• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twinkles get a butt whipping last night.
Tigers got zimmy going today. Or as I like to call him CY YOUNG ZIMMY.
Fulmer sharp!
Miggy mashing the ball.
It's all good

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its the Tigers most key players where the age matters, Miggy, Victor, JD, Verlander, Aviles. I think the Royals most important players are still under 30 - Hoz, Moose, Perez, Ventura. But granted both are about the same. Its a pretty even comparison. Cain, Dyson, Medlin, Infante, Davis, Kennedy and Gordon are all just a tick over thirty. They are not past their prime at all, but they may be in a 2 or 3 more years. I think Detroit is a real threat in the central, but I think they rely very heavily on some mega stars, and I don't think they can recover from key injuries, like last year. Of course the same goes for all teams, but I think(fingers crossed) a couple of injuries to key Royals players might be able to be dealt with. The farm system is all OF and Pitchers for KC BTW.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about 90% sure that Dee Gordon is the son of Royals Reliever and curveball master Tom (Flash Gordon).

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmy being zimmy.. tigers are red hot. You might say..Razor sharp

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmerman and Upton are working out better that Price and Cespedes. Sometimes its just chemistry. I'm still waiting for the pen and rest of the rotation to crash, if it happens. What are your thoughts on the White Sox and their out of this world pitching? I'm waiting for Chris Sale to throw one of his arms off one of these times on that delivery.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about 90% sure that Dee Gordon is the son of Royals Reliever and curveball master Tom (Flash Gordon).

which would be fitting if Doug thought it was Tom Gordon who got suspended

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked it up and it is true Tom was his Dad. Daddy must be very disgusted with his boy right now. I'm just remembering how good that looping curve was that he had. Eventually hitters got the hang of it and he had to hang it up. You gotta have more than one out pitch I guess.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to double post but who does everybody think is the biggest threat to KC in the Central. I think KC will take it if they stay healthy but you can never count on that. I personally am afraid of both the Sox and the Tigers equally right now. The Indians have an outside shot with their pitching but I don't think they will score the runs. I think KC just needs to get good production from the starting 5. And Kennedy and Volquez are going to have to pitch kinda like aces which they have done pretty much so far.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to double post but who does everybody think is the biggest threat to KC in the Central. I think KC will take it if they stay healthy but you can never count on that. I personally am afraid of both the Sox and the Tigers equally right now. The Indians have an outside shot with their pitching but I don't think they will score the runs. I think KC just needs to get good production from the starting 5. And Kennedy and Volquez are going to have to pitch kinda like aces which they have done pretty much so far.

Indians have scored more runs than the White Sox and the Royals. They've done it in less games and without Brantley.

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, but I believe it. Both KC and Chicago have been pitching well. I'm not sure where the Indians will get their run production for the rest of the year. I guess Kipnis and Lindor will pull their weight, Napoli provides pop and Rajai Davis is an underrated player. I'm not convinced they will keep it up but I've been wrong before. KC is simply not hitting. Cain got sat the other night to give him a break from his slump. Escobar went like 26 ABs without a hit. Gordon and Morales aint hitting. Moose, Hoz and Perez and a little Dyson are pulling them right now. I think they will get it going eventually. The Sox don't have a complete lineup, Frazier and Abrue and Cabrera seem like the only good offensive players to me. Maybe this division will be a 4-way race. That would be interesting, 3-teams in the playoffs.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug!!! The Tigers are 'Swiss Army Knife Sharp'. They are 'Dominating the AL Central'. Now all we need to explain is how the White Sox are several games ahead of of the red hot, dominating, razor sharp, clean as Michigan snow, Detroit Tigers?????

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug!!! The Tigers are 'Swiss Army Knife Sharp'. They are 'Dominating the AL Central'. Now all we need to explain is how the White Sox are several games ahead of of the red hot, dominating, razor sharp, clean as Michigan snow, Detroit Tigers?????

dougie....could the White Sox be living in the past? Or do you thing they were being held back by LaRoche's brat of a kid?

Good_Code

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let them Dominate April, they have plenty of time to make errors blow leads and strikout with the bases loaded. I forgot to mention Adam Eaton though, he is a good egg. I am biased and I believe the Royals will do this but, just after this thread I am acutely aware of the Indians, Tigers and Sox potential. Lots of talent there. I'm just glad we play every team 19 times to sort this thing out. And whoever dominates the Twins the most will have a head up as well. It seems like Cleveland has good Chemistry, Chicago is pitching above their heads, and Detroit seems to have the same old swagger back as before.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes iffy. Let's all worry about the sox. I'am sure they will continue at this pace all year.
BAAWWWHAAA.
Royals really struggling. Tell us iffy about how you see it...you shore nuff have figured out the tigers roster. Shore nuff

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at Mat Latos' 0.74 ERA in 24.1 IP with a 4.81 K/9.

Also, nice 3.2% HR/FB ratio

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Cleveland by a mile. They terrify me, personally. They have a rotation that can carry them and the offense is going to be a lot better than people think. I also don't think the defense will be nearly as bad as it has been in years past.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked it up and it is true Tom was his Dad. Daddy must be very disgusted with his boy right now. I'm just remembering how good that looping curve was that he had. Eventually hitters got the hang of it and he had to hang it up. You gotta have more than one out pitch I guess.
I think that was more about age than anything. And one out pitch can still be pretty effective for you when you're a reliever (SEE Dellin Betances)