• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5 Los Angeles Kings vs. #6 San Jose Sharks - Western semis

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Becks on the kiss-cam (1:10 in)

[youtube]S2f32zx0kjA#![/youtube]

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame we never had Bea Arthur on the kiss-cam...

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Thornton play last night? Oh yeah I just checked the box score G 0, A 0, PIM 2, SOG 0.

It was game seven right?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Thornton play last night? Oh yeah I just checked the box score G 0, A 0, PIM 2, SOG 0.

It was game seven right?

Boss, I'm going to come to the defense of Jumbo Joe as I think he was one of the best Sharks players in these playoffs and in my opinion has played quite well in the last three playoff years for the Sharks. When you consider his linemates are a converted defenseman and TJ Galiardi, it's pretty tough. Also, it doesn't help when Quick is playing lights out.

/I'd also like to know what happened to Couture, Marleau, and Pavelski in this series. Not a single goal from the 3rd and 4th lines either for the Sharks in the entire playoffs.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't hold a candle to Giroux and Elias on the kiss-cam though.

lol2nm.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I watch it, "Endless Love" is playing in my head. haha.

Sorry, Sharks' fans. I was pulling for ya. Sincerely - Sharks' East

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAKAVELI posts some pretty good stuff on youtube, but he also seems to have a huge persecution complex. I don't think a four game sweep and only winning one playoff game in the last two seasons can be blamed on poor officiating.

I agree with this completely. The Boss should know that box scores don't tell the whole story. Joe was our best and most consistent forward all playoffs again.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss, I'm going to come to the defense of Jumbo Joe as I think he was one of the best Sharks players in these playoffs and in my opinion has played quite well in the last three playoff years for the Sharks. When you consider his linemates are a converted defenseman and TJ Galiardi, it's pretty tough. Also, it doesn't help when Quick is playing lights out.

/I'd also like to know what happened to Couture, Marleau, and Pavelski in this series. Not a single goal from the 3rd and 4th lines either for the Sharks in the entire playoffs.

He wasn't terrible but I do think Thornton isn't much of a team leader. Esp in the playoffs.

Couture G 5, A 6, 11 pts
Thornton G 2, A 8, 10 pts
Pavelski G 4, A 8, 12 pts
Marleau G 5, A 3, 8 pts.

Maybe it's me but he has just never been the go to guy I think S.J. expected. I agree with you about Quick he was awesome and the third and fourth lines were invisible.

It's like we always said when it comes to the playoffs you better have a deep team and you need those roll (grunt) players to step it up. That's why the Pens and Bruins are so dangerous they are deep.

Maybe I pick on J.T. more than I should but it just seemed like at times he played well and at other times was a non factor. Just seems that he has been very inconsistent throughout the playoffs every year when it's crunch time.

JMO

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I pick on J.T. more than I should but it just seemed like at times he played well and at other times was a non factor. Just seems that he has been very inconsistent throughout the playoffs every year when it's crunch time.

Somebody that wears the C... solid in crunch time....

I think I have a trade idea for the Sharks.

captain-crunch.gif

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this completely. The Boss should know that box scores don't tell the whole story. Joe was our best and most consistent forward all playoffs again.

Oh I do understand that, IDK it just doesn't seem like he is passionate, I just think there is more that he could give and at times doesn't. Like I said JMO guy's.

In all fairness to JT I didn't get to see most of the Sharks games in the playoffs so maybe I'm off base a bit.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, we got 0 goals from our 3rd and 4th lines that series. The Thornon line (with due credit to Burns and Galliardi who both played great as well) was by far and away our best line. Joe is the center and biggest reason for that. I simply think he is an easy scapegoat, but its fairly lazy to simply point at him.

Pavelski, Coture, and Marleau were all a lot more inconsistent that series.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I do understand that, IDK it just doesn't seem like he is passionate, I just think there is more that he could give and at times doesn't. Like I said JMO guy's.

In all fairness to JT I didn't get to see most of the Sharks games in the playoffs so maybe I'm off base a bit.

Yeah, no offense but you're quite a bit offbase this year.

It's just too easy to blame Thornton and lots of people do it (that Milbury idiot had a good time blaming Thornton last night, I think).

He was dominant out there (just not last night and probably not in Game 5, which pretty much the entire Sharks roster forgot to show up for).

He was shut down quite effectively last night but I can't really blame him for the loss. /shrug