• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles Affected Multiple Draft Spots By Tanking During Week 17

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the Eagles tanking to lose the season finale of the NFL Regular Season, here's how the top 10 draft spots look:

1. Jaguars
2. Jets
3. Texans (Going to Miami)
4. Falcons
5. Bengals
6. Eagles
7. Lions
8. Panthers
9. Broncos
10. Cowboys

If the Eagles actually tried to compete in the 4th and pulled off the win, here's how the top 10 draft would look:

1. Jaguars
2. Jets
3. Texans (Going to Miami)
4. Falcons
5. Bengals
6. Lions
7. Panthers
8. Broncos
9. Eagles
10. Washington
11. Cowboys

What if, what if, blah blah blah. I know. But I think it's kinda interesting. The Lions, Panthers and Broncos would each gain a spot and the Cowboys would drop a spot outside the top 10. Yes, it's only a spot, but maybe the draft looks different for these teams? 1 spot could make a huge difference especially if the Lions, Panthers or Broncos are looking at the QB spot for the draft in the first round. Yes, Teddy has 2 more years on that contract but I don't think he's the answer. McCaffrey being injured obviously didn't help, but Teddy doesn't make good decisions MOST of the time and that's not conducive for playing winning football.

Interesting also is that Washington could've had a top 10 pick, maybe taken a decent QB prospect to learn behind Alex Smith, BUT I'm sure they are fine with winning the division and playing at least 1 more game next week.

Not a huge thing, but I thought that it was pretty interesting how things could've changed had the Eagles not tanked and gave Washington the division title. It's pretty obvious why Nate Sudfeld was put into the game when he was. If you're the Eagles, would you rather pick 6th or 9th? Hmmmm. Shitty thing to do and it might change/affect the internal workings of the Eagles, but maybe the best decision for the future of the ROSTER of the Eagles. IDK. What's everyone's thoughts on this from a DRAFT perspective?!

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it will matter all that much but you're right, it is interesting, Terry. I think the draft is mostly a crapshoot anyway and especially once you get past tge top 5.
One thing that is an almost certainty is that if Howie is still GM, those 3 spots won't help Eagles because he will fuck it up with a stupid pick.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure why people are upset. Hurts was getting creamed out there and it's not the first time they have said they liked Sudfeld; maybe thought a changeup could catch WFT off-guard. Pederson doesn't owe anyone here- but it is kind of funny how little faith he has in a QB he just drafted last year and started in multiple games to figure it out in the 4th.