• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your opinion "BEST GAME OF THE 2023 SEASON"

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be even more formiddable this year.
Agreed @flyerhawk . The Giants actually have a decent defense but their offense will likely still be shaky. Even with drafting Nabors, the WR group is weak and Jones just isn't very good. The kid they drafted at RB looks like he has some burst but he won't replace what Barkley did in real games, imo. I also won't be surprised if Devito beats out Drew Lock for the #2 job.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed @flyerhawk . The Giants actually have a decent defense but their offense will likely still be shaky. Even with drafting Nabors, the WR group is weak and Jones just isn't very good. The kid they drafted at RB looks like he has some burst but he won't replace what Barkley did in real games, imo. I also won't be surprised if Devito beats out Drew Lock for the #2 job.
The offense is going to struggle. Jones is not bad but can't stay healthy.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense is going to struggle. Jones is not bad but can't stay healthy.
I don't know. I guess you can say not bad but not good either. Can make plays with his legs at times but just not good between the ears and a very inconsistent passer. Will throw a dime one play and then a horrible pick the next staring his guy down. Daboll calling the plays might help a little but you can just see how frustrated he gets by Jones at times.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I guess you can say not bad but not good either. Can make plays with his legs at times but just not good between the ears and a very inconsistent passer. Will throw a dime one play and then a horrible pick the next staring his guy down. Daboll calling the plays might help a little but you can just see how frustrated he gets by Jones at times.

He's definitely not a top 5 QB by any stretch. But he's also had one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL for his entire career and a mediocre offensive line.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely not a top 5 QB by any stretch. But he's also had one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL for his entire career and a mediocre offensive line.
Yeah true. I don't see that changing a whole lot tho. The Giants have had poor to mediocre O-line play for about 25 years, it seems and despite drafting Nabors, not much difference in the WR group overall unless Robinson takes a huge leap. Him and Slayton look pretty average to me. And Jones isn't a guy that makes WRs look better than they are. Not saying D.J. is awful here but he is below average, imo. And just not good enough to overcome what the Giants put out there. He can do some things vs garbage defenses but they don't have a ton of talent on that side of the ball, imo.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah true. I don't see that changing a whole lot tho. The Giants have had poor to mediocre O-line play for about 25 years, it seems and despite drafting Nabors, not much difference in the WR group overall unless Robinson takes a huge leap. Him and Slayton look pretty average to me. And Jones isn't a guy that makes WRs look better than they are. Not saying D.J. is awful here but he is below average, imo. And just not good enough to overcome what the Giants put out there. He can do some things vs garbage defenses but they don't have a ton of talent on that side of the ball, imo.

Pretty much agree.

IMO, there are 3 types of QBs in the league. The elite QBs(Mahomes, Jackson, Burrow,Allen), the bad QBs(the guys who can't play NFL QB, and everyone else.

The everyone else guys are the guys that can't really elevate their team but can win if they have the right teammates and coaches. We can argue about which of them is better than the other but it really doesn't matter because their performance is largely driven by the team around them.

DJ is that everyone else category. Put him on the Lions and he looks like a Pro Bowl QB that could make a run in the playoffs. Put Jared Goff on the Giants and people are questioning whether he is an NFL caliber QB.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a little far fetched to say Drew didn't miss a beat, don't ya think. Don't get me wrong here. He made two fantastic throws down the sideline to win the game and a handful of good passes on other drives but he also was missing throws badly all night long and before the big ones, he got lucky on a great catch by DK on third down and very nearly threw a pick 6 in that drive on a horrendous throw. I'm not really bashing Drew here either. But I'm not going to pretend one GW drive means he was lighting it up the whole second half.

What i mean is when they started to open it up a little in the late 2nd half he played well. He did not cost them the game and was solid. The moment wasn't to big for him and he looked comfortable out there and played well. This man was sitting on the Bench all year. In his two starts he completed 44 of 64 ( 68.8% completions ) for a average of 238.5 yards per game and a rating over 90 in both those games. He has a nice arm also and you could see how much better he was playing with the time to sit that he had. It really helped Lock a lot and you could see the growth. There was NO DOUBT he was a better QB than he was before. If he takes another step this year he takes over the Giants starting possition if he doesnt out right win it.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i mean is when they started to open it up a little in the late 2nd half he played well. He did not cost them the game and was solid. The moment wasn't to big for him and he looked comfortable out there and played well. This man was sitting on the Bench all year. In his two starts he completed 44 of 64 ( 68.8% completions ) for a average of 238.5 yards per game and a rating over 90 in both those games. He has a nice arm also and you could see how much better he was playing with the time to sit that he had. It really helped Lock a lot and you could see the growth. There was NO DOUBT he was a better QB than he was before. If he takes another step this year he takes over the Giants starting possition if he doesnt out right win it.
Meh, by the looks of things, the Giants aren't a good spot for him. He might be third on their depth chart by the time the season starts. No way he starts over Jones given that they are paying DJ 40 mil. Like I said, not bashing Drew here. I like the kid and his attitude and work ethic but to think that one drive means a lot is a stretch. As I said, that drive could easily have went the other way with the bad throws he made. I give him credit for overcoming those throws and making two great throws but I'm not going to pretend he's a bonafide NFL starter based on just that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, by the looks of things, the Giants aren't a good spot for him. He might be third on their depth chart by the time the season starts. No way he starts over Jones given that they are paying DJ 40 mil. Like I said, not bashing Drew here. I like the kid and his attitude and work ethic but to think that one drive means a lot is a stretch. As I said, that drive could easily have went the other way with the bad throws he made. I give him credit for overcoming those throws and making two great throws but I'm not going to pretend he's a bonafide NFL starter based on just that.

