• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers after the game, "We were the better team today"

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything he says?

I do not watch press conferences......They are so full of bullshit its unreal
excuse sir:
"What do you think of your team"

what the hell do you think they are gonna say...Anything negative about them?

What I wanna hear is what they say behind closed doors...........That we as fans can`t see or hear.

But getting back:

I never once said that I do not disagree with what he says..

I just posted about his arrogance and cocky ways....

Sorry that his signature championship belt and hopping around like he just won the SB after his tds moves rub me the wrong way.....but hey its true,they do.

Did you not read the rest of my post? I basically said I am biased towards him too because I like him. We are all biased towards the ones we like or don't like and as a result will put blinders on at the appropriate time. Rodgers little championship belt move he does doesn't bother me at all....because I like him. If Cutler did it it would piss me off. It bothers you when Rodgers does it but if your team did it it wouldn't. Make sense? We are all biased.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was years ago. And that year counted for 4 of his 6 playoff wins. That means the rest of his entire career he is 2 wins and 5 losses in the playoffs. Less than stellar. I'll take him every day of the week over Cutler. But stats don't lie. 6 wins and 5 losses is not great. Especially for a team that has high hopes every year.

You would?
Are you serious?
no way!!

don`t blame Rodgers for your failures...........
Its a team game.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB wasn't the better team yesterday or they'd have sprayed green and yellow confetti all over Centurykink field instead of green and blue. Wilson had a horrid 3 quarters but it's not like Rodgers played any better. So there's that.

Also, I think Sherman scares the shit out of Rodgers. He admitted not throwing towards him at all in the first game. Then he decides to give it a whirl yesterday and gets picked off on his very first try towards Sherman. Then he ignores Sherman again for the remainder of the game despite the fact that Sherman only had one arm for the last 20 minutes. Sherman is in the MVP's head that's for sure.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would?
Are you serious?
no way!!

don`t blame Rodgers for your failures...........
Its a team game.

Now I'm just confused. The Packers have struggled in playoff games (aside from their Superbowl year) and Rodgers has struggled at times as well. That's the truth. I'm done with this. Can't say it any other way that hasn't already been said.

Moving on.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you're right. 5 turnovers and only one TD to show for it. Either the Packer's offense was struggling, or the Seahawk's defense was just that good, or maybe a little of both.

Bit of both i think, The D is really really good, but the offense gave it to gb time and time again. I think the packers played offense scared. They tried sherman once, then didn't look his way, even though he was playing with one arm.

Kicking field goals on the 1 and 2 yard line.......

But your right aaron, the best team didn't win??? lol

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you're right. 5 turnovers and only one TD to show for it. Either the Packer's offense was struggling, or the Seahawk's defense was just that good, or maybe a little of both.

I agree,but with all fairness,i`ll never understand going for a fg either on 4th and inches from the goal line.
What was the worse that could happen?
Seattle take over at the one?

I`m guessing the coach had nothing to do with that,it was the offenses fault?

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB wasn't the better team yesterday or they'd have sprayed green and yellow confetti all over Centurykink field instead of green and blue. Wilson had a horrid 3 quarters but it's not like Rodgers played any better. So there's that.

Also, I think Sherman scares the shit out of Rodgers. He admitted not throwing towards him at all in the first game. Then he decides to give it a whirl yesterday and gets picked off on his very first try towards Sherman. Then he ignores Sherman again for the remainder of the game despite the fact that Sherman only had one arm for the last 20 minutes. Sherman is in the MVP's head that's for sure.

I disagree. They are all professionals. I don't think anyone, Sherman included scares the anything out of Rodgers. Yesterday was just a shitty game period. I can't explain it any other way.

Louie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both. Seattle has a great defense. No one will deny that. The Packers have struggled all year in the red zone. Frustrating to say the least. I was watching the game at home alone and I was nervous as hell at the start of the 3rd quarter. Who gets nervous when up 16-0? I do. Because I knew missing opportunity after opportunity to put more points on the board would come back to bite us.
Yeah I agree, the Pack should have been up 23 or 30-0 at halftime.

Louie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree,but with all fairness,i`ll never understand going for a fg either on 4th and inches from the goal line.

IMO the Coach has "everything" to do with the choice to go for the FG, instead of the TD. Let's face it, Pete outcoached Mike.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The conditions and his leg had a lot to do with that as well though. You can't heave it deep in that swirling wind because it will hang up there and he was having a hard time stepping into throws to begin with.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is one of those things where because of the outcome of the game this decision is questioned whereas if the outcome was different it would never be questioned.

If the Packers win nobody questions the FG. But the Packers lose so everyone questions it. What happens if the Packers skip on the 3 points, opt to go for it, miss and Seattle takes the ball all the way down and scores? That's a turn around of 10 points. Now let's say the Packers lose within that margin, everyone would be saying "they should have just gotten the 3 points at least".

That is a lose lose when you lose the game. Everyone questions that decision. I have no problem with him taking those 3 points right there.

Louie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bit of both i think, The D is really really good, but the offense gave it to gb time and time again. I think the packers played offense scared. They tried sherman once, then didn't look his way, even though he was playing with one arm.

