• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Discussion 2016

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking strictly BA like my grandpa?
You think Uribe is going to have a high OBP? LOL

Come on man.... The Indians lineup is gross and you and I both know it. Putting $5mil of money from a owner that doesn't give a large budget... is probably not a good idea.

The Indians lineup may end up putting them into a hole until Brantley can come around.. and even with him the lineup looks like swiss cheese.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His BA has been .281 over the last three seasons. Last year he hit over .250. Why do you think he's going to regress so much?
Because he is 37... the odds are in my favor.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers don't operate under the same financial restraints the Indians do... $5mil is equal to the tigers signing someone for 20 mil.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Uribe is going to have a high OBP? LOL

I never said that. I asked you if you were talking strictly BA like old guys do. Apparently you were.

For the record though, his OBP was above league average last year.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious....it doesn't freak anyone else out that you are carrying on a conversation with a guy that came in here and totally made up a bogus life story about himself? AND has acted like a clown for the last two day? Maybe it is just me.....but this weirdo has some SERIOUS issues. Some of you have been watching him longer than I have. He scares the shit out of me. Why Bums stays in contact with this guy is beyond me. I'd change my name, address, credit cards, everything if this idiot knew anything about me. Vice - the UM grad, ex-Marine, multi-business owner, millionaire, etc, etc....gives me the fucking creeps.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SlinkyRedfoot

you can't actually be happy with the way the Indians made their roster can you? I mean... If signing a 37 yr old Uribe, a 35 year old Napoli, and a 35 yr old Rajai Davis is your offseason... LOL.. especially for a team with WS hopes.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers don't operate under the same financial restraints the Indians do... $5mil is equal to the tigers signing someone for 20 mil.

That's not true. Using last year's opening day payrolls, $4MM (not $5MM) is about 4.6% of total payroll. That's about $8.8MM for the Tigers this year.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that. I asked you if you were talking strictly BA like old guys do. Apparently you were.

For the record though, his OBP was above league average last year.
Enjoy your purchase of Uribe... I am sure he will be worth every penny.. LOL

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true. Using last year's opening day payrolls, $4MM (not $5MM) is about 4.6% of total payroll. That's about $8.8MM for the Tigers this year.

Tigers payroll this year is about 30 mil higher than last year.. Just an FYI. The Tigers owner isn't scared to open his wallet like Dolan is.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uribe only has to produce roughly 0.5 fWAR to be "worth" his contract. The fact he has been league average or better for quite some time makes it solid bet by the Indians.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uribe only has to produce roughly 0.5 fWAR to be "worth" his contract.
Good luck with that... When you are trying to win a WS and have a legit shot at it.. and your starting 3rd base has a .5 fwar... Good luck.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with that... When you are trying to win a WS and have a legit shot at it.. and your starting 3rd base has a .5 fwar... Good luck.
OR... he produces up to his prior production (or close) and is worth something closer to 16 million in value if we choose the 8M/Win model.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SlinkyRedfoot

you can't actually be happy with the way the Indians made their roster can you? I mean... If signing a 37 yr old Uribe, a 35 year old Napoli, and a 35 yr old Rajai Davis is your offseason... LOL.. especially for a team with WS hopes.

Well, ass you pointed out, they operate under a different financial reality that much of the league. I'm not so much excited about the roster as I am curious what you think they should have done differently. Of course, you don't have anything to suggest because you really don't know your shit, you're just a troll.

I was being civil today and kindly asked you to explain every stupid thing you said in the hopes that it could make sense. It didn't, which is unsurprising.

I've seen a couple of people on here suggest that you have decent baseball knowledge but that it gets clouded by all your insecure bullshit. Frankly, I've seen none of the former, just loads and loads of the latter.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OR... he produces up to his prior production (or close) and is worth something closer to 16 million in value if we choose the 8M/Win model.
if you want to roll your dice on a 37 yr old 3rd baase... enjoy.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, ass you pointed out, they operate under a different financial reality that much of the league. I'm not so much excited about the roster as I am curious what you think they should have done differently. Of course, you don't have anything to suggest because you really don't know your shit, you're just a troll.

I was being civil today and kindly asked you to explain every stupid thing you said in the hopes that it could make sense. It didn't, which is unsurprising.

I've seen a couple of people on here suggest that you have decent baseball knowledge but that it gets clouded by all your insecure bullshit. Frankly, I've seen none of the former, just loads and loads of the latter.
I would have ran with the young kid they had... saved the cash to use for an in season trade...