• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

9/28 Happy Fiveday

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, on par for the 2016 season, Noggin lets Scrabble hit for himself. FPOM. Then he promptly returns to the mound gives up a run or three.

:L

Hindsight is 20/20, but I don't recall Noggin making these bad moves quite so often in the past.
Another way of looking at it is: How would any other manager have done with what Boch had? Hard to say.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another way of looking at it is: How would any other manager have done with what Boch had? Hard to say.

I should rephrase. I don't think it was a bad move, though it worked out badly.

I mean that many of Noggin's moves have backfired this year. Too soon. Too early. Not at all. Doesn't seem to matter. Whatever he decides blows up anyway.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, it always comes down to what the guys do on the field and managers can unfairly take a lot of the blame for what they are given. A good way to judge a manager would be to see how he best manages odds, does he put his team in the best position to win. IDK how you would measure that, but I'm sure it's possible.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaaaand he gives up a leadoff double. Then an RBI single. I think the shitty pen and shitty bats have messed up Bochy's decision-making in the second half.

The bats (and Bochy) get the L.

At least the equally shitty Cards lost. One of our two lame teams will be backing into the second wild card.
I know this is becoming a tired theme, but I still cannot believe we went from talking best record in baseball, and, potentially home field advantage through the World Series (had the team gotten that far) at the ASB to we will be lucky if they don't suck as much as the Cardinals to make the 2nd Wild Card spot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew they should have saved a few runs from yesterday! :peep:

phptZfSPB.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely inept hitters. Once again.

Giants are dead last in runs scored post-ASB

And they are no better than 24th in most other offensive categories.

Giants are one of 5 teams that have seen less than 10,000 pitches post-ASB.

How in Sam Hill did they become such terrible hitters?

Maybe the first half really was a fluke, and we believed the hype rather than reality.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely inept hitters. Once again.

Giants are dead last in runs scored post-ASB

And they are no better than 24th in most other offensive categories.

How in Sam Hill did they become such terrible hitters?

Maybe the first half really was a fluke, and we believed the hype rather than reality.

The first half was a bigger sample size than the second half :noidea:

It would be nice if we could spread out the "hotness". Everyone is on or off, together.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strickland seems to have zero court awareness. Not sure if he had a chance to throw out Cargo at 2nd, but he never even looked.

Nice work on Arenado though.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strickland seems to have zero court awareness. Not sure if he had a chance to throw out Cargo at 2nd, but he never even looked.

Nice work on Arenado though.
Amazing that Arenado has only been on base twice tonight (saying that without even knowing how he did last night).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk from K&K about "if Bochy brings in Lopez to face (LHH), then Weiss will bring in a RHH to counter" is why you need Will Smith warming up instead of Javier Lopez. Those are the type of moves that Bochy needs to make that he seems to have not been making lately, and what really grind my gears. That is an "odds" move I'm talking about.

Thank you Strickland for getting out of it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk from K&K about "if Bochy brings in Lopez to face (LHH), then Weiss will bring in a RHH to counter" is why you need Will Smith warming up instead of Javier Lopez. Those are the type of moves that Bochy needs to make that he seems to have not been making lately, and what really grind my gears. That is an "odds" move I'm talking about.

Thank you Strickland for getting out of it.

:clap: