• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A look from the Seattle fan base in Vid

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't own a jersey at all, but what the fuck is the problem with owning a 12 jersey?

You guys certainly get rubbed the wrong way because people get hyped up for their team. Any person that is passionate about their team could easily be considered obnoxious to others. Get over it already.

The typical mass-fucked up mindset here seems to be:

Rooting for the team I love = good

Rooting for any other team = bad

Rooting passionately for a good team = unforgivable! Everyone should hate all of them with every fiber of their being!!

I think it's in the last 4-5 years it's become clear that Seattle has this obsession with being the "best fan base" that ever lived IMO. The rest of America thinks the "12" is a joke but it must be something in the water up there. Passionate about your team? Awesome. Telling everyone on a daily basis about it? Weak. NFL has been around a long time and you guys are no more passionate than lion, Panther, insert team here fans.
That's why the mocking of your fan base is around these boards IMO. If it doesn't pertain to you disregard it.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the mentality here is "I can make post after post about the shortcomings of your team, but if you make more than one thread making fun of Seattle then I'm going to cry about it and say how embarrased I am to be a Hooplan".

Seattle fans are the epitome of "can't take what you dish out". For a solid week SEA fans were all over Dallas fans asses because of the Detroit game, but you slapdicks can't even make it 24 hours before you start crying about people talking bad about your team for losing the freaking superbowl.

Pull your man panties up and deal with it. If you can't, then the internet isn't for you.

chuck-norris-approves.gif

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the mentality here is "I can make post after post about the shortcomings of your team, but if you make more than one thread making fun of Seattle then I'm going to cry about it and say how embarrased I am to be a Hooplan".

Seattle fans are the epitome of "can't take what you dish out". For a solid week SEA fans were all over Dallas fans asses because of the Detroit game, but you slapdicks can't even make it 24 hours before you start crying about people talking bad about your team for losing the freaking superbowl.

Pull your man panties up and deal with it. If you can't, then the internet isn't for you.

Oh boy, throwing out the insults like usual I see. I've been on the refs for the last several years for every horrendous game-changing call they've made. I'll admit I probably posted more about that game than others, but that was just due to there being more conversation about it because it occurred during the playoffs. That, and there were a bunch of Cowboys fans pretending like the call didn't even matter.

But really, what is the deal with Cowboys fans and the Seahawks? Going back 5 or 6 years to the old ESPN boards I remember Cowboys fans having a weird fascination with Seattle. Even before this season started there was a thread here with multiple Cowboys fans saying the Seahawks were a one year wonder, that they wouldn't make the playoffs, and then running their mouths about how the Cowboys won some Super Bowls 20+ years ago. I don't get it, they all seem to have a collective hard-on for the team and in some cases for the city of Seattle in general. Does this go back to the botched Romo snap? Because it's not like either team was going to win anything that year anyway. Kind of a big grudge to hold.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But really, what is the deal with Cowboys fans and the Seahawks? Going back 5 or 6 years to the old ESPN boards I remember Cowboys fans having a weird fascination with Seattle. Even before this season started there was a thread here with multiple Cowboys fans saying the Seahawks were a one year wonder, that they wouldn't make the playoffs, and then running their mouths about how the Cowboys won some Super Bowls 20+ years ago. I don't get it, they all seem to have a collective hard-on for the team and in some cases for the city of Seattle in general. Does this go back to the botched Romo snap? Because it's not like either team was going to win anything that year anyway. Kind of a big grudge to hold.

This is crazy.....10 years on the ESPN boards and Seattle hardly registered on the Dallas board. Make um up as you go seems to be the seattle rally cry. I do recall an active seattle poster posting weekly on the cowboy board about the greatness of seattle last season. This guy posted after each playoff win and wore out his welcome, but that was last season. Now it's bull stuff like your post here, being in a better position because your first runner up, and a soon to be dynasty.

LOL....Dallas fans that have been around through the Landry days laugh at you fools talking about respect. What a load

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with the ugly stash dude to the left clapping during the entire Butler interception? It's like he wasn't even watching?

That was funny. Maybe a bandwagon fan that doesn't know what the heck he is even watching. 'Seahawks are in the Super Bowl again? OK, where's my jersey'...

