• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Actuallly....Sam Darnold

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a 2nd or 3rd round pick is worth the risk to take on Darnold if we hit we have a franchise QB. IF we miss we still have TM and Allen to fall back on and only game up a 2nd or third round pick. No brainer. Its worth the risk

Fwiw, I've watched him play since he was at San Clemente High.

If you look at Darnold and Baker Mayfield. Baker had a better rookie season. Darnold had a better 2nd year. Mayfield regressed.

Last year, Baker looked like the guy the Browns thought they were getting. Darnold regressed.

The difference was, Mayfield had Stefanski who provided stability and the Browns gave him weapons.

Darnold had Adam Gase and a roster of practice squad guys and he still managed to play well enough to screw up the Jets shot at the #1 pick. lol

If Rivera is as stabilizing a presence as Stefanski (I think he is), I think you'll end up being happy with him no matter what round pick is used.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets have received "real interest" in Sam Darnold.​

Rapoport said the team would "complete their evaluations of the top QBs in the NFL Draft before making any decisions" on what to do with Darnold. All signs point to the Jets trading Darnold in the coming weeks. The Patriots and Washington have expressed some interest in acquiring Darnold in hopes that Adam Gase did not permanently break the once-promising QB. Rapoport said the Jets are in no hurry to deal Darnold, who could be left in career limbo for at least the next two months.
    RELATED: SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Feb 22, 2021, 12:15 PM ET

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets have received "real interest" in Sam Darnold.​

Rapoport said the team would "complete their evaluations of the top QBs in the NFL Draft before making any decisions" on what to do with Darnold. All signs point to the Jets trading Darnold in the coming weeks. The Patriots and Washington have expressed some interest in acquiring Darnold in hopes that Adam Gase did not permanently break the once-promising QB. Rapoport said the Jets are in no hurry to deal Darnold, who could be left in career limbo for at least the next two months.
    RELATED:
  • SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Feb 22, 2021, 12:15 PM ET

I had no idea the Ian Rapoport had a side gig as a sports comedian. That bit about Washington being interested is hilarious!!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea the Ian Rapoport had a side gig as a sports comedian. That bit about Washington being interested is hilarious!!

we will see. I think we make an offer.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will see. I think we make an offer.
I really hope that Washington isn't going to make moves because of impatience and fear that some other team will beat them out for a player that's either slated to become a free agent or unavailable.

If I had to project on what happens with Darnold, the Jets will draft a rookie, keep Darnold through training camp then either trade him or start him depending upon what's shown by the rookie in camp. Smart thing to do!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope that Washington isn't going to make moves because of impatience and fear that some other team will beat them out for a player that's either slated to become a free agent or unavailable.

If I had to project on what happens with Darnold, the Jets will draft a rookie, keep Darnold through training camp then either trade him or start him depending upon what's shown by the rookie in camp. Smart thing to do!

I think Darnold gets traded before the draft.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the reason on his downfall will be the question . , and if you want to roll the dice . i am not sure you can fix him so can he produce with a better team around him ?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a middle ground between “he cant play” and “Rich Crimini’s nonsensical, homer-ific wish list trade fleecing of the WFT,” for Sam Darnold though.

flipping firsts and throwing in a second AND a third for what, on paper is literally not better than what the WFT already has is redoinkulous.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt that it's a luck of the draw type deal for these guys. They are drafted high because their destination team is terrible, but along with that high draft status, comes an expectation to pass the eye test. This test cannot be quantifiably described, but you know it when you see it. Take as an example, that young fella with the Chargers. Despite being drafted to a poor team, he performed in a manner that let's folks know that he has that sumptin' sumptin' which invites even the casual observer take note. We really don't see that in Sam Darnold and perhaps there were circumstances that hindered his shine in New York but to look at his body of work you just don't see those ah-ha moments.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt that it's a luck of the draw type deal for these guys. They are drafted high because their destination team is terrible, but along with that high draft status, comes an expectation to pass the eye test. This test cannot be quantifiably described, but you know it when you see it. Take as an example, that young fella with the Chargers. Despite being drafted to a poor team, he performed in a manner that let's folks know that he has that sumptin' sumptin' which invites even the casual observer take note. We really don't see that in Sam Darnold and perhaps there were circumstances that hindered his shine in New York but to look at his body of work you just don't see those ah-ha moments.

You know who DOES pass the eye test? Taylor Heineke.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it be that the charger qb is elite and Darnold is avg ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it be that the charger qb is elite and Darnold is avg

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it be that the charger qb is elite and Darnold is avg
They dropped the ball on Herbert, and media tried to push the narrative he'd be a poor leader because he's quiet. Chargers won the draft!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who dropped the ball

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who DOES pass the eye test? Taylor Heineke.
I agree, but what was it about his prior attempts with Rivera that didn't give Ron that ah-ha moment?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it be that the charger qb is elite and Darnold is avg ?
That could very well be the case but what it says to me is, there's something about one that just isn't there in the other, definitions of "elite" and "average" notwithstanding.