• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers already starting

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read all the articles you want from those that despise Rodgers and express their views in a negative way. Look what the Packers new coach did with Ryan, Goff, and the rookie in Washington! Now he has a real QB to work with.

After the first day of practice:

Aaron Rodgers gives his thoughts on the Packers' new offense after first practice of training camp

Aaron Rodgers gives his thoughts on the Packers' new offense after first practice of training camp

After his first practice of training camp on Thursday, Rodgers gave an early thumbs up to the new offense.

"I feel good about the offense," the Packers quarterback said, via Packersnews.com. "I feel good about the things we can do in it. But I think it's just kind of in its infancy right now in training camp. I think it has a lot of room to grow and it's going to be fun."

Rodgers said that the real learning will come when the Packers start to implement their no-huddle.

"I think once we get going on some of the no-huddle stuff, that to me has always been what cements the offense into your head because you start simplifying things even more in no-huddle," Rodgers said.

The upside of training camp is that it gets Rodgers out of the quarterback room and onto the field, where it's easier for him to learn.

"For me, I'm a visual learner in that sense," Rodgers said, via NFL.com. "So, I can figure it out on paper and I'm fine with that, but I like to see it as well and it helps me lock it into my brain. So, the more questions I ask, the more film he shows, the better I feel about the concepts, the better he feels knowing I'm confident in what we're doing. And that's how the relationship grows."

Although there were some hiccups during the spring -- like the audible issue -- it sounds like Rodgers and LaFleur have gotten a lot better at talking things over with each other.

"I feel great about the communication," Rodgers said. "He's in every meeting. We spend time one-on-one talking about stuff. He's the main voice in the offensive room, but he really appreciates open conversation and ideas and creativity. It's been a great relationship, a great start to it, and I look forward to that growing and getting into that rhythm with him as a play-caller."

As training camp moves into full swing, the two-time MVP won't just be looking to learn the team's new offense; he also wants to build a trust with LaFleur.

"What I can say is that him and I are friends," Rodgers said, via ESPN.com. "I think that's the first part of the relationship. The on-the-field relationship is one that grows over time. He hasn't called a play in to me in a game situation yet, so there's a process of feeling comfortable with the way the play comes in and him trusting me and me trusting him."

Reactions: GNG

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hate these entitled, whiny baby athletes that feel they are above all else. They tear teams apart from the inside regardless of how good they are. When your coach says publicly that something is good, you shut up and don't criticize it.

Damn you Millennials are all a bunch of little bitches...:D

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers have some major issues this year!

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among Rodgers’ frustrations was not revealing a lot “schematically” and the risk of injury before the season officially starts.

Go play badminton, ya pussy.

He was not referring to injuring himself as all QBs on all teams wear the red jerseys during practice and are not hit. He was referring to other players on the team when players on opposing teams try to make illegal hits on players on other teams to try and make a name for themselves like the player from Houston did and then was kicked off the field by his own coach after the play where is knocked a Packer rookie TE out knocking his helmet off and causing a concussion. This was just of the players on the team that were injured. The goal is to get through training camp healthy and not have players hurt by players from other teams when it is not needed. These would be the views of most Veteran QBs who do not have to make a statement or show greatness to make the team.

The Packer coaches look at it a bit differently as they like another team to come in and test their players against the players of another team giving them film to look at to see how they did at full strength one on one drills to see who is worthy of keeping on the team and who is not up to the task.

Teams now days when they practice among themselves do not go full out hitting hard with full strength tackles like they do when they are in games to mostly prevent injuries. This is why the first 3 or 4 games of the NFL season look like preseason games but with the starters playing as it takes awhile to get the starters into game shape because in training camp they avoid it to stay healthy.

When 2 different teams join together in a few practices it is more like real game hitting during practice which can be good for both teams but has more injury risk as mentioned by Rodgers and his reason for not favoring joint team practices. In Rodgers opinion it is more important to him to have a healthy team to start the season than for whatever reasons or advantages the Packers coaches feel they gain from it.

https://deadspin.com/texans-rookie-lonnie-johnson-jr-got-kicked-out-of-prac-1836996004

Texans rookie Lonnie Johnson Jr. sent off for big hits against Packers in practice

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers have some major issues this year!