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was funny. Maybe a bandwagon fan that doesn't know what the heck he is even watching. 'Seahawks are in the Super Bowl again? OK, where's my jersey'...

My guess is 22% of seahawk nation couldn't tell you who Cortez Kennedy is.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy, throwing out the insults like usual I see. I've been on the refs for the last several years for every horrendous game-changing call they've made. I'll admit I probably posted more about that game than others, but that was just due to there being more conversation about it because it occurred during the playoffs. That, and there were a bunch of Cowboys fans pretending like the call didn't even matter.

So it's a grudge now? We have a grudge because some of your fans like to run their mouths and then run away like Bruce Irvin at the first sign that it might be coming back your way?

That's a grudge now? I thought it was just tittybabies doing what they do best, but I guess it's a grudge now because you say say. :rollseyes:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is crazy.....10 years on the ESPN boards and Seattle hardly registered on the Dallas board. Make um up as you go seems to be the seattle rally cry. I do recall an active seattle poster posting weekly on the cowboy board about the greatness of seattle last season. This guy posted after each playoff win and wore out his welcome, but that was last season. Now it's bull stuff like your post here, being in a better position because your first runner up, and a soon to be dynasty.

LOL....Dallas fans that have been around through the Landry days laugh at you fools talking about respect. What a load

Exactly. I never once saw any SEA fans on ESPN and never once heard anyone of our fans talk about the hawks. They were an irrelevant team, so not sure why anyone thinks they can just rewrite facts. :noidea:

But, it's a convenient excuse for the children who can't man up admit that they want to be able to talk shit about others, but their own team is off limits.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No question that as a group they are the most sensitive bunch on the hoop. Toss in making ridiculous comments like the one I called out last night and it's no wonder some folks are tired of their shit.

BTW, there is a similar video of Toronto Maple Leaf fans during game 7 against the Bruins a few years back. When Boston scored 3 times in the last 10 minutes to tie it then going on to win in OT to seal the comeback from a 3-1 series deficit it was the same stunned reaction. I hate the Leafs and I chuckled.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's a grudge now? We have a grudge because some of your fans like to run their mouths and then run away like Bruce Irvin at the first sign that it might be coming back your way?

That's a grudge now? I thought it was just tittybabies doing what they do best, but I guess it's a grudge now because you say say. :rollseyes:

I have no idea if it is a grudge. I'm just asking what's the deal? Seattle never had that many haters five years ago but it seemed like every single one was a Cowboys fan. I wouldn't know about the Cowboys board at ESPN because I never posted there, this is just an observation. I guess you guys can claim I'm a lying POS bitch tittyfaced assclown or whatever but you can see the same thing happening here. There are maybe 8 Cowboys fan posters that I can think of on this board and more than half have been shitting on the Seahawks or talking about how much they hate them since the beginning of the season. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I never once saw any SEA fans on ESPN and never once heard anyone of our fans talk about the hawks. They were an irrelevant team, so not sure why anyone thinks they can just rewrite facts. :noidea:

But, it's a convenient excuse for the children who can't man up admit that they want to be able to talk shit about others, but their own team is off limits.

Yeah ok, I find that really hard to believe. I probably encountered a fan from every team other than maybe Jacksonville over there. Several of the Seahawks fans moved over here from ESPN. And a few of the Cowboys fans I was referring to moved over as well.

But what do I know. My personal experience is just a load of BS unlike the indisputable facts you've provided.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember a handful of Sea fans coming onto the Dallas ESPN Board all the time (during the times when the team wasn't disappointing) acting like we were their biggest rival and Sea wasn't in the Dallas fans top 10. We never even thought about Sea except for when they came on trolling.

The second the schedule came out one year they came on and stayed on all offseason talking shit about how Sea had dominated Dallas and the entire NFC East the past few years and how ridiculous it was for us to even think we had a chance to beat them and they weren't even any good!!! Sure enough Sea disappointed that year, Dallas beat 'em and they disappeared for a while. Even their user names were hysterical. I remember "Half Hawk Half Man" and "Hawk Boy". I remember calling them the geeky super hero fans that probably dressed up in capes, tights and masks and went to games as their alter egos. I wouldn't be surprised if they are here as their MO is very similar to many on here...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" I guess you guys can claim I'm a lying POS bitch tittyfaced assclown or whatever but you can see the same thing happening here"

No way....just uninformed with regards to cowboy fans.

as far as here? Well...the seahawks fans have been proud peacocks and it goes with the territory. Last year it was fine for you folks to bash everything Denver BUT now you guys wanna spin to being first runner-up and losing by a small margin as an accomplishment. That won't fly with fans that have been on both sides of a super bowl. I can tell you I felt no satisfaction in losing to Baltimore in SB5, nor the two gut wrenching loses to Pittsburgh, but here I read all about having a better position for next year being first runner up. Pretty funny spin.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first runner up ? lmfao .. that gets no respect piss off .. first runner up is nothing more than first place amongst the losers .. it doesnt even get a trophy .. whiners

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a handful of Sea fans coming onto the Dallas ESPN Board all the time (during the times when the team wasn't disappointing) acting like we were their biggest rival and Sea wasn't in the Dallas fans top 10. We never even thought about Sea except for when they came on trolling.

The second the schedule came out one year they came on and stayed on all offseason talking shit about how Sea had dominated Dallas and the entire NFC East the past few years and how ridiculous it was for us to even think we had a chance to beat them and they weren't even any good!!! Sure enough Sea disappointed that year, Dallas beat 'em and they disappeared for a while. Even their user names were hysterical. I remember "Half Hawk Half Man" and "Hawk Boy". I remember calling them the geeky super hero fans that probably dressed up in capes, tights and masks and went to games as their alter egos. I wouldn't be surprised if they are here as their MO is very similar to many on here...

The Seahawks board used to get one or two big time trolls whenever they'd play any team that had a sizable fanbase on the site. Cards, Rams, Redskins, Cowboys, Packers, and of course the 49ers but there were one or two of them that were there 24/7 so that's kind of different. But those were almost always troll accounts that would disappear after the game was played. I really have no clue about other team's boards over there, but if they were anything like Seattle's I'm sure they were troll infested like the rest of the site. I'm going by what I saw on the general board more than anything because that's where most of the people posted consistently with the same names.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first runner up ? lmfao .. that gets no respect piss off .. first runner up is nothing more than first place amongst the losers .. it doesnt even get a trophy .. whiners

313055-holding-the-trophy-97322.jpg

If you're gonna troll, at least do it right.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I honestly can feel this pain. It always amazes me how much we as fans put into our teams.

I felt like this 2 times watching the Pats and I honestly feel these folks pain.

Devastating video shows Seahawks fans watching end of Super Bowl | For The Win

Rest assured Seahawks fans you will be back. You got a helluva team.

You can tell that most of those fans in the video probably haven't been Seahawk fans for that long by the jersey's they are wearing. The majority of the old time Seahawk fans that I know have older jerseys; Largent, Kennedy, Zorn, Alexander or even Hasselbeck. Walking around in Western Washington, you can tell the majority of the old time fans by the gear that they wear. I'm not saying it is across the board, but the amount of bandwagon fans in this area is big.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
" I guess you guys can claim I'm a lying POS bitch tittyfaced assclown or whatever but you can see the same thing happening here"

No way....just uninformed with regards to cowboy fans.

as far as here? Well...the seahawks fans have been proud peacocks and it goes with the territory. Last year it was fine for you folks to bash everything Denver BUT now you guys wanna spin to being first runner-up and losing by a small margin as an accomplishment. That won't fly with fans that have been on both sides of a super bowl. I can tell you I felt no satisfaction in losing to Baltimore in SB5, nor the two gut wrenching loses to Pittsburgh, but here I read all about having a better position for next year being first runner up. Pretty funny spin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell that most of those fans in the video probably haven't been Seahawk fans for that long by the jersey's they are wearing. The majority of the old time Seahawk fans that I know have older jerseys; Largent, Kennedy, Zorn, Alexander or even Hasselbeck. Walking around in Western Washington, you can tell the majority of the old time fans by the gear that they wear. I'm not saying it is across the board, but the amount of bandwagon fans in this area is big.

Ricky Watters, Joey Galloway, Chris Warren. Joey Galloway doesn't really fit anymore though. I don't know that wearing a new jersey necessarily means you just started being a fan. I will say that i just don't get the 12th man jerseys. Just looks silly IMO.