• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your right ... difficult but not impossible. If you are unable to put us away, we just might come back and bite you.
Salazar should be interesting.

IS this rest precisely the thing he needed to return to dominance? Or is just a band-aid on a more serious issue?

I THINk all signs point to the former, but we shall see.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK doug, a question for you and your little boyfriend Ned. Detroit does not play Cleveland until mid-September (around the 15th I think). Do you think Fulmer will be available to start any of those games? Perhaps one in the first three games series? Or will he be shut down by then. Or will Detroit say, "the hell with the future" and pitch Fulmer all season.
If you want, I could crunch the numbers for you doug...but we all know you don't give a crap about statistics.
So iffy. You saying you would shut down fulmer now?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So iffy. You saying you would shut down fulmer now?

No, stupid. I asked you how long should they let Fulmer go this year? He pitched 125 innings in 2015. He is at 120 innings now (if you don't count the 15 at AAA). How many more games do you let him start. Let's see if you can crunch the numbers. hahahahaha

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, stupid. I asked you how long should they let Fulmer go this year? He pitched 125 innings in 2015. He is at 120 innings now (if you don't count the 15 at AAA). How many more games do you let him start. Let's see if you can crunch the numbers. hahahahaha

Sorry doug. Never mind. This stuff is over your head. Just put a post down about Fulmer being the ROY and how he is going to kick ass, or something.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you have to count the minor league innings.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumors floating around some time ago were that the Tigers were going to try and hold Fulmer to about 160 innings, but I'm not sure if that meant MLB innings only. That said, he's had some 7-inning starts where his pitch count was in the 80s. So maybe they'll let him go a bit more, but I can't see Ausmus pushing him to 180 and beyond.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumors floating around some time ago were that the Tigers were going to try and hold Fulmer to about 160 innings, but I'm not sure if that meant MLB innings only. That said, he's had some 7-inning starts where his pitch count was in the 80s. So maybe they'll let him go a bit more, but I can't see Ausmus pushing him to 180 and beyond.

Typically, when innings increases are discussed, minors innings are accounted for.

You're right, he has been pretty economical, so that could and should factor into any decision.

Also, I'd be surprised if this is Ausmus' decision. I think it's the FO's, and I'm not sure they want to explain to Illitich why they're shutting down or limiting their best pitcher in the heat of a playoff hunt.

Frankly, I'm not sure I'd shut him down either. I wouldn't assume that Tigers' playoff berths are a given moving forward, and I think when you've got a shot at a championship, you take it. That said, if they stumble much further back in the division or wild card race, I probably would shut him down.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salazar should be interesting.

IS this rest precisely the thing he needed to return to dominance? Or is just a band-aid on a more serious issue?

I THINk all signs point to the former, but we shall see.
Dominance?

Lol

Maybe he learned how to throw strikes while he was away.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typically, when innings increases are discussed, minors innings are accounted for.

You're right, he has been pretty economical, so that could and should factor into any decision.

Also, I'd be surprised if this is Ausmus' decision. I think it's the FO's, and I'm not sure they want to explain to Illitich why they're shutting down or limiting their best pitcher in the heat of a playoff hunt.

Frankly, I'm not sure I'd shut him down either. I wouldn't assume that Tigers' playoff berths are a given moving forward, and I think when you've got a shot at a championship, you take it. That said, if they stumble much further back in the division or wild card race, I probably would shut him down.

I'd like to see a cutoff at a maximum of 162 major league innings. That will give Fulmer enough to qualify for ERA title. But I think slinky might have a point. With Methuselah as the owner, I am sure he doesn't give a rat's behind about some 23 year old kids arm, five years down the road. He'll be yelling for Avila and Ausmus to pitch Fulmer until his arm falls off and then grab some superglue and stick it back on. (Maybe Fulmer's agent calls for his client to have a tired arm sometime in mid September?)

Oh well....maybe Miggy and VMart both blow out knees next week and the entire question is moot. (Oops, I forgot, Dixon "Vice" Machado has arrived to shore up the Tiger offense. That's Bob McAdoo to you, doug.))

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well....maybe Miggy and VMart both blow out knees next week and the entire question is moot. (Oops, I forgot, Dixon "Vice" Machado has arrived to shore up the Tiger offense. That's Bob McAdoo to you, doug.))

Not a knee, but Cabrera tweaked his shoulder tonight and left the game. Happened when Norris threw wild to first and the KC runner ran into Cabrera's outstretched arm. Just another freak injury in a season full of them. Hope it doesn't cost Miggy too many games, or the Fulmer discussion is moot.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see a cutoff at a maximum of 162 major league innings. That will give Fulmer enough to qualify for ERA title. But I think slinky might have a point. With Methuselah as the owner, I am sure he doesn't give a rat's behind about some 23 year old kids arm, five years down the road. He'll be yelling for Avila and Ausmus to pitch Fulmer until his arm falls off and then grab some superglue and stick it back on. (Maybe Fulmer's agent calls for his client to have a tired arm sometime in mid September?)

Personally, I think it's crazy to risk his arm for an ERA title. For a playoff title, I can understand the risk, but to go to 40%+ innings just to win an individual award? I don't see it.