• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aaron Rodgers after the game, "We were the better team today"

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,229.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 pages ? Well I didn't read them. What's the big deal ? He's right. The Pack was the better team yesterday. The Hawks got lucky. A jump ball misplayed into a 2 point conversion ? An onside kick that bounces off a Pack helmet after going through one of their "hands team" guys hands ? Winning the coin toss ? He probably shouldn't have said it, but he was right... and I don't like Mr Discount Double-Check and I'm very happy his team will be sitting out the SB, fwiw.

Watch what you say.....dantheman will be all over your ass for that.......lmao

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. I think Sherman is in Rodgers head. I think its hard to say otherwise considering the last two games they've played each other.

After these last 2 meetings, you have me wondering if that's the case. I can't wait to see these teams play each other next year. If we see the same thing a 3rd time in a row, then yeah, I'm thinking Rodgers is spooked. I mean, it's not like nobody ever goes after Sherman. It's not like good QBs in the history of football haven't gone after good cornerbacks, and it certainly isn't like those QBs haven't had success against HoF caliber CBs.

Crazy. Most seem to agree he's the best QB in the game, but this game didn't exactly do his legacy any favors.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't fault the Seahawks for taking advantage of their OT coin toss win. But I think that rule needs to be changed. Regardless of a TD the other team should have one chance to come back and tie the game. I think that rule is so dumb. You are putting so much on whoever gets lucky enough to win the coin toss because if they happen to score a TD then game over.

In the playoffs where there will be a winner...this has merit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I give them a great deal of credit for playing better in the first half, but why is it that the Seahawks don't get credit for playing better in the second half? People keep saying that it was luck and gift wrapped, but Seattle executed. If it was Packer fuck ups that let the Seahawks win, why can't it be Seahawk fuck ups that gave the Packers the lead?

Right on both accounts...the difference imo was simply timing...if you fuck up in the 1Q or 1st half you have time to recover.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the playoffs where there will be a winner...this has merit.

I agree. Both teams should have at least 1 offensive opportunity.... and I know the defense should just stop them. I've heard all of the arguments so everyone can just save them. This is just my take on OT.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Packers mistakes are Seahawks luck while everything that went wrong for the Seahawks was forced by the Packers. It's a crock of shit. Baldwin coughing up a kick return deep in Seattle territory was just as big of a bone-head play as the onside kick. The difference was that Seattle turned it into 8 while the Packers only got 3. The Seahawks won because they were the team that was able to keep it together for 60+ minutes when the Packers obviously weren't. I don't have many problems with Rodgers but he's always struck me as pompous and smug. He should look at his own play first when talking about who played better or worse.

The Seahawks get complete credit for never giving up and taking full advantage of the opportunities given to them by a gagging Packers. They still had to score the TDs and extra points and all.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the reports that I read and interviews I saw with Rodgers, I have yet to hear him say that the the Packers were the better team.

Link please??

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the reports that I read and interviews I saw with Rodgers, I have yet to hear him say that the the Packers were the better team.

Link please??

The Green Bay Packers will never get over their Seattle collapse | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports

Listen to the presser. And it's a crock. The Seahawks had a ton of plays that they wished they could have back themselves. Baldwin was trying to be a hero returning kicks and the field position was awful. Wilson was trying to force balls where they had no business going and it cost them. Kearse tips a ball that ends up in an INT. And with all of this they were still able to gut it out and try to play an entire game. On his part, he put up a 50 passer rating with 2 picks.

Packers lost fair and square and when you look at the entire 60+ minutes the better team won. And if the Seahawks have proven anything this season, it's that you have to play them the entire game or they're going to make you pay at the end.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go watch the game film of the 2008 Super Bowl.

And btw..Packers can blame the fact they settled for 3 instead of 7 all game.

Either or both of those 2 early FGs from the 1 foot line should have been gone for.

Never up, never in.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either or both of those 2 early FGs from the 1 foot line should have been gone for.

Never up, never in.

You'd think they'd go for the TD in a game of this magnitude.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when you look at the entire 60+ minutes the better team won.

This.

Also, it's not like this was some fluke, and that's the only reason they won. The #1 seed, defending Super Bowl champs, got the job done at home. Accept that shit Rodgers and show them the respect they deserve. In the 2014 season, Seahawks 2 Packers 0. You ain't gotta like it, but there's nothing subjective about that fact.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People talk about not going it on 4th as being a dumb decision but that was QB sneak time and I don't blame them for taking points early in the game when that was out of the equation for obvious reasons. Even if Rodgers didn't get hit he could have been lost for the game by trying to push it in and they got stuffed on 3rd both times. Yeah, you might get 7, but do you really want to risk losing the most important guy on your team that early?

The worst that happens is you put an overwhelmed Wilson on his own half yard line. You are likely to kick a FG after that anyway. McCarthy doesn't understand the rhythm of a game. You go for it from the one yard line because even if you fail you are likely to get the ball back in position to kick a FG anyway. 40 yard FGs are more valuable than 20 yard FGs on a cost-benefit basis.

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did you start watching football...This year?

The rule was changed here not too long ago.(but according to you it would be years ago).
It used to be if you kicked a fg the game was over.Not anymore.

This rule goes for both teams.Too bad,so sad.

Rodgers winning the SB was years ago..Yeah right.

You don't even make sense to me anymore. Ignored.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think they'd go for the TD in a game of this magnitude.

A while back I made the statement that beating Seattle is easy if you score when you get the chance.

I stand by that statement. GB gets TDs there early, the game is most likely over.

Instead they get 2 big drives and only 6 points.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's probably what, 1 of 2 guys that can get away with that while everyone will just nod their heads? I need to hear more about how this guy doesn't have an ego and you just have to love him.

Someone actually said that Rodgers doesn't have an ego? That's absurd! Seattle made a lot of mistakes that led to then having the big lead that they couldn't keep once the Seahawks stopped making so many mistakes.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A while back I made the statement that beating Seattle is easy if you score when you get the chance.

I stand by that statement. GB gets TDs there early, the game is most likely over.

Instead they get 2 big drives and only 6 points.

Well I don't want to nit pick but isn't easy to beat any team if you score when you get the chance? Problem is that the Seahawks for 3 years in row now have been the best team at taking away that chance. You need to acknowledge that fact.