• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8/11 Tiggers @ Tweety (1:05pm)

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't even mske up a bottom of the 8th scenario.... just unbelievable..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobb gave up 4 runs in his first outing with the Tribe, might be nerves or rust.
Understandable, but I believe he'll bounce back at some point. If the got creative with the rotation and maybe gave Hicks some bully work, Cobb could have been eased into it. Hopefully it time for a year end sprint

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable, but I believe he'll bounce back at some point. If the got creative with the rotation and maybe gave Hicks some bully work, Cobb could have been eased into it. Hopefully it time for a year end sprint

Beck had a nice start earlier in the week at Sacramento. I believe the Giants can cobble together a starter in Birdie's spot, including Birdie himself. The problem is that most of the young pitchers have never thrown this many innings before, so they are bound to hit a wall.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still confused by the Cobb deal. Unless the Giants knew he wouldn't contribute this year or they were confident the WC was out of reach, seems like a low cost insurance policy to spell Birdy, Harry, Hicks who are all in unknown territory.
Agree. Even just from a financial standpoint, wouldn’t you want to promote the hell out of his return game? You have paid him already for 2/3 of the season, why give up on just as he is ready to payoff?

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Even just from a financial standpoint, wouldn’t you want to promote the hell out of his return game? You have paid him already for 2/3 of the season, why give up on just as he is ready to payoff?
Did we get anyone for him, I don’t remember ?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the Giants' way. Seems like for two or three years in a row, FZ carried some pitcher on the 60 day IL all year only to jettison the pitcher in the offseason. I think they were all Rule 5 picks too.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a feature or a bug?

From NBCBA:

Giants hitters went 3-for-14 with runners in scoring position and left eight men on base against the Tigers. They were 0-for-5 with three groundouts and hit into a fielder’s choice twice between the seventh and eighth innings. Since July 25, the Giants are hitting .193 (31-for-161) with runners in scoring position with a .576 OPS, which is the lowest mark in all of the National League. Only one team in the entire majors over the span has been worse than the Giants with runners in scoring position.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we get anyone for him, I don’t remember ?
Minor league pitcher Jacob Bresnahan and a PTBNL

I gotta believe if the deal was flipped and the Guardians had Cobb under the same conditions, any sane Giants GM with WC aspirations would pick up Cobb for JacobB and a PTBNL. I'd be interested to know if FZ ever went public with his 'rational'

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor league pitcher Jacob Bresnahan and a PTBNL

I gotta believe if the deal was flipped and the Guardians had Cobb under the same conditions, any sane Giants GM with WC aspirations would pick up Cobb for JacobB and a PTBNL. I'd be interested to know if FZ ever went public with his 'rational'
Since he also traded for Canha, it was unknown what FZ's intent was (but speculation abounds).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he also traded for Canha, it was unknown what FZ's intent was (but speculation abounds).
We gave up Eric Silva for Canha, though. Although Silva was a 4th rounder in ‘21, he has been absolute flaming dog shit every season since turning pro, so we essentially got Canha for free.

i remember reading somewhere (forget where, so I can’t speak to the validity of the claim) that the PTBL we will get in the Cobb trade is supposedly an actual prospect, not just garbage garnish. Maybe (!!!) Detroit just overwhelmed FZ with an offer he couldn’t refuse.

:noidea:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Canha trade was bad given Wilmer going down, I'll assume that had something to do with it. I

I also don't know the Canha contract, hopefully they aren't committed through '25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gave up Eric Silva for Canha, though. Although Silva was a 4th rounder in ‘21, he has been absolute flaming dog shit every season since turning pro, so we essentially got Canha for free.

i remember reading somewhere (forget where, so I can’t speak to the validity of the claim) that the PTBL we will get in the Cobb trade is supposedly an actual prospect, not just garbage garnish. Maybe (!!!) Detroit just overwhelmed FZ with an offer he couldn’t refuse.

:noidea:
Probably some graphic pictures of FZ with LouSeal

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Canha trade was bad given Wilmer going down, I'll assume that had something to do with it. I

I also don't know the Canha contract, hopefully they aren't committed through '25
He is not signed past this season. If the FO thought this was not going to be the year to push all in for the postseason, why sell off some pieces and then add a piece? Yes, Flores is out for the season but this was a great chance to give more young hitters playing time to see what they have. Hitting in AAA tells you nothing these days. There will be no rebuild in 2025 so take advantage of 2024 to test out who to keep on the roster for next year.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not signed past this season. If the FO thought this was not going to be the year to push all in for the postseason, why sell off some pieces and then add a piece? Yes, Flores is out for the season but this was a great chance to give more young hitters playing time to see what they have. Hitting in AAA tells you nothing these days. There will be no rebuild in 2025 so take advantage of 2024 to test out who to keep on the roster for next year.
I’m telling you they can compete for a wild card next year, totally agree with this post use the rest of season to try to win games with new blood.