• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers after the game, "We were the better team today"

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think most fans would call Wilson an elite or top 5 QB in the NFL, but what fans will say is, Wilson is a "winner".

I can agree with you there. No matter how he gets it done, no matter how bad he plays, his team finds a way to win. And since he is at the most important position a lot of that glory is all his. But I have seen quite a few Seahawks fans say that Wilson is elite and a top 5 QB. So that I do not agree with.

QB position is like this. It is the most important position on the field. When your team wins you get a whole lot of the glory. When your team loses you get a lot of blame. It just so happens that Wilson is on the Seahawks at the right time when they aren't losing very many games at all so he is getting lots of the glory. What happens if the Seahawks start going 8-8 for the next few years? Wilson will get lots of the blame and people saying he is elite will recant those statements. That's all I'm saying. He is a winner yes but not one of the best.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how "classy" he would have been if they lost?

I truly understand the pain GB fans have after viewing a game like we had, but you are better than that.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's wrong...............

Many Packers fans will agree here. The Packers as a whole seem to struggle in very important games. Look at Rodgers playoff record: 6 wins 5 losses. Very mediocre. Nothing special whatsoever. He does great in the regular season. His team does too. In the playoffs they struggle.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, perfect example then. You just admitted you hate Rodgers. So of course no matter what he says you aren't going to like it. How is this hard to understand? Take your favorite QB, whoever that may be, if they say the same comments you have absolutely zero problems with it. But since you hate Rodgers you are biased and HE says it and you have every problem with it. Not rocket science.

You just got blinders on and no matter what Aaron says or does,he does no wrong......

Right?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat wise Wilson is 15th in passing yards, 16th in passing TDs, and 6th in sacks given up.

Middle of the road when it comes to stats but those don't take into account plays made and games won.

He does not make the elite QB list though.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly understand the pain GB fans have after viewing a game like we had, but you are better than that.

He might not be far off base. I'm not saying Wilson wouldn't still be gracious in defeat. Since the Seahawks didn't lose yesterday we have no idea. But it is easy to see sometimes. Players are so caught up in the moment of winning a close game like that they feel so gracious they start saying "the other team played great, they are true warriors, etc....." but when that same team loses a close game they are upset and pissed and walk off the field without saying anything.

You can see it here on the boards. After a close hard fought game you will see fans of the winning team come onto the losing team board and say "hey great game guys! It was close!" but those same fans when they lose that close game are nowhere to be found.

His point was this: when you win you are so full of happy emotions you have no problem congratulating another team. When you lose it is a different story. That holds true for lots of players. Who knows how Wilson would have reacted. I honestly don't care. What's done is done.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just got blinders on and no matter what Aaron says or does,he does no wrong......

Right?

You didn't deny my whole argument so I'm guessing you can see the truth to it. I'll tell you this, it works both ways man. You hate Rodgers so you are negatively biased towards him. Everything he says is wrong to you. I can understand that.

Check this out: I love Rodgers. So I am positively biased towards him. Everything he says (for the most part) is right to me. See? I'm not hating on you. I'm recognizing it goes both ways. You and I are both biased in our own ways.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by what I say. I have no issues with Wilson. I'm not a Wilson hater. But I am a realist. He is not a top 5 QB like many Seahawks fans claim. He is very lucky to be on a great team at the right time. Does he make some great plays? Sure. Is he a threat scrambling? Sure. But is he elite like lots of posters are saying? Far from it.

Gotcha... well I'll take the guy that wins over the guy that puts up a 'nice season' with great receivers. That's just me though! :suds:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,,,actually your Defense deserved better from you and the offense. 5 turnovers and living in Seattles territory and you only put up 20 pts. Maybe if you were better your team would of won....

but atleast you have time now to patent a new TD celebration.

clown

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many Packers fans will agree here. The Packers as a whole seem to struggle in very important games. Look at Rodgers playoff record: 6 wins 5 losses. Very mediocre. Nothing special whatsoever. He does great in the regular season. His team does too. In the playoffs they struggle.

A SB win is not struggling..........He has played great,not in all games,but don`t make him out to be Cutler in the playoffs......

Louie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat wise Wilson is 15th in passing yards, 16th in passing TDs, and 6th in sacks given up.

Middle of the road when it comes to stats but those don't take into account plays made and games won.