There actually are no issues and things are going along great but the national media is not reporting what actually is going on in camp. It is nice to be under the radar. There will be some surprises

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There actually are no issues and things are going along great but the national media is not reporting what actually is going on in camp. It is nice to be under the radar. There will be some surprises
Yep, especially from Kalil Mack coming around the corner.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think it's better for the team not to be pencilled in as a SB favorite before they even snap a ball. The media has had a bad habit of doing that with this team strictly because of Rodgers.
As for Aaron, the guy has amazing talent and I prefer to wait and see on all this. I think he does rub people the wrong way at times like a few other QB's do. Big Ben says and does some shit that's bothersome at times too. I'm not in the heads of these guys team mates so I don't speculate but the Rodgers/ McCarthy relationship was obviously sour. Lafleur seems like a pretty good coach and an easy guy to like so we will see. They are going to be facing some pretty tough defenses though so they will have to be their absolute best to come out of this division and hope they stay healthy. If Aaron misses time again, they might have trouble even having a winning record.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was not referring to injuring himself as all QBs on all teams wear the red jerseys during practice and are not hit. He was referring to other players on the team when players on opposing teams try to make illegal hits on players on other teams to try and make a name for themselves like the player from Houston did and then was kicked off the field by his own coach after the play where is knocked a Packer rookie TE out knocking his helmet off and causing a concussion. This was just of the players on the team that were injured. The goal is to get through training camp healthy and not have players hurt by players from other teams when it is not needed. These would be the views of most Veteran QBs who do not have to make a statement or show greatness to make the team.

The Packer coaches look at it a bit differently as they like another team to come in and test their players against the players of another team giving them film to look at to see how they did at full strength one on one drills to see who is worthy of keeping on the team and who is not up to the task.

Teams now days when they practice among themselves do not go full out hitting hard with full strength tackles like they do when they are in games to mostly prevent injuries. This is why the first 3 or 4 games of the NFL season look like preseason games but with the starters playing as it takes awhile to get the starters into game shape because in training camp they avoid it to stay healthy.

When 2 different teams join together in a few practices it is more like real game hitting during practice which can be good for both teams but has more injury risk as mentioned by Rodgers and his reason for not favoring joint team practices. In Rodgers opinion it is more important to him to have a healthy team to start the season than for whatever reasons or advantages the Packers coaches feel they gain from it.

https://deadspin.com/texans-rookie-lonnie-johnson-jr-got-kicked-out-of-prac-1836996004

Texans rookie Lonnie Johnson Jr. sent off for big hits against Packers in practice

All good points. My comment was tongue in cheek I suppose. I mostly have issue with your highlighted comment. The rap on Rodgers is that it's a bad look for the QB or any player for that matter, to comment on coaching. It undermines his HC. Its better to let your opinions known directly to the HC or at least in private team meetings. Not the media.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points. My comment was tongue in cheek I suppose. I mostly have issue with your highlighted comment. The rap on Rodgers is that it's a bad look for the QB or any player for that matter, to comment on coaching. It undermines his HC. Its better to let your opinions known directly to the HC or at least in private team meetings. Not the media.
This is very true. It has been proven time and time again that teams win SBs, not individuals. Team building requires leadership and members of the team providing help and expertise from key positions. When you undermine the collaborative efforts of a group, you diminish the probability of success.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My take on this situation was each person the coach and player were asked about joint practices in different locations and as both made comments on the topic neither knew the other was being asked similar questions. I guess maybe Rodgers should just in the future reply to questions saying he cannot answer until her knows what the coaches views on the topic are.

But I highly doubt having different opinions on joint practices will have harm on team unity as Rodgers commented he has no say on how that goes down. He just said he does not like them

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mostly just want Rodgers to shut his cake hole and throw touchdowns.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on this situation was each person the coach and player were asked about joint practices in different locations and as both made comments on the topic neither knew the other was being asked similar questions. I guess maybe Rodgers should just in the future reply to questions saying he cannot answer until her knows what the coaches views on the topic are.

But I highly doubt having different opinions on joint practices will have harm on team unity as Rodgers commented he has no say on how that goes down. He just said he does not like them
not the first time already theres been issues with the new guy, and he clearly had coaching issues in the past

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not the first time already theres been issues with the new guy, and he clearly had coaching issues in the past
Lol yes it is. The last ridiculous thing was Lafleur saying he will call the plays and Rodgers saying he still expects to have control at the line. Both are right and the big dummies of the world went chicken little

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol yes it is. The last ridiculous thing was Lafleur saying he will call the plays and Rodgers saying he still expects to have control at the line. Both are right and the big dummies of the world went chicken little
smoke and fire and such

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smoke and fire and such
That isn’t smoke and fire. That is idiots like Mike Florio’s hack ass trying to conjure up drama about the Packers...again

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t smoke and fire. That is idiots like Mike Florio’s hack ass trying to conjure up drama about the Packers...again
dude it was on sportscenter.......

its not just florio

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of Rodgers haters here on SportsHoopla.