• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A Little FA News

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea tomodach. We are in a rebuild mode and that angered-out condition can happen. The Lakers have a long way to go but they are on the right track and among other things, they'll be sitting pretty financially next summer when the cap increases, Kobe's contract comes off the books, we will have completed the majority of the stipulations of the Nash and Howard trades, and if we are fortunate like this year, we may end up keeping the pick due to go to Philly which is top three protected. If our record gets us the chances to get one of the top three spots, we will be sitting even prettier. So, yea, I like where we are at and I am glad they didn't money and time on players that don;t want to be here for the long term. I have been through several times before and the Lakers will be back.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, i am expecting the Lakers to start signing players to one year deals and start the tanking right now. Top 3 pick here we come.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Lakers, Indiana Pacers talking Roy Hibbert trade

The Los Angeles Lakers ‎are engaged in trade talks with the Indiana Pacers to acquire former All-Star center Roy Hibbert, according to league sources.

Sources said the Lakers, after missing out on all of their free-agent targets, are in discussions with Indiana on a trade in which L.A. would absorb Hibbert's $15.5 million salary for next season into their salary-cap space.

The Lakers were snubbed in free agency by high-profile targets such as LaMarcus Aldridge and DeAndre Jordan, as well as second-tier big men such as ‎Greg Monroe and Robin Lopez.

The obvious next step for the Lakers is to trade for a big man in the final year of his contract who won't impact L.A.'s free agency plans for the summer of 2016, making Hibbert and former Golden State Warriors All-Star forward David Lee two natural targets.

But sources said Saturday that the Lakers are not actively pursuing Lee at the moment while they discuss the Hibbert option with Indiana.

The Lakers' draft night decision to select guard D'Angelo Russell with the No. 2 overall pick, as opposed to a big man such as Jahlil Okafor or Kristaps Porzingis, has made finding a big man their priority in the short term.

Pacers president Larry Bird has made it fairly obvious since the end of Indiana's season that Hibbert is no longer in the club's plans. The Pacers were hoping that Hibbert would opt for free agency this summer, but he elected to exercise his player option for the coming season valued at $15.5 million.

As ESPN.com reported on draft night when Hibbert's decision to opt in became known, Indiana pledged then to try to trade its interior defensive anchor as it pursues a faster playing style. To speed its team up, Indiana struck a deal earlier this week with free-agent guard Monta Ellis, reaching terms with Ellis on a four-year, $44 million deal to sign him away from the Dallas Mavericks.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do a sign and trade with Hill for Him then have them include a first round pick for next season because we are going to eat that contract just like we did with Lin and boom the the Lakers get the perfect big to tank.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope this isn't true. What is Indiana going to want for Hibbert? If it is Hill and say Sawggy, that's a possibility but If Larry starts asking for Randle that would be mistake and would expose the Lakers as being hellbent on saving their FA face (and asses) which would be completely stupid.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with a first rounder, that would be a bad trade. Just go with Upshaw, tank the season or whatever and take their chances in next year's lottery.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with a first rounder, that would be a bad trade. Just go with Upshaw, tank the season or whatever and take their chances in next year's lottery.

He is on thelast year of his deal and the Pacers are desperate to get rid of him and he has a big contract which is hard to move. Getting another first or even a first and second to eat that contract is a good move in a rebuild. And, if Hibbert bounces back into a all star type player the Lakers can sign him to a long term contract and have another piece to get Durant next year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that makes sense and I suppose that would be tolerable since we are going to be in another rebuild year. Good post Hangman.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We could have totally won a championship with Rondo!" - Desperate Lakers fans. Can we stop with the "so stupid you didn't draft Okafor" thing yet? These players haven't even gotten to summer league, let's wait until the season starts before you start patting yourselves on the back because you might find that you're wrong.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I am sooo with you on that wish Outlaw. Geez, this second guessing and the instantaneous disease that many are infected with are really getting annoying as hell.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We could have totally won a championship with Rondo!" - Desperate Lakers fans. Can we stop with the "so stupid you didn't draft Okafor" thing yet? These players haven't even gotten to summer league, let's wait until the season starts before you start patting yourselves on the back because you might find that you're wrong.

hell, i'm hoping I AM wrong. which is why I don't go out of my way to bitch about the moves we're making. rather take the "wait and see" approach...

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another article on who is to blame for the Lakers which find ridiculous in the sense that the Lakers really do need to get current in many areas and continue to build they talent they have. They really should not be so concerned about the FA market as much as the aforementioned. Dr Buss built the club based on his approach and masterful management of talent. His kids are not as good as he was but they can decide to get their heads out of their asses and build something they want to be successful. For what its worth, this article is decent in identifying what that might be.

Lakers miss bad on Aldridge, fall of a once-mighty franchise continues - CBSSports.com

Here's my opinion on the matter. Yes, the Lakers have fallen on hard times a bit, BUT, the "mystique" is not gone! We're only 5 years from a NBA title, but free agency has turned the league around some, which was the purpose of FA. It's Hollywood baby!!! :headbanger:

LA wanted to win NOW. His window is closing fast, he's gonna be 30 next season, he's no spring chicken. I don't blame him one bit for choosing the Spurs, as much as I wanted him, I always thought it was a long shot and I think he wanted San Antonio, just did his due diligence by taking visits.

On the other hand, WE have young guys, Clarkson, Randle, Russell, Black, Upshaw, etc..........

I think this is a great core of guys, we need a center, if we land Hibbert, great! He's a rim protector, I LOVE that!! He's not great offensively, but give us 10/15 a game and I'd be happy as a pig in slop.

I heard on the radio today, which I completely agree with, is the Lakers NEED to build the program up a bit. Now, getting top FA isn't a bad thing to do, but when you're in rebuild mode, MOST guys don't want to deal with rebuild OR not being "the guy", which to me, was both for LA & DJ. In Monroe's case, I think Milwaukee is the only team to give him a max deal, could be wrong. Plus, they're a team on the rise, I give them a TON of credit, they've done a nice job.

We'll be fine, might take a couple years, gradually get a little better every year,
get Jimbo out in the process!! :dhd:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea tomodach. We are in a rebuild mode and that angered-out condition can happen. The Lakers have a long way to go but they are on the right track and among other things, they'll be sitting pretty financially next summer when the cap increases, Kobe's contract comes off the books, we will have completed the majority of the stipulations of the Nash and Howard trades, and if we are fortunate like this year, we may end up keeping the pick due to go to Philly which is top three protected. If our record gets us the chances to get one of the top three spots, we will be sitting even prettier. So, yea, I like where we are at and I am glad they didn't money and time on players that don;t want to be here for the long term. I have been through several times before and the Lakers will be back.
Ram I hope so. I hate rooting for failure, However, we need to keep next years pick. I don't know if KD is an LA kind of guy. I can't see him with the Lakers. I would love to be wrong. I hope he or other top free agents see this as a young up and coming team next free agency. Kobe has to retire after this season.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope this isn't true. What is Indiana going to want for Hibbert? If it is Hill and say Sawggy, that's a possibility but If Larry starts asking for Randle that would be mistake and would expose the Lakers as being hellbent on saving their FA face (and asses) which would be completely stupid.

There's NO way Mitch does this!! If he does, it would be a complete knee jerk! I'm thinking Hill and Swaggy, plus we're eating Hibbert's contract, correct??

Hill would fit the quicker pace offense they're running now, plus Swag is a sniper.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is on thelast year of his deal and the Pacers are desperate to get rid of him and he has a big contract which is hard to move. Getting another first or even a first and second to eat that contract is a good move in a rebuild. And, if Hibbert bounces back into a all star type player the Lakers can sign him to a long term contract and have another piece to get Durant next year.

B I N G O!!!!! :thumb:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got Hibbert!!!! I like that!!!

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes Outlaw, I agree!!!! :thumb:

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram I hope so. I hate rooting for failure, However, we need to keep next years pick. I don't know if KD is an LA kind of guy. I can't see him with the Lakers. I would love to be wrong. I hope he or other top free agents see this as a young up and coming team next free agency. Kobe has to retire after this season.

Top 3 protected, correct??

Even if Kobe doesn't retire, which I think he will, he'd never get even close to the type of money he is now.