• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Actuallly....Sam Darnold

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. I have no problem in giving up a 2nd or 3rd for Darnold. If we dont get him I think another team either offers the Jets a 2nd or 3rd for him. that is why i made the friendly bet with chilller. I think he brings that trade compensation.

i think you would gladly give up 19 for him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you would gladly give up 19 for him.

lol. No, I wouldn't go that far. We need a QB but I would give up a 2nd to beat out another team. If we can get him for one of ours 3rd's i would be happy.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m hearing fitzmagic talk of being the redskins qb next year. I wouldn’t mind if he was brought in to compete with Allen and heiny. Fitz is one of my most favorite dudes in the nfl. I’d like to have a beer or few with that cat.
Agree, I have been for him coming here for a while. If they can't get someone they love then Fitz would be okay with me. He seems like a fun guy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scenario 1: Trade Darnold, draft a quarterback. Publicly, the Jets haven't committed to Darnold. Taken at face value, it means they're looking for an upgrade -- as they should. If they deal their onetime quarterback of the future, it means they're sold on a quarterback in the draft. Our hunch is that it's BYU's Zach Wilson, assuming Trevor Lawrence goes No. 1 to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

There are some who believe the Jets could get more for Darnold than what the Philadelphia Eagles received for Wentz -- a 2021 third-rounder and a 2022 conditional second-round pick that can rise to a first-rounder based on playing time. Wentz was an MVP candidate in 2017, but he also has baggage -- a big contract, an injury history and questions about his coachability. As one league source said, "Darnold is cheap. He has two years left [on his contract, including the fifth-year option]. Great kid, poor team."

In our projection, the Jets trade Darnold to the Washington Football Team for a swap of first-round picks (Nos. 19 and 23), a 2021 second-round pick (No. 51) and a 2022 third-rounder. The one caveat is Deshaun Watson. If the Houston Texans decide to trade their star, the Jets must be prepared to pivot quickly. Removing Watson from the equation, the Jets could walk away with these picks and prospects (see scenario 1 chart).

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scenario 1: Trade Darnold, draft a quarterback. Publicly, the Jets haven't committed to Darnold. Taken at face value, it means they're looking for an upgrade -- as they should. If they deal their onetime quarterback of the future, it means they're sold on a quarterback in the draft. Our hunch is that it's BYU's Zach Wilson, assuming Trevor Lawrence goes No. 1 to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

There are some who believe the Jets could get more for Darnold than what the Philadelphia Eagles received for Wentz -- a 2021 third-rounder and a 2022 conditional second-round pick that can rise to a first-rounder based on playing time. Wentz was an MVP candidate in 2017, but he also has baggage -- a big contract, an injury history and questions about his coachability. As one league source said, "Darnold is cheap. He has two years left [on his contract, including the fifth-year option]. Great kid, poor team."

In our projection, the Jets trade Darnold to the Washington Football Team for a swap of first-round picks (Nos. 19 and 23), a 2021 second-round pick (No. 51) and a 2022 third-rounder. The one caveat is Deshaun Watson. If the Houston Texans decide to trade their star, the Jets must be prepared to pivot quickly. Removing Watson from the equation, the Jets could walk away with these picks and prospects (see scenario 1 chart).

Seriously dude...these are the same people that destroyed Philadelphia with false hope and multiple first rounders.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously dude...these are the same people that destroyed Philadelphia with false hope and multiple first rounders.

Im saying its not crazy that Darnold wont bring in a 2nd OR 3rd.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hey IMO Philly ended up getting a first rounder. I thought Philly did well getting a 1 and 3 with only one team involved in a trade.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The beginning of that article says “lets have some fun and project how the draft might play out in both situations.”

That’s some high quality analysis right there.

The article also says, “As one league source said, "Darnold is cheap. He has two years left [on his contract, including the fifth-year option]. Great kid, poor team."

That is the reason why the Jets might get more for Darnold than the eagles got for a former MVP candidate - that he’s cheap, is a great kid, and that he has two years left on his contract.”

So according to espn, the WFT should trade a second and third rounder for darnold because he is cheap, has two years left on hos contract, and is a great guy.

Do those sound like good reasons to you, Dean to trade for Darnold?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think darnold is worth a serious look . but not for the price suggested by ESPN and others . strangely enough our team no matter who is in charge cant seem to draft 2nd rounders very well . look at what we have done round by round with the 2nd rounders

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The beginning of that article says “lets have some fun and project how the draft might play out in both situations.”

The article also says, “As one league source said, "Darnold is cheap. He has two years left [on his contract, including the fifth-year option]. Great kid, poor team."

That is the reason why the Jets might get more for Darnold than the eagles got for a former MVP candidate - that he’s cheap, is a great kid, and that he has two years left on his contract.”

So according to espn, the WFT should trade a second and third rounder for darnold because he is cheap, has two years left on hos contract, and is a great guy.

I think its a bit much what ESPN said. I think they will be a trade market for him. If we have to beat out a team I would offer our 2nd rounder.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think darnold is worth a serious look . but not for the price suggested by ESPN and others . strangely enough our team no matter who is in charge cant seem to draft 2nd rounders very well . look at what we have done round by round with the 2nd rounders

I agree. Plus is for a possible franchise QB. Why not take the risk?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
darnold isnt a franchise qb . not even possible , what you are getting if he pans out is an avg starter who if he can limit mistakes can manage the game and hit the occasional big play

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
darnold isnt a franchise qb . not even possible , what you are getting if he pans out is an avg starter who if he can limit mistakes can manage the game and hit the occasional big play

you never know. I think his ceiling is higher than TH and Allen.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you never know. I think his ceiling is higher than TH and Allen.
part of what happened to him in NYJ is coaching and bad players around him . part of it is on him . so you give 50% to both and come out avg . i dont have any idea what the potential ceiling is for falco there isnt enough tape on him to make a judgment. i dont see allen being anymore the AVG as well

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• This is the author of that article, and it seems to me that he believes Washington would be a favorable sucker for a team that he favors.
    i

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer

The most interesting part of his scenario in a proposed fleecing of the Snydermen is this;

"A source from one of those teams came away with the impression Darnold won't be dealt. If that's the case, the Jets can use their draft capital to build around him. If they opt for the status quo -- risky, considering Darnold's underwhelming body of work --"

In effect, Darnold has an "underwhelming body of work" which could result in__ "the Jets trade Darnold to the Washington Football Team for a swap of first-round picks (Nos. 19 and 23), a 2021 second-round pick (No. 51) and a 2022 third-rounder."

Result of the effort, Jets get an unbelievable draft haul.

Washington gets a player with an "underwhelming body of work!"

Seems fair right?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was not pleased with the moves Rivera made before the season, however...they worked out.
I also hated the amari cooper pursuit, if AND ONLY if Rivera somehow sends multiple picks for Sam "hot garbage" Darnold
I'll humbly admit he must see something we all don't, and proceed to watch the Ravens

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not pleased with the moves Rivera made before the season, however...they worked out.
I also hated the amari cooper pursuit, if AND ONLY if Rivera somehow sends multiple picks for Sam "hot garbage" Darnold
I'll humbly admit he must see something we all don't, and proceed to watch the Ravens

That is a bit drastic but you got to do what you feel.