• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers fastest QB to throw 300 TD passes

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd be insecure too if your baseball team used Babe Ruth as a pitcher, then traded him to their arch rival and didn't win a world series for 90 years.

Well Ruth was actually great as a pitcher and was a big part of 2 championships. So I don't think it really makes us insecure that he was used as a pitcher

This is compounded by the first 40 years of the Pats being one of the most pathetic franchises in pro football, and yes I included their first 10 years in the AFL, for those of you that don't like to count pre-merger crappy football.

I'm not sure I would call them pathetic. They certainly weren't good. Pathetic seems strong. They sucked from the mid-60s to mid-70s, and then for the next couple decades they were a middle of the pack team who made 2 Super Bowls.

It gets even worse when you consider the Celtics had one of the greatest dynasties in sports of all time in a sport that so few cared about most don't even know what Bill Russell looked like when he was playing or who Red Auerbach is.

I can understand their insecurity...to a degree
That's people's own fault for not knowing Bill Russell or Red Auerbach. But, the Celtics are the 4th most popular team in the city and we understand that most of those championships were won in a mostly non-competitive league.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning and Marino were younger when they got to 300, you know, because they were good enough to start as rookies.

Rodgers is the official bitch of the Atlanta Falcons. They've beat him 3 times in less than a year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning and Marino were younger when they got to 300, you know, because they were good enough to start as rookies.

Rodgers is the official bitch of the Atlanta Falcons. They've beat him 3 times in less than a year.

Has Atlanta even punted yet against the Green Bay defense?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit is awesome. It took about 15 posts for a patriot fan to bring up Brady and about 2 pagers before it was a full blown hijacking.

I swear, if a pats fan doesn't bring up Brady they are waiting feverishly for someone else to so they can jump in and let the hijacking commence.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit is awesome. It took about 15 posts for a patriot fan to bring up Brady and about 2 pagers before it was a full blown hijacking.

I swear, if a pats fan doesn't bring up Brady they are waiting feverishly for someone else to so they can jump in and let the hijacking commence.

View attachment 166521
And it took 5 posts for a Packers fan to bring up Brady.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying that doesn't exist. It certainly does.
Here's the thing, I think comparing QBs is fun. I like doing it from different eras and attempting to put stats into context.

So a thread pops up that shows Rodgers success compared to other QBs. Then people get all bitchy because someone posts about a different QB in comparison to Rodgers. Like the thread would be better if we all just came in, said "great job Aaron! Go get 'em!" and then let the thread die until it gets bumped again when he reaches 350 or 400. Whoopity freaking Doo, how boring is that.

So instead of any Packers fans responding to my point, they just bitch about other Patriots fans "hijacking the thread" and "Brady ballwashers" and all that rehashed crap. I've posted multiple times with stats, comparing Rodgers to Brady. Yes, in response to Rodgers fans posting stats demonstrating Rodgers dominance. I rarely get a response. Because instead of actually having a conversation, or seeing things from a different point of view, it's just easier to bitch.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing, I think comparing QBs is fun. I like doing it from different eras and attempting to put stats into context.

So a thread pops up that shows Rodgers success compared to other QBs. Then people get all bitchy because someone posts about a different QB in comparison to Rodgers. Like the thread would be better if we all just came in, said "great job Aaron! Go get 'em!" and then let the thread die until it gets bumped again when he reaches 350 or 400. Whoopity freaking Doo, how boring is that.

So instead of any Packers fans responding to my point, they just bitch about other Patriots fans "hijacking the thread" and "Brady ballwashers" and all that rehashed crap. I've posted multiple times with stats, comparing Rodgers to Brady. Yes, in response to Rodgers fans posting stats demonstrating Rodgers dominance. I rarely get a response. Because instead of actually having a conversation, or seeing things from a different point of view, it's just easier to bitch.

I watched Dan Marino "A Football Life"...More convinced that ever, no one has ever made the throws that guy made on a consistent basis

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That all part of the fun. I get more of a kick out of the bitching than anything else. Shoot... I might even instigate it from time to time. :rolleyes2:

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Dan Marino "A Football Life"...More convinced that ever, no one has ever made the throws that guy made on a consistent basis
Maybe. I can't pretend I saw a bunch of Dan Marino play. I'm just not that old to have seen him in his prime. A highlight reel isn't going to do much for me. I do know that he went 1-9 in the playoffs when he threw multiple INTs and went 7-1 when he didn't.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carson Palmer :L

Bruce Arians :L :L

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A tremendous passer, no doubt. Unfortunately for Dolphins fans he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed and he tended to choke in playoff games.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. I can't pretend I saw a bunch of Dan Marino play. I'm just not that old to have seen him in his prime. A highlight reel isn't going to do much for me. I do know that he went 1-9 in the playoffs when he threw multiple INTs and went 7-1 when he didn't.

Me either, but some of the most horrific defenses the postseason has ever seen with his Miami teams....His last hurrah was a 62-7 loss to Mark Brunnells Jags

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either, but some of the most horrific defenses the postseason has ever seen with his Miami teams....His last hurrah was a 62-7 loss to Mark Brunnells Jags
Yeah but they had opportunities where they were a middle of the pack defense, and did have some seasons where the offense wasn't that good either.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but they had opportunities where they were a middle of the pack defense, and did have some seasons where the offense wasn't that good either.

Yeah, im just talking pure passer...The windows that guy fit throws into.....He made Duper and Clayton borderline HOF'ers and they were both about 2 feet tall

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, im just talking pure passer...The windows that guy fit throws into.....He made Duper and Clayton borderline HOF'ers and they were both about 2 feet tall
Yeah and I fully understand people saying "I've never seen a guy throw a ball like that." Which probably means his ceiling was higher than any QB to play. But, as we know, there's more to quarterback than making the great throws.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and I fully understand people saying "I've never seen a guy throw a ball like that." Which probably means his ceiling was higher than any QB to play. But, as we know, there's more to quarterback than making the great throws.

Its pretty funny how it starts

They ask Marino "Is it cool or not cool that you are called the greatest QB ever not to win a SB"

Marino hesitates with this look and says "No, its absolutely sucks"