• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy game up north. Nice win for D-Troit.

Yep. Would have been a shame for Verlander to get the loss for such a great effort, no matter how much fun it would be to poke fun at dougy.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Would have been a shame for Verlander to get the loss for such a great effort, no matter how much fun it would be to poke fun at dougy.

Doug's fun. He's like the straw that stirs the AL Central Thread Drink.

A big, sackless straw, just stirring, and stirring.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks for us, the punishment for not having a deep system. They could still lose and make it meaningless.
I coulda done without him going to Cleveland. But I didn't want us to trade for him.

He's clearly a better hitter than McCann, but more offense wouldn't really change much imo. And I was figuring McCann would have to be part of the deal. Didn't want that for a thirty year old backstop.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good trade by the Indians. Lucroy is one of the best in the game at his position.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I coulda done without him going to Cleveland. But I didn't want us to trade for him.

He's clearly a better hitter than McCann, but more offense wouldn't really change much imo. And I was figuring McCann would have to be part of the deal. Didn't want that for a thirty year old backstop.

Lucroy is an excellent defensive catcher too. For a trade to Detroit to make sense, they would have had to extend Lucroy behind 2017...and Detroit already has too many contracts for +30 players. McCann may never be more than a no-hit/good glove catcher, but with the Tigers' current salary set-up, he fits better.

Besides, a couple (maybe 3?) of those prospects the Indians gave up are listed in "Baseball America's Top 100 Midseason Prospects". Tigers do no have ANY on that list. (Although how Mil could pass on Steven Moya and Dixon Machado is beyond me! Right Vice? LOL)

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I was the Tigers, I'd probably push all my chips in this year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucroy is an excellent defensive catcher too. For a trade to Detroit to make sense, they would have had to extend Lucroy behind 2017...and Detroit already has too many contracts for +30 players. McCann may never be more than a no-hit/good glove catcher, but with the Tigers' current salary set-up, he fits better.

Besides, a couple (maybe 3?) of those prospects the Indians gave up are listed in "Baseball America's Top 100 Midseason Prospects". Tigers do no have ANY on that list. (Although how Mil could pass on Steven Moya and Dixon Machado is beyond me! Right Vice? LOL)
McCann flubbed that pop foul on Monday, but I have no complaints on his defense. And he's came thru in the clutch lately at the plate.

Like you said, big money deals are all tapped out already for Detroit.

Very nice add for this year in Cleveland. Be interesting to see if they can resign him or extend him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit...

Lucroy is signed thru NEXT year.

That sucks. For erybody but Stinktown.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander. Complete game win. Heaet!!#
Only infield singles scored runs off him.
Razor sharp. Again

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shameful. Trying to buy a ring. Indians panicked. .
Tigers still look much the best