• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then, I'd also have to "sign him on" to any post-season starts that would appear (see doug's post above :) ). Couldn't very well run him to the end of the season, then drop him from any playoff starts.

Now if I was an Indian, Royals, White Sox fan....putting extra stress on a valuable young arm of the Tiger's future, might not be all that bad of a scenario?????

Indians ran Fausto Roberto Juan Hernandez Loco Carmona into the ground going for a title, and as an Indians fan, in hindsight, I support the decision. Listen to Mr Winwood.

It's not as if the Tigers future is so bright you can guarantee playoffs in the years to come. And don't get me wrong, I feel that same way about the Indians. If you can make the playoffs, fuckin do it. Anything can happen. Look at the damn Giants - the shakiest ass "dynasty" ever, but there they are.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians ran Fausto Roberto Juan Hernandez Loco Carmona into the ground going for a title, and as an Indians fan, in hindsight, I support the decision. Listen to Mr Winwood.

It's not as if the Tigers future is so bright you can guarantee playoffs in the years to come. And don't get me wrong, I feel that same way about the Indians. If you can make the playoffs, fuckin do it. Anything can happen. Look at the damn Giants - the shakiest ass "dynasty" ever, but there they are.

With a name like that, you would think he would've pitched for the The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of Orange County of California of the United States of the Planet Earth of the Milky Way Galaxy.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw how you made instant friends o'er on the Giants board a while back. Lol

Bay Area team boards would make the Player family blush.

I'm not saying I want Fulmer to go to the pen and stay there till the season is over. But if they can extend (deeper into October)him by utilizing him out of the bullpen for a turn or two thru the rotation, Id be happy. (I also don't trust guys to be successful doing things in baseball that they haven't done before. Which makes me want to see Fulmer in the pen during the regular season even more.)

Gotta get to the Postseason to worry about it though. And maybe he has to stay in the rotation for that to happen. Idk. The fuckin Red Sox didn't plummet during their month from hell, like they were sposed to. So I'm still looking at it like a less than 50% shot at making it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a name like that, you would think he would've pitched for the The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim of Orange County of California of the United States of the Planet Earth of the Milky Way Galaxy.

Your fucking assholes ended that dream, so Fuckuda.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD Martinez is gonna be a 100 million dollar guy in a little over a year, I think.

But I don't think its gonna be that Hot N Ready money he's gettin'.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your fucking assholes ended that dream, so Fuckuda.

I wouldn't rule it out, especially after the Angels went through the likes of David Huff (!) and Tim Lincecum. And they're still running Jered Weaver and his 43 mph fastball out there.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw how you made instant friends o'er on the Giants board a while back. Lol

Bay Area team boards would make the Player family blush.h

I like to test the waters. Seems like all west coast waters are like mother's milk and urine.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD Martinez is gonna be a 100 million dollar guy in a little over a year, I think.

But I don't think its gonna be that Hot N Ready money he's gettin'.

Amazing how little talk there's been about him. The dude's hitting .302/.359/.550 over his last 1561 plate appearances. I think it's safe to call him one of the best hitters in the AL.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how little talk there's been about him. The dude's hitting .302/.359/.550 over his last 1561 plate appearances. I think it's safe to call him one of the best hitters in the AL.
I'll admit I don't give him enough credit.

He's truly a student of the game. His defensive number aren't that great this year(from what I'm told....You know how I roll.). But he's worked and improved on almost every part of his game. It's impressive.

I would not blame a team for backing up the truck to build around him for five years. I just don't think Detroit will be able to do it with the other huge money that'll still be on the books.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't rule it out, especially after the Angels went through the likes of David Huff (!) and Tim Lincecum. And they're still running Jered Weaver and his 43 mph fastball out there.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I'm talking about 2007 when CC was CY and Fausto was a sinker ballin sonofabitch. In my opinion, Fausto's ALDS, the "bug game," was the single best pitching performance of the entire playoffs, and either Beckette or Lester had a complete game shutout of (I think) the Angels.

Love me some Fausto Juan Valdez Humerto jesus Charles Carmona. He also beat the shit out of Gary Sheffield, which earns extra points.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but I'm talking about 2007 when CC was CY and Fausto was a sinker ballin sonofabitch. In my opinion, Fausto's ALDS, the "bug game," was the single best pitching performance of the entire playoffs, and either Beckette or Lester had a complete game shutout of (I think) the Angels.

Love me some Fausto Juan Valdez Humerto jesus Charles Carmona. He also beat the shit out of Gary Sheffield, which earns extra points.

I was talking about the Angels giving Fausto a flier.

But yeah, that 2007 ALCS... good times!

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit I don't give him enough credit.

He's truly a student of the game. His defensive number aren't that great this year(from what I'm told....You know how I roll.). But he's worked and improved on almost every part of his game. It's impressive.

I would not blame a team for backing up the truck to build around him for five years. I just don't think Detroit will be able to do it with the other huge money that'll still be on the books.

I wrote him off after his abysmal 2012-13 seasons. I'll gladly eat crow on that one. He's been a fun player to watch.