• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like either team. Hate the Cubs. Hate any Chicago team. Never in my life would I root for ant team from Chicago. .
Indians are battle tested. Pl as ying the detriot tigers.
This series is a who cares world series..soooooo
I give my offical stamp of approval to the Cleveland indians.
Yep. GUARANTEED. CANT MISS LOCK. I PICK INDIANS TO WIN!!!!! GUARANTEE. INDIANS.
MARKED DOWN IN PEN ALREADY!!!
tribe fans can thank me later. Heeee hawwwww

Fuck me. As if tOSU getting beat by those fucking kiddie bangers wasn't bad enough, now the infamous dougplayer has picked the Indians to win the World Series.

Cubs will probably win in three now.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who can they trade him to?? Ain't happening. With his contact. Smarten up

Given his performance in 2016, I think there's a few teams that might be interested in him. You're right though, the 3 years and $84MM remaining on his contract might be problematic. They might have to eat some of that salary.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true Erie. I put my good luck pick on your indians. You know iam never wrong. Yep

KmwYpbo_zps27599e63.gif~c200

giphy.gif

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 feels so right

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 feels so right

Don't have the time to go into this....but doug....over identification and discussion of your waste (#2) is a sign of severe mental and emotional problems. I think, in your case, it is called anal-identification.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers will need to cut payroll. Problem is, getting rid of the BIG contracts like those of Cabrera, Upton, Zimmermann, and Verlander would be very difficult if not impossible. Anibal Sanchez is still owed $21mil....but no team in their right mind is going near that. They are ''talking'' about trading JD Martinez and not picking up F-Rod's option.....but that, in total, hardly makes a dent in total payroll.

So doug....any plans you can come up with, before they dump your ideas and go to 100% analytic decisions?

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dump assmus

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers will need to cut payroll.
So doug....any plans you can come up with, before they dump your ideas and go to 100% analytic decisions?

Apologies doug. It slipped my mind that you declared that, what was it?, you wanted to be "counted out" as having interested in the Detroit Tigers in 2017.
I also recall that you are one of those "deep thinkers" and "talk-only" fans who think that blaming a team's manager solves all the problems a team has.
Again...my apologies doug. Every once in awhile, I forget that you have the IQ of a pre-rolled Harbaugh booger.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do they announce Verlander wins the CY YOUNG??? Before or after the WS??

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK doug....I'll be fair. Let's accept your suggestion of firing the manager (Ausmus) as your first step in helping Detroit improve in 2017. But, obviously, there has to be more to it than that. Otherwise, why do you even need a front office....hell, the clubhouse manager could run the show, or some tool and die guy from Ypsilanti. So I'll put your suggestion down as your #1 and I'll give one of mine. Here ya go.....

1. Fire Ausmus.
1. Eat Mark Lowe's contract ($5mil) and release him
2. Doug says......?
2. Trade for Yankee catcher Andy Romine (unless Yanks are going to move Brian McCann)

ps....Romine to serve as backup for Det. Det will have both Lettuce Bros

Last edited:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears the Cubs are heavy favorites.

I expect the Cubs come out on top...but would get a kick out of the Tribe ''breaking it off'' (BIG TIME) into old dougy. After doug spent the season bad mouthing Cleveland, them winning the World Series would be like treating doug as if he were an old cigar butt being ground out in the dirt by a big old army boot. LOL

Wait...take that back. Cleveland taking the Al Central and the AL Championship was equivalent to grinding doug like a cigar butt. Cleveland winning the WS would be like doug being the ground up cigar butt and the Tribe is now peeing on him.

Last edited: