• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A week to go before the trading deadline

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So basically they are renting Robert Quinn for this season for almost nothing but had to sacrifice a fourth round pick to do it.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping the Eagles can acquire some pass rush, namely Burns from the Panthers.

Eagles acquired EDGE Robert Quinn from the Bears in exchange for a fourth-round pick.​

The Eagles are 6-0 and have their sights set on a Super Bowl. With Derek Barnett (knee) lost for the season in Week 1, Quinn gives the Eagles more juice off the edge, alongside guys like Haason Reddick, Brandon Graham, and Josh Sweat. Quinn, 32, has 102 career sacks and had been on the trade block dating back to the offseason. Going to Philly puts him in a spot to contribute in a playoff run.

Well your wish has come true.
Having enough people on that defense where they cant just single out Quinn.
Plan on getting even more sacks the rest of the year.
As a Cowboy fan. This kinda sucks
Image result for grumpy gif

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles acquired EDGE Robert Quinn from the Bears in exchange for a fourth-round pick.​

The Eagles are 6-0 and have their sights set on a Super Bowl. With Derek Barnett (knee) lost for the season in Week 1, Quinn gives the Eagles more juice off the edge, alongside guys like Haason Reddick, Brandon Graham, and Josh Sweat. Quinn, 32, has 102 career sacks and had been on the trade block dating back to the offseason. Going to Philly puts him in a spot to contribute in a playoff run.

Well your wish has come true.
Having enough people on that defense where they cant just single out Quinn.
Plan on getting even more sacks the rest of the year.
As a Cowboy fan. This kinda sucks
Image result for grumpy gif
I am definitely pleased. He doesn’t have to be All Pro. He just has to be a viable choice in their rotation so he can help spread the snaps around so that everybody is playing with their hair on fire each snap and not sucking wind.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely pleased. He doesn’t have to be All Pro. He just has to be a viable choice in their rotation so he can help spread the snaps around so that everybody is playing with their hair on fire each snap and not sucking wind.
He's definitely not playing up to last season's level, but he did have his best game so far this year just the other night. So you're at least getting him on the upswing. I think it's a really good move for the Eagles, but as a Bears fan, I'm also happy from our team's perspective. We get a 4th rounder (altho the way the Eagles are playing, it's tantamount to an early 5th round), but more importantly it's adding a lot more cap space to a team that already has the most space in the league for '23. From that standpoint, the rich just got richer.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely not playing up to last season's level, but he did have his best game so far this year just the other night. So you're at least getting him on the upswing. I think it's a really good move for the Eagles, but as a Bears fan, I'm also happy from our team's perspective. We get a 4th rounder (altho the way the Eagles are playing, it's tantamount to an early 5th round), but more importantly it's adding a lot more cap space to a team that already has the most space in the league for '23. From that standpoint, the rich just got richer.
What’s up with Fields? Why does he suck? I thought he had a chance to be the best QB in that draft. Is it his failings or the staff around him whose job it is to develop him?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could definitely see Philly adding a running back.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Howie is a poor drafter and a poor cap guy, but I have said for years he is the best in the league at trades and he's been doing it for a long time, not just this year as you listed

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if only he knew how to hit on the draft picks he gets, he would be special. He seems to be doing a little better in recent years, other than whiffing on Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson which was obviously an enormous whiff. He's starting to take more guys from schools like Bama and Georgia who are lower risk.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if only he knew how to hit on the draft picks he gets, he would be special. He seems to be doing a little better in recent years, other than whiffing on Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson which was obviously an enormous whiff. He's starting to take more guys from schools like Bama and Georgia who are lower risk.
I think Jordan Davis was a great pick

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Howie is a poor drafter and a poor cap guy, but I have said for years he is the best in the league at trades and he's been doing it for a long time, not just this year as you listed
Howie is an enigma as a drafter. It seems like the key variable is the position he’s drafting. He generally kills it on the OL and DT. He has poor results at CB and WR though. Rumors around here say that Lurie has meddled in some draft decisions so it’s not clear if some of these misses are Howie or Lurie getting involved. Either way, that’s on Howie for getting run by his boss.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Jordan Davis looks like a great pick--a giant, athletic interior DL who isn't fat and who will likely be a force for the next decade. The interior DL position is so deep that Davis is still a rotational player, but his role is growing.

The Devonta Smith and Landon Dickerson picks the year before also look very good, as both are turning into very good starters at WR and OL.

Takes some of the sting off of taking Jalen Reagor and JJ Arcega Whiteside over Justin Jefferson and DK Metcalf in the prior years at WR. They finally look to have found some good receivers after drafting Smitty and trading for AJ Brown.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a difference 365 days can make.

I know i'm enjoying the excitment the last 7 weeks as shown to be

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing job by Howie to always be among the leagues highest spenders and always having room to buy more talent.

The Titans couldn't pay AJ Brown, but Howie could. It's an endless pocket of money when you are as smart with the cap as Howie Roseman.

Go Birds!