Kicking field goals on the 1 and 2 yard line.......

But your right aaron, the best team didn't win??? lol
The botton line is that Pete outcoached Mike.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People talk about not going it on 4th as being a dumb decision but that was QB sneak time and I don't blame them for taking points early in the game when that was out of the equation for obvious reasons. Even if Rodgers didn't get hit he could have been lost for the game by trying to push it in and they got stuffed on 3rd both times. Yeah, you might get 7, but do you really want to risk losing the most important guy on your team that early?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things:

Packers didn't deserve to win: Everyone saying the Packers deserved to win yesterday is retarded. The Packers played well albeit got many gifts (5 turnovers) but they didn't play well the entire game. A team that doesn't capitalize on 5 turnovers in a Championship game when everything is on the line does not deserve to win. A team that allows a 3rd and 20, an onside kick recovery, a 2 point conversion, a 12 point lead erased in 45 seconds does NOT DESERVE TO WIN.

Seattle did not deserve to win: A team that turns the ball over 5 times does not deserve to win. A team that plays very poorly for almost 55 minutes does not deserve to win.

You have two teams so of course one of them has to win but that doesn't mean either team deserves to win. I think the better team overall yesterday was Green Bay but it didn't work out. I think all the stars aligned in one of those fluke-fest type games. I do think luck was involved. But that's how it goes sometimes.

I saw a poster say that the onside kick recovery wasn't luck, it was a guy not doing his job. Yea...luck. I don't know percentages but onside kicks are recovered maybe 20% of the time? 15%? Less? So the chances of you getting it are very rare. When you do, maybe there is a bit of luck involved. And when you are down 12 points with 4 minutes left and throw up a prayer 2 point conversion and somehow complete it, get an onside kick recovery and all the stars align then yes it is luck.

But who the hell cares. Bottom line. Seattle won. Green Bay lost. Game over for the Packers. Seattle goes to the Super Bowl again on a weird game.

On a side note: I have no problems with Russell Wilson. He seems like a stand up guy. He seems like a "wholesome" guy. I do have a problem with a lot of the Seahawks fans saying he is a god. Wilson is what seems like a slightly above average QB who just happens to play on a team with an amazing defense, a killer instinct and a great head coach. If you put Wilson on the Cleveland Browns he isn't successful at all. Of course that is a moot point because he doesn't play on Cleveland he plays on Seattle but it gets a bit tiresome to see Seahawks fans try backing up their argument that he is "elite" by saying that he is the youngest QB to go to two Super Bowls.

Football is a team sport not an individual sport. It's because of his team, not necessarily him. He fits into their scheme well but to call Wilson elite or one of the top QBs in the game is absurd, plain and simple. But in the end, who the hell cares. If he works out for you guys in your scheme and you keep going to the Super Bowl then all the more power to you.

That is a pretty solid post, but yes, Seattle did deserve to win.
How many teams would have folded at the 5 minute mark remaining in the game after just throwing ANOTHER INT being down 19-7?
To say the on side kick was luck because 10 or 20% of them are successful might be right. How much luck is involved in taking 1st possession at your 13 yardline in OT and driving 87 yards for the nail in the coffin TD? I bet those similar opportunities end up with a 10 or 20% chance of success as well.
Teams improve their chance at good luck with lots of preparation. They tend to create their own luck.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams would have folded at the 5 minute mark remaining in the game after just throwing ANOTHER INT being down 19-7?
To say the on side kick was luck because 10 or 20% of them are successful might be right. How much luck is involved in taking 1st possession at your 13 yardline in OT and driving 87 yards for the nail in the coffin TD? I bet those similar opportunities end up with a 10 or 20% chance of success as well.
Teams improve their chance at good luck with lots of preparation. They tend to create their own luck.

To me, a team that turns the ball over 5 teams in a Championship game no less does not deserve to win. We obviously have differing opinions. You feel that since Seattle overcame these trials and tribulations in the last 5 minutes that they deserved it. I feel like both teams played shitty yesterday and neither of them deserved to win.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best way to win in OT is not give the other team a chance to touch the ball. Wilson did that twice this year against two of the best QB's in football, Rodgers and Manning. To say Russell doesn't come up big in big moments is crazy. The guy is clutch as can be when it counts.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, a team that turns the ball over 5 teams in a Championship game no less does not deserve to win. We obviously have differing opinions. You feel that since Seattle overcame these trials and tribulations in the last 5 minutes that they deserved it. I feel like both teams played shitty yesterday and neither of them deserved to win.

They did turn it over 5 times, but they also caused two turnovers so they were only a -3 on turnover differential. Still bad, but not as hard to comeback from as -5.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why the Pack didn't go after Sherman after his obvious injury.

I do. I think Sherman is in Rodgers head. I think its hard to say otherwise considering the last two games they've played each other.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did turn it over 5 times, but they also caused two turnovers so they were only a -3 on turnover differential. Still bad, but not as hard to comeback from as -5.

Seattle's D came up big after those TO's. Holding GB to those FG's was huge in the end.