He does not make the elite QB list though.
This is true. Wilson is not a top 5 QB in the NFL, but he is a "winner".

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that Rodgers should have been a little more tactful, but in his defense, he looked like in complete shock and uncomfortably numb

The game is 60 minutes long and not 45 minutes long. Rodgers should realize this.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he has a great D, but he's got zero to work with offensively outside of Lynch.

Luke Willson (TE) wouldn't even make the Pats team period.
Doug Baldwin is a DECENT slot receiver and is probably the #4 in Green Bays system.
Jermaine Kearse might as well play for the Packers cause he was battin up balls for INTs.

I love how you try and put everything in context yet fail to put your own post in context.

Spoken for the truth... Look at RW's receiving core....

#1 - Jevon Kearse - probably wouldn't make it on a lot of teams roster's, if he did, he would probably be a #5 or #6 on the team, yet he's RW's #1 WR

#2 - Doug Baldwin - probably would be a #3-#6 on a lot of teams in the league yet, he's RW's #2...

#3 - Paul Richardson - A rookie that ended up getting injured... Took quite a few games to learn the system... The only one on the roster with some upside...

#4 - Kevin Norwood - A rookie who didn't play much... Hasn't been effective all season... Learning curve has been very slow... May not be in the team in the near future - if he is, he will probably need to play ST's... 4th round pick...

#5 - Ricardo Lockette - He is only on the team due to his ST's... Has had to play WR this year due to the depleted staff we have and the slow learning curve from our two rookies

#6 - Chris Matthews - New to the team, he played in Canada... ST's is what he plays... He's the one that recovered the onside kick yesterday...

TE - Luke Willson - A 5th round draft pick out of Rutgers in his 2nd season... He's a solid TE...

Overall, the receiving core we have here is pedestrian... They have the correct label on them... Richardson has the potential to move up but now his acl injury is to the knee that took him out in college so who knows... Tough to be a prolific passing offense with these receivers at your disposal... And people also forget, this is RW's 3rd season as a pro so it's not like he's s seasoned vet...

Last edited by a moderator:

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A SB win is not struggling..........He has played great,not in all games,but don`t make him out to be Cutler in the playoffs......

That was years ago. And that year counted for 4 of his 6 playoff wins. That means the rest of his entire career he is 2 wins and 5 losses in the playoffs. Less than stellar. I'll take him every day of the week over Cutler. But stats don't lie. 6 wins and 5 losses is not great. Especially for a team that has high hopes every year.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. Wilson is not a top 5 QB in the NFL, but he is a "winner".

He limits mental errors and has great poise. He may not be the most talented QB but he is very efficient.

Louie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,,,actually your Defense deserved better from you and the offense. 5 turnovers and living in Seattles territory and you only put up 20 pts. Maybe if you were better your team would of won....

but atleast you have time now to patent a new TD celebration.

clown
Yep, you're right. 5 turnovers and only one TD to show for it. Either the Packer's offense was struggling, or the Seahawk's defense was just that good, or maybe a little of both.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't deny my whole argument so I'm guessing you can see the truth to it. I'll tell you this, it works both ways man. You hate Rodgers so you are negatively biased towards him. Everything he says is wrong to you. I can understand that.

Check this out: I love Rodgers. So I am positively biased towards him. Everything he says (for the most part) is right to me. See? I'm not hating on you. I'm recognizing it goes both ways. You and I are both biased in our own ways.

everything he says?

I do not watch press conferences......They are so full of bullshit its unreal
excuse sir:
"What do you think of your team"

what the hell do you think they are gonna say...Anything negative about them?

What I wanna hear is what they say behind closed doors...........That we as fans can`t see or hear.

But getting back:

I never once said that I do not disagree with what he says..

I just posted about his arrogance and cocky ways....

Sorry that his signature championship belt and hopping around like he just won the SB after his tds moves rub me the wrong way.....but hey its true,they do.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you're right. 5 turnovers and only one TD to show for it. Either the Packer's offense was struggling, or the Seahawk's defense was just that good, or maybe a little of both.

Both. Seattle has a great defense. No one will deny that. The Packers have struggled all year in the red zone. Frustrating to say the least. I was watching the game at home alone and I was nervous as hell at the start of the 3rd quarter. Who gets nervous when up 16-0? I do. Because I knew missing opportunity after opportunity to put more points on the board would come back to bite us.