• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the same old story. Most of the time our defense is awesome, bullpen is awesome, baserunning is awesome. We are not the best at everything. Just half of the things.
I don't know, the defense is still good, but it's not incredible and breathtaking like it was the past 2-3 years. Orlando and Fuentes are a hot mess in the COF spots right now which drives me nuts in a park like Kauffman. Kicker is they aren't good hitters either- at least Dyson has strong range to make up for his deficiencies on offense.Would like to see what Eibner does. Even if he is a shorthand guy, that's useful for this OF, imo.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah our OF is a mess. Still overall good defense and I said most of the time. To me there is still some kind of X-factor that's basically just called winning. We didn't have much offense in 14 either but we overachieved then too.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah our OF is a mess. Still overall good defense and I said most of the time. To me there is still some kind of X-factor that's basically just called winning. We didn't have much offense in 14 either but we overachieved then too.
Imo, a lot of the hitters started to grow up some, even if in small and incremental ways. Hosmer in particular seemed to respond well from watching afar. Moustakas needed a full offseason to really complete his adjustment. The rotation was also, much, much better than it is now. I am not a big secret sauce factor kind of guy, but if I were to guess, I'd say the bullpen's continued success is likely the reason the team overperforms outside of the more typical variance and happenings that are inevitable.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David SchoenfieldESPN Senior Writer
schoenfield_david_m.jpg
One thing about the Royals: They're not going to go down without a fight. They swept the Indians -- beating up Corey Kluber on Wednesday -- to move into a tie for first. They have injuries, the rotation hasn't been very good, Acides Escobar has a .268 OBP, Lorenzo Cain hasn't been as good, Kendrys Morales is hitting .205 ... and here they are. Ned Yost must have signed at least a three-year pact with the Devil.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB needs to make an exception for the All Star game this year. No Minnesota Twins player should be allowed to play in the game. This is the worst Twins team I have ever watched as a fan for 40 years.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a secret sauce kind of guy. KC is 22-7 at home and 13-23 on the road. Its no coincidence. We still have 53 games at home so I think we will win a fair number of games. And there are not enough stats that deal with clutch play in my opinion.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB needs to make an exception for the All Star game this year. No Minnesota Twins player should be allowed to play in the game. This is the worst Twins team I have ever watched as a fan for 40 years.

Reminds me of a Tigers team that was so bad, we had Robert Fick as our All-Star rep.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the Tigers game last night and they put up an amazing stat for Miguel Cabrera. Since joining the Tigers 8 years ago -- he has averaged 34 hrs 115 RBI and a .326 BA. No player in the AL has had one season exceeding these numbers over that time.
Pretty crazy.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC 250 runs, same as the Twins. Last in the AL. Last in Homers. Yet we are in first place. Its cause we're magik.

Pitching, defense and speed. If you have those three, you can contend with sub-par hitting.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the Tigers game last night and they put up an amazing stat for Miguel Cabrera. Since joining the Tigers 8 years ago -- he has averaged 34 hrs 115 RBI and a .326 BA. No player in the AL has had one season exceeding these numbers over that time.
Pretty crazy.

That is an amazing accomplishment.

Along those lines, it's also crazy that, at 22 years old, Bryce Harper had a better season in 2015 than any season Miggy's had. Talk about crazy.

I hope he gets his act together because watching that youngster mash is incredible. Plus, he's not an abusive, drunken Mexican.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cabrera is one of the best contact and high % hitters in the league yet he has still averaged 117 SO per 162 games. George Brett only struck out 54 times per 162 games. Joe Dom never struck out even 40 times in a season. Why is nobody paying attention to the detrimental impact this stikeout era is having on teams, when the Royals just proved 2 years in a row that high contact, low K% will take you far.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along those lines, it's also crazy that, at 22 years old, Bryce Harper had a better season in 2015 than any season Miggy's had. Talk about crazy.

We'll see if Harper sustains a high level of excellence into his 30s. Not saying he won't, but he has a ways to go.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cabrera is one of the best contact and high % hitters in the league yet he has still averaged 117 SO per 162 games. George Brett only struck out 54 times per 162 games. Joe Dom never struck out even 40 times in a season. Why is nobody paying attention to the detrimental impact this stikeout era is having on teams, when the Royals just proved 2 years in a row that high contact, low K% will take you far.
How many rings did the Rangers win?? Xactly

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander. Vs duffy.
BAWWWWWWHAAAAA
I got a W marked down already for Verlander. In PEN

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see if Harper sustains a high level of excellence into his 30s. Not saying he won't, but he has a ways to go.

I recall when everyone was sure that Josh Hamilton was going to urinate on all baseball stats. I think many thought Justin Upton was going to be the next big thing. People are in such a hurry to anoint the next Cobb, Ruth, Mantle...that they do so based on small sample sizes. Just a guess but I think the reason for that is their desire to be part of history. They weren't there to see those three players I mentioned...so they desperately won't to have a player from THEIR time listed in that group. Luckily for me....I've seen them all! LOL