bev.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record...a lot of people were nowhere near as high we were on D-Lo Russell's future when he was on the Lakers, and then when he got to the Nets it was, "what were the lakers thinking". B.I and Lonzo aren't perfect, but they're gonna be really good for the pels in the coming years

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could frame the trade as great for the Lakers or bad for the Lakers.

Good- they pair LeBron James still near the height of his game with another top 15 player and still have about 30 million in cap room

Bad- they sucked for 6 years and end up trading almost every asset they had to sign a 34 year old LeBron James and trade for a guy with 1 year left on his contract that said he would sign there in free agency anyway.

So all good then. Because you've been saying over and over and over in your typical fashion that the Lakers can't waste another year of an aging LeBron. So waiting for Davis another year wasn't an option, unless you are a giant hypocrite.
Most of the assets traded were picks (which don't help an aging LeBron) and Lonzo (who you have said over and over is shitty). The only asset they traded that can help LeBron right now is Ingram, and he's not exactly world beating or the picture of health.

The Lakers hit a monster home run here and you know it.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record...a lot of people were nowhere near as high we were on D-Lo Russell's future when he was on the Lakers, and then when he got to the Nets it was, "what were the lakers thinking". B.I and Lonzo aren't perfect, but they're gonna be really good for the pels in the coming years

I never saw what people saw in BI. Lonzo looks to have potential but not BI, IMO. What do you see in the guy?

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way @buckalis posts here ever again. But I will give that old deepshit props if he does. Maybe he's having brain surgery.

:nono: Have to actually have a brain for that to happen

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So all good then. Because you've been saying over and over and over in your typical fashion that the Lakers can't waste another year of an aging LeBron. So waiting for Davis another year wasn't an option, unless you are a giant hypocrite.
Most of the assets traded were picks (which don't help an aging LeBron) and Lonzo (who you have said over and over is shitty). The only asset they traded that can help LeBron right now is Ingram, and he's not exactly world beating or the picture of health.

The Lakers hit a monster home run here and you know it.

A rare great post from you.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good- they pair LeBron James still near the height of his game with another top 15 player and still have about 30 million in cap room

Lol at calling AD a "top 15 player" instead of a top 5 player like he is.

This must be killing you seeing the Lakers actually do something productive.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at calling AD a "top 15 player" instead of a top 5 player like he is.

This must be killing you seeing the Lakers actually do something productive.

He'll have to double up shitting on the Heat now

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More draft pick clarification. Not gonna lie, the totally unprotected pick swaps in the later years make just a very tiny bit queasy. Pelinka really should have fought hard to at least put some kind of top 3 or top 5 protection them.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are gonna need a Danny Green, Redick type too.

Yep. I prefer Danny if I'm the Lakers.

Danny + Beverly + more depth > breaking the bank on Kemba Walker.