• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers fastest QB to throw 300 TD passes

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. And Patriots fans jumping on here this quickly with that assumption just wreaks of insecurity.
You'd be insecure too if your baseball team used Babe Ruth as a pitcher, then traded him to their arch rival and didn't win a world series for 90 years.

This is compounded by the first 40 years of the Pats being one of the most pathetic franchises in pro football, and yes I included their first 10 years in the AFL, for those of you that don't like to count pre-merger crappy football.

It gets even worse when you consider the Celtics had one of the greatest dynasties in sports of all time in a sport that so few cared about most don't even know what Bill Russell looked like when he was playing or who Red Auerbach is.

I can understand their insecurity...to a degree

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a sexual dude for sure....For the record, I wouldnt really fuck the fish.......But going down on your ex-girlfriend is definitely a go
Probably taste the same anyway.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unprecedented.

When you break a record in nearly a full season less than the next best it's somewhat noteworthy. Not to mention he has a good shot to get to 400 TDs before his 100th interception when no one had even done it at 300.
He did get to sit for multiple years. That helped him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda funny to see Rodgers 300 TDs compared to Brady's last 300 TDs, where their careers overlap fully instead of looking at two different passing ears.

Rodgers: 300 TD/74 INT
Brady: 300 TD/72 INT
True, has Rodgers been the first of the elite QBs to throw ALL of his passes in the Easy Passing version of the modern league?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it was Brady that did it. Amiright?!?

I refer you to my previous post. If it were donned upon Tom you'd be laughing like me.

....fastest to 300 TDs.

HTTP2dpZnJpZmljLmNvbS93cC1jb250ZW50L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAxMy8xMS9Sb24tQnVyZ3VuZHktQ29uZnVzZWQtTG9vay1hbmQtU21pbGUtQ29uYW4uZ2lm.gif

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refer you to my previous post. If it were donned upon Tom you'd be laughing like me.

....fastest to 300 TDs.

HTTP2dpZnJpZmljLmNvbS93cC1jb250ZW50L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAxMy8xMS9Sb24tQnVyZ3VuZHktQ29uZnVzZWQtTG9vay1hbmQtU21pbGUtQ29uYW4uZ2lm.gif
You're taking the record out of context. It's not simply that he broke the record that's amazing, its the fashion in which he broke it. He did it 13 games faster than anyone in history, or nearly a full season. Not to mention he has 41 less interceptions than anyone else at the time of his 300th. To put it in perceptive, Brady had 115 INTs at the time he threw his 300th TD, which was the previous record and amazing in itself. Rodgers has a chance to get to 400 before he even hits 100. It's mind boggling really.

As a football fan how can that not amaze you? You're claiming others of being insecure but you trying to dismiss an absolutely amazing feat makes you look like the insecure one.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

....fastest to 300 TDs.

I wouldn't call it meaningless. I mean, it won't get him to the playoffs, or in the Super Bowl or in the Hall of Fame, all by itself. But it's one hell of an accomplishment. Like Derski said, the way that he did it so much quicker than anyone else is almost mind-boggling. It's an incredible feather in his cap until someone else is able to do it. I think, of current players, Russell Wilson is the only one that has a chance at besting it, but he's still off-pace of where Rodgers was at that stage.

I see you like to fish. Let's say a friend called you one Saturday afternoon bragging about how he was out on the lake at 4:30 and caught the limit by noon. Now, let's say you were on the lake by 5 am and caught the limit by 10 am. Would you brag to your friend about that, or would you simply congratulate him on what he did?

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're taking the record out of context. It's not simply that he broke the record that's amazing, its the fashion in which he broke it. He did it 13 games faster than anyone in history, or nearly a full season. Not to mention he has 41 less interceptions than anyone else at the time of his 300th. To put it in perceptive, Brady had 115 INTs at the time he threw his 300th TD, which was the previous record and amazing in itself. Rodgers has a chance to get to 400 before he even hits 100. It's mind boggling really.

As a football fan how can that not amaze you? You're claiming others of being insecure but you trying to dismiss an absolutely amazing feat makes you look like the insecure one.
New rules, new strategies, new NFL.

It's great but a product of the times as well.

100% will ignore I said it was great.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New rules, new strategies, new NFL.

It's great but a product of the times as well.

100% will ignore I said it was great.
OK, so put your money where your mouth is. Who do you think will beat it and when? Like I said, Russell Wilson theoretically has a chance, but he will have to step up his game a bit. Will it be someone that was drafted in the last year or two? Does the person still have to be drafted?

Despite what your answer will be, I will still say that, since the rule's been in effect for over a decade, and only one current QB has even a glimmer of hope of matching him, it's still one hell of an accomplishment.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so put your money where your mouth is. Who do you think will beat it and when? Like I said, Russell Wilson theoretically has a chance, but he will have to step up his game a bit. Will it be someone that was drafted in the last year or two? Does the person still have to be drafted?

Despite what your answer will be, I will still say that, since the rule's been in effect for over a decade, and only one current QB has even a glimmer of hope of matching him, it's still one hell of an accomplishment.

RW will never get that chance cause he's not in a pass happy offense like Rodgers.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be insecure too if your baseball team used Babe Ruth as a pitcher, then traded him to their arch rival and didn't win a world series for 90 years.

This is compounded by the first 40 years of the Pats being one of the most pathetic franchises in pro football, and yes I included their first 10 years in the AFL, for those of you that don't like to count pre-merger crappy football.

It gets even worse when you consider the Celtics had one of the greatest dynasties in sports of all time in a sport that so few cared about most don't even know what Bill Russell looked like when he was playing or who Red Auerbach is.

I can understand their insecurity...to a degree

This one is cute, can I play with it?!?!

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW will never get that chance cause he's not in a pass happy offense like Rodgers.
Excellent point. I was solely looking at QBs with fairly equivalent TD:INT ratio. When you consider your point, it becomes even more clear that this accomplishment will not be surpassed anytime soon.