Look at his production in the two games he started and against WHO. Its not "One Drive". He was successfu. 68.8% completions, averaged 238.5 yards per game and a rating over 90 in both those games. Thats not just "One completion". Like i said "IF" he takes another step who COULD ( Not would ) take the spot. Also it would benefit the Hawks if he does well lol.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at his production in the two games he started and against WHO. Its not "One Drive". He was successfu. 68.8% completions, averaged 238.5 yards per game and a rating over 90 in both those games. Thats not just "One completion". Like i said "IF" he takes another step who COULD ( Not would ) take the spot. Also it would benefit the Hawks if he does well lol.

We were never in the game against the Niners really. The Eagles were on a historically tailspin. He played fine but clearly the team didn't see much upside in him.

I can see Lock bopping around the league for 5-8 more years but I doubt he will ever take that next steps. He'll be 28 soon.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were never in the game against the Niners really. The Eagles were on a historically tailspin. He played fine but clearly the team didn't see much upside in him.

I can see Lock bopping around the league for 5-8 more years but I doubt he will ever take that next steps. He'll be 28 soon.

We had the lead in the 49ers game then it fell apart. But it's the 49ers who we have not beat for some time. It was 10 - 7 Seattle after the first. Lock under threw to Lockett and then late needing a comeback threw to DK needing him to make a play. Both those passes were picked off.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had the lead in the 49ers game then it fell apart. But it's the 49ers who we have not beat for some time. It was 10 - 7 Seattle after the first. Lock under threw to Lockett and then late needing a comeback threw to DK needing him to make a play. Both those passes were picked off.

I think we split easily with the Niners this year. Mac had the 9ers and he's got a FAR more talented defense than Balti had. Sure he doesn't have Lamar, but Balti doesn't have any of the weapons Seattle does.

I think there's a decent chance Seattle steals both games from the 9ers this year. And Cross is going to own Bosa.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the optimism, I'm a bit skeptical of the optimism,but nice to see none the less.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we split easily with the Niners this year. Mac had the 9ers and he's got a FAR more talented defense than Balti had. Sure he doesn't have Lamar, but Balti doesn't have any of the weapons Seattle does.

I think there's a decent chance Seattle steals both games from the 9ers this year. And Cross is going to own Bosa.

Is this unbelievable optimism or Arrogance? It's going to be tough to split and even tougher to sweep. Watch out for the Karma curse Shark, and do not bring it to the Seahawks Do you know what karmic debt is? Showing such boldness to state you think the Hawks have a shot at sweeping the 49ers when they have not beat them since 2021 and have lost 5 in a row against them is bad form and bad luck.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this unbelievable optimism or Arrogance? It's going to be tough to split and even tougher to sweep. Watch out for the Karma curse Shark, and do not bring it to the Seahawks Do you know what karmic debt is? Showing such boldness to state you think the Hawks have a shot at sweeping the 49ers when they have not beat them since 2021 and have lost 5 in a row against them is bad form and bad luck.
giphy.gif

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I would be happy with home and away splits with all the teams in our division, which I think is always possible. I'm not even counting on a sweep of the Cards. They always give us a battle. If we do manage to go 4-2 in division, I'll be ecstatic. The Rams better damn well hope Stafford stays healthy all year. They are fucked if Stetson Bennett has to play meaningful games, imo.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I would be happy with home and away splits with all the teams in our division, which I think is always possible. I'm not even counting on a sweep of the Cards. They always give us a battle. If we do manage to go 4-2 in division, I'll be ecstatic. The Rams better damn well hope Stafford stays healthy all year. They are fucked if Stetson Bennett has to play meaningful games, imo.
Last year, there were 62 different quarterbacks that started a game last year... That's 2 per team... That's crazy... Hope this bug doesn't hit the Seahawks... *Knock-on-wood*