• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9ers fan sues NFL for $50M

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopping someone from purchasing anything solely because of the billing address on their credit card is discrimination, plan and simple.

Discrimination in this sense IS NOT illegal.

Not all forms of discrimination are illegal, and restricting purchases from 44 states certainly isn't illegal.

It is NO WHERE in the same realm as racial discrimination, BTW. You're an idiot for even attempting that connection.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one end you have the NFL blacking out games if seats don't sell and on the other hand they appear to create an obstacles for fans outside the host stadiums area from purchasing tickets.

He just may have a case especially when it appears the NFL tried to increase the advantage of home field advantage.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of those tickets sold in the locked area ended up on the second hand market anyway where that guy or anyone else could have got them "first come first served".

Just because I have options on where to take my business, that is not a license for 1 business to engage in illegal behavior.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because I have options on where to take my business, that is not a license for 1 business to engage in illegal behavior.
What illegal behavior?? Please define what was illegal.
Either way my previous point stands. If I was in a similar situation I would just buy elsewhere instead of bringing a frivolous lawsuit for a ridiculous amount of money. Its just stupidity to do this. Utter and complete stupidity.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On one end you have the NFL blacking out games if seats don't sell and on the other hand they appear to create an obstacles for fans outside the host stadiums area from purchasing tickets.

He just may have a case especially when it appears the NFL tried to increase the advantage of home field advantage.

:L

It's not an obstacle. If a Seahawks fan who lives in Norway can get a ticket then a 49ers fan who lives in Vegas can get one too.

The NFL realizes that the vast majority of playoff tickets it sells are going to end up on ticket exchanges where ANYONE ON PLANET EARTH CAN BUY ONE. All the NFL did was attempt to create a small window where hometown fans could have the first crack at getting them. That policy was never intended to prevent anyone outside the Seattle or Denver areas from getting tickets. They would be stupid to think that would work.

If the NFL geographically locked ticket sales then made attempts to block second hand sales then there might be a point but that never happened.

Once again, watch a replay of the game, look at the stands and tell me how well 49ers fans were prevented from buying tickets and attending the game. There were a shitload of 9ers fans up there. If this was some devious plot to prevent 9ers fans from attending it didn't work too well.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read this story. Frankly, I'm appalled.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did the NFL limit the sales to those states? I don't want to hear speculation, what was the factual reason for doing so. In my eyes, that case will succeed or fail on that question.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What illegal behavior?? Please define what was illegal.
Either way my previous point stands. If I was in a similar situation I would just buy elsewhere instead of bringing a frivolous lawsuit for a ridiculous amount of money. Its just stupidity to do this. Utter and complete stupidity.

I'm not saying it was or was not illegal. I made an isolated statement based on what another poster said.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying it was or was not illegal. I made an isolated statement based on what another poster said.

Not really following you. Why did you state illegal behavior if you weren't saying it was illegal?

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually do live in Washington and was online 10 minutes prior to the tickets going on sale with my trigger finger on the refresh button. Right as they went on sale I tried to get 2 tickets and they were sold out by the time I got to the buy tickets screen. Can I sue too? Obviously I was being 'scriminated against

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually do live in Washington and was online 10 minutes prior to the tickets going on sale with my trigger finger on the refresh button. Right as they went on sale I tried to get 2 tickets and they were sold out by the time I got to the buy tickets screen. Can I sue too? Obviously I was being 'scriminated against

If anything they were trying to keep the money local by making sure NW based scalpers got all the tickets within seconds of them going on sale.

That brainless pissant who's suing had the same access to tickets that everyone else on the planet did.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, definitely need to change the team name to the forty giners. My God, I have never seen such a wimpy fanbase. Denver did the exact same thing (limited to 3 states) and nobody complained.

Couple that with some butt hurt 9er mod on here banning me for same, "That's game, 49ers lose" after they got beat up by Carolina, LOL. What a joke. And some tool actually posted lol at Seahawks offseason? What a joke!

San Francisco 49er fan sues NFL for $50M over Seattle Seahawks playoff tickets - ESPN

And I remember the intense rivalry with the Rams back in the early 00s. I had respect and still do for the Rams fans and their team because.... they are not complete pansies.

You gonna be ok, Shark? This entire post is just as whiny as the shit you're ranting about. You okay? :noidea:

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Chicago now. I feel discriminated against because Seattle Seahawks broadcast games are limited to mainly the Pacific Northwest. I'm going to sue the NFL for hundreds of millions of dollars which is about what I've to spend in bar tabs to watch the direct TV package.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in Chicago now. I feel discriminated against because Seattle Seahawks broadcast games are limited to mainly the Pacific Northwest. I'm going to sue the NFL for hundreds of millions of dollars which is about what I've to spend in bar tabs to watch the direct TV package.

I'm right there with you. Not having every Seahawks game on TV here in Virginia has caused immeasurable pain and suffering as well of loss of quality of life, night terrors, panic attacks, loss of appetite, slight headache, shy bladder and restless leg syndrome.

Get me Saul Goodman's number dammit!