• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should post that kind of shit on the indians board where someone might give a fuck about it... fans of other AL Central teams don't give a fuck about Mike Clevinger or NAquin.
yah you arer right- why talk baseball when you can insult and stalk people over the internet tat you will never meet.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Chiefs could get Geoff Schwartz on an incentive laden deal at one of the guard spots, that would tickle my fancy.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah you arer right- why talk baseball when you can insult and stalk people over the internet tat you will never meet.
your english is eloquent.

talking baseball is one thing.. posting page long shit about the indians is another... save that shit for other indians fans... this isn't an indians thread... at least try and tie it in to the other teams.. otherwise go on the indians thread...

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC minor league invite to camp, Chien-Ming Wang, is throwing 95mph....over 8 mph faster than he was throwing last year. The former Cy Young runner up is trying to find a spot with the Royals. Meanwhile, the Tigers are hoping Buck Farmer will not be needed to fill in any holes in the Tiger's rotation.

Detroit is still not sure what role #1 prospect Mike Fulmer will fill this year. Usually considered a starting pitcher, there were some rumors over the winter that he could eventually have a career as a closer. Even this spring, his use in the bullpen has not been ruled out. Detroit's #2 prospect, righty Beau Burrows (2015 #1 pick), is far from ready to contribute, with an arrival date possibly in the next decade. He will also have to prove his stuff is worthy of a spot in the rotation and not as a relief pitcher. The Tiger's top lefty prospect, Kevin Ziomek, is closer to contributing...but his ceiling is seen as mid-rotation starter at best.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC minor league invite to camp, Chien-Ming Wang, is throwing 95mph....over 8 mph faster than he was throwing last year. The former Cy Young runner up is trying to find a spot with the Royals. Meanwhile, the Tigers are hoping Buck Farmer will not be needed to fill in any holes in the Tiger's rotation.

Detroit is still not sure what role #1 prospect Mike Fulmer will fill this year. Usually considered a starting pitcher, there were some rumors over the winter that he could eventually have a career as a closer. Even this spring, his use in the bullpen has not been ruled out. Detroit's #2 prospect, righty Beau Burrows (2015 #1 pick), is far from ready to contribute, with an arrival date possibly in the next decade. He will also have to prove his stuff is worthy of a spot in the rotation and not as a relief pitcher. The Tiger's top lefty prospect, Kevin Ziomek, is closer to contributing...but his ceiling is seen as mid-rotation starter at best.
2006 was a real good year for pitchers.. when a guy with a 3.63 era / 1.30 whip / ERA+ of 125 is 2nd in the Cy voting.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is still not sure what role #1 prospect Mike Fulmer will fill this year. Usually considered a starting pitcher, there were some rumors over the winter that he could eventually have a career as a closer. Even this spring, his use in the bullpen has not been ruled out.

I heard and read talk about Fulmer's possible future as a reliever -- mainly because he's struggling to develop a slower offspeed pitch, like a change-up. He has a mid-90's fastball and an upper-80s slider which I hear are both outstanding. Two great pitches are not enough for a major league starter, but work just fine for a reliever.

It's a decision the Tigers have to make -- do they give him a full minor league season and hope he develops that third pitch, or do they put him in the 'pen right away. I guess it depends on how good or bad the bullpen looks early in the season.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard and read talk about Fulmer's possible future as a reliever -- mainly because he's struggling to develop a slower offspeed pitch, like a change-up. He has a mid-90's fastball and an upper-80s slider which I hear are both outstanding. Two great pitches are not enough for a major league starter, but work just fine for a reliever.

It's a decision the Tigers have to make -- do they give him a full minor league season and hope he develops that third pitch, or do they put him in the 'pen right away. I guess it depends on how good or bad the bullpen looks early in the season.
He is 23 as of yesterday... So I doubt they are in a huge hurry to move him out of the rotation this year.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 23 as of yesterday... So I doubt they are in a huge hurry to move him out of the rotation this year.

I would agree. The bullpen would have to be having major problems again for the Tigers to bring him up as a reliever this year.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks- i def dont expect everyone to read through all those posts--- whatever---- some good stuff there though--- even i was surprised to learn that Naquin has the best arm in the minors- or that Aiken was taken 17th by the tribe after being taken #1 overall the year before----

keep your eye on Mike Clevinger though- he has some real similarities to Corey Kluber.....obviously i dont expect the guy to become an ace like Kluber- but he can become a guy you would feel good about being one of your later starters in a playoff series.

I just hope the tribe gets off to a good start for once- because if they are playing well- they have the assets to go get some help at the deadline.

I can only imagine a potential rotation of Kluber, Carrasco, Aiken, Salazar, Bauer/Clevinger- at some point down the line- the best part is- all these guys- even the major league guys- are under the Indians control for cheap for years to come.

It costs the Indians less to field their entire starting rotation than it does for the Tigers to pay Jordan Zimmerman- who would be the Indians 4th starter.

I appreciate your posts.

Fuck Vice. He's a talking meatball.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was more words in that post from wiggy than there will be fans at the first Indians home game this season.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your english is eloquent.

talking baseball is one thing.. posting page long shit about the indians is another... save that shit for other indians fans... this isn't an indians thread... at least try and tie it in to the other teams.. otherwise go on the indians thread...
Shut the fuck up.