• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/28 Happy Fiveday

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
warby-parker-x-man-of-steel-eyewear-collection-1.jpg

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This AB is going to determine my feelings for the rest of the season. It shouldn't, but it will.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it. Why can't we have some retribution for all the 9th inning suffering we've been through!?

0-62

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants looking to back their way into the playoffs by getting dominated by mediocre Chatwood again. Another frustrating game by a sleeping lineup and yet another lost opportunity.

Tomorrow's COL starter Gray has nasty stuff and will most likely give the Giants problems, so Cueto will have to be almost perfect. If STL loses the rest of their games, the Giants can still get in at 83-79, with a 46-66 post-ASB record! :thumb:

Last edited:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants looking to back their way into the playoffs by getting dominated by mediocre Chatwood again. Another frustrating game by a sleeping lineup and yet another lost opportunity.

Tomorrow's COL starter Gray has nasty stuff and will most likely give the Giants problems, so Cueto will have to be almost perfect. If STL loses the rest of their games, the Giants can still get in at 83-79, with a 46-66 post-ASB record! :thumb:

Chatwood has a 1.62 ERA on the road. (bats still need to wake up, but it's not fair to call him mediocre)

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This AB is going to determine my feelings for the rest of the season. It shouldn't, but it will.

Only until tomorrow...it's the playoffs, each day is big. So tomorrow's win is big.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it, we are 2 games into a 7 game (really 6 but just go with it) playoff series vs the Cardinals (but not head to head, it's complicated, just go with it). It's intense, every game counts. First game good, second game bad, let's see tomorrow.

Magic number is 4 with 4 to play.

Reactions: LHG

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, on par for the 2016 season, Noggin lets Scrabble hit for himself. FPOM. Then he promptly returns to the mound gives up a run or three.

:L

Hindsight is 20/20, but I don't recall Noggin making these bad moves quite so often in the past.
What monster bat was sitting on the bench left unused? What shutdown reliever was left standing on the warmup mound?

As has been mentioned, it is easy to take a shot when you have a full magazine. It is a lot tougher when your clip is full of blanks.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely inept hitters. Once again.

Giants are dead last in runs scored post-ASB

And they are no better than 24th in most other offensive categories.

Giants are one of 5 teams that have seen less than 10,000 pitches post-ASB.

How in Sam Hill did they become such terrible hitters?

Maybe the first half really was a fluke, and we believed the hype rather than reality.
I don't believe that. Each of the players has a track record, and just about everyone has gone into the tank over the last two months.

We need to remember that something very similar to this happened in 2014. Msg seems to think this sort of thing is normal, but I don't believe that either. There is something in the strategy of this coaching staff that encourages prolonged ups and prolonged downs. The ups have benefitted us at least 3 times. The downs almost killed us in '14, and threatening 2016.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What monster bat was sitting on the bench left unused? What shutdown reliever was left standing on the warmup mound?

As has been mentioned, it is easy to take a shot when you have a full magazine. It is a lot tougher when your clip is full of blanks.

Doesn't matter if a monster bat was available, just someone with a better chance to start a rally than Samardjiza, who was on his last inning regardless. As to the shutdown reliever left standing, Romo or Law never pitched in the game, or Javy.

I've reiterated this a few times, but it's about putting the best possible odds in front of you as a manager. And right now more important than ever. Seems like Boch still isn't in full-blown playoff mode, where he does wherever it takes to win.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter if a monster bat was available, just someone with a better chance to start a rally than Samardjiza, who was on his last inning regardless. As to the shutdown reliever left standing, Romo or Law never pitched in the game, or Javy.

I've reiterated this a few times, but it's about putting the best possible odds in front of you as a manager. And right now more important than ever. Seems like Boch still isn't in full-blown playoff mode, where he does wherever it takes to win.
The Giants PH are something like 4 for their last 50. That has not been a weapon worth using. Taking Sammy is the clear call NOW. But at the time, he was dealing. He had only thrown 87 pitches at the time, why do you insist that he only had 1 inning left (without 20/20 hindsight)? What happens if he is taken out and the PH (Beckham?) strikes out, and the bully gives up a run in the 7th? This would have been called an error by Bochy due to his quick hook on a SP who was dealing when he knows as well as we do that the bully is in shambles.

Sure, a base runner would have been nice. But taking out Sammy in favor of a firestarter at that point would have been micro-managing.

Reactions: LHG

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants PH are something like 4 for their last 50. That has not been a weapon worth using. Taking Sammy is the clear call NOW. But at the time, he was dealing. He had only thrown 87 pitches at the time, why do you insist that he only had 1 inning left (without 20/20 hindsight)? What happens if he is taken out and the PH (Beckham?) strikes out, and the bully gives up a run in the 7th? This would have been called an error by Bochy due to his quick hook on a SP who was dealing when he knows as well as we do that the bully is in shambles.

Sure, a base runner would have been nice. But taking out Sammy in favor of a firestarter at that point would have been micro-managing.

Boch was not going to run Jeff out for 120+ pitches if he was going to need him in relief this week, or for a potential tie-breaking game 163. I think it's pretty fair to say 100-110 was probably his max. Bochy had Okert ready to go by the time Jeff was throwing to the first batter of the inning.

The guys didn't preform, and again that's always what it comes down to. Bochy needs to put what is the best possible option out there though, micro-manage the crap out of this, he has plenty of resources. Myself, and others, said when Jeff hit for himself we disagreed that was the best option. And then things unfolded. And again, Law and Romo were left unused, and I forgot to mention Kontos too the first time. A Samardjiza a 3rd time through the lineup, or a fresh reliever?

I firmly believe what I just said, and if the scenario played out where Beckham K's and then a reliever comes in and gives up a run, I still would have thought that was the right call. Maybe others would have called Bochy on his error, but what I stated is my philosophy, especially this time of year.

If this is mid-June, yeah he's staying in the game, no question.

(damn insomnia)

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest disappointment to me last night was after Belt lead off the seventh with a 4 pitch walk, Posey swings at ball 2 after the first pitch almost hit him. Are you serious dude? It's like watching a bunch of little leaguers trying to learn the game. Sorry for the rant but sheesh