• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason Game 1 - Los Angeles Chargers @ Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium, Saturday, 08/14/21, 7:00PM PDT

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams will sign a RB that gets cut loose from another team. That’s without a doubt imo
I think that is a waste, because then Jones and Funk won’t be able to develop.

man aging vet isn’t going to solve the RB issue because the issue starts with the OL.

you can get pretty much any RB to be successful if the OL is good ( see James Robinson ). But you need a great RB to play behind a bad OL ( see Barry Sanders ).

they aren’t going to find a great RB in FA after cuts.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPOT ON ALR!! Stafford is going spend a good deal of his playing time on his back once the league's defenses get a whiff of Allen at Center. They will be coming right up the middle just as they did when we had another fraud, Austin Blythe playing Center. Most recent display of how bad Blythe was? The Snooperbowl loss.

The reason our running game sucks is because the O-line is aging and in transition. and much of it begins at the Center position. Because of the boneheadedness of the dumbass twins, the Rams will be forced to bring some quality aging FAs to right the ship. I am quite sure one of the reasons Kromer left was because he saw through the bullshit of the dumbass twins and probably called them out on it.

BTW, Evans is now on the hot seat to being cut because of a poor showing against the Chargers. The guy has been here nearly three years and he is absolutely digressing. What will occur next is Corbett will be moved back to Center and Anchrum will be inserted in Corbett's spot as Evans will be cut on the final roster creation.
Right on Retro.

Kromer got tired of working with a patchwork OL because McSnead refuses to draft new talent every year.

they have ignored the OL for 2 drafts now and the fruits of that fact are now showing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you are spot on on both counts ALR. I am not quite sure why McSnead have this collective aversion to drafting O-lineman, LBs, and BIG RBs early in the draft. The first think Vermeil did when he took over the reins in St Louis was draft O. Pace number one overall!

We have some talent but not enough and what we do have is either aging or flat-out a joke in all of the areas. BTW, LBs, Hollins and OKO are hurt again and so is mega contract boy Floyd. Here we go again!!

This behavior by these two makes no sense whatsoever. Don't these dumbass twins get it that big, fast backs with great big, and mean and nasty O-lines produce a season-long durable, awesome running game? Case in point: Derrick Henry and that Vrabel inspired O-line. Henry is a freight train and look at their running game. I rest my case because all we have now is undersized somewhat fast backs who are for sure prone to NFL injuries and O-lineman that are near PS level except for a few.

Check it out. BTW, Radunz had lots of pre-draft interest by the Rams but apparently it was all talk as usual.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article reminds me. Roger Saffold is in that Tennessee O-line and was another O-lineman we let go way too early. We were a way better offensive team when both Saffold and Sullivan were on our O-line.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

man aging vet isn’t going to solve the RB issue because the issue starts with the OL.

you can get pretty much any RB to be successful if the OL is good ( see James Robinson ). But you need a great RB to play behind a bad OL ( see Barry Sanders ).

Jones may be ready. Funk isn’t. Henderson is injury prone. Its the right thing to do and will be done at some point. And it absolutely can work see CJ Anderson

And the Oline won’t be as bad as y’all are thinking. Center is definitely a ?? but they will figure it out

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones may be ready. Funk isn’t. Henderson is injury prone. Its the right thing to do and will be done at some point. And it absolutely can work see CJ Anderson

And the Oline won’t be as bad as y’all are thinking. Center is definitely a ?? but they will figure it out
Well, you have more confidence in the team than I do.

there is lack of depth at the guards and center spots if there are injuries to the starting line.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you have more confidence in the team than I do.

there is lack of depth at the guards and center spots if there are injuries to the starting line.

i actually think we are deep at Oline. Center? No that was dumb taking Tutu even though we are an injury away from Desean too. Anything can happen. But Bobby Evans we know is pretty good. Tremayne Anchrum is going to be pretty good too. Then there is Alaric Jackson. If he makes the team he’s a good OT backup with no experience obviously. And then there is Noteboom hopefully healthy too.

staying healthy is always key

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually think we are deep at Oline. Center? No that was dumb taking Tutu even though we are an injury away from Desean too. Anything can happen. But Bobby Evans we know is pretty good. Tremayne Anchrum is going to be pretty good too. Then there is Alaric Jackson. If he makes the team he’s a good OT backup with no experience obviously. And then there is Noteboom hopefully healthy too.

staying healthy is always key
Evans is not good. He has been regressing to the point they had to replace him with Corbett, which is why Allen is now the #1 center.

Anchrum has looked good, yes, but he and Jackson are both OT’s. The weakness in depth is at guard and center.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Agree ALR. The ONLY O-lineman drafted by the Rams in the last two drafts was Anchrum in the seventh round. WE have signed some back-ups like Kolone, Brewer, and Shelton but after that we have little to none other back-up quality O-lineman that can fill-in if there is injury or just bad player performance in a given game.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Evans' play is digressing enough that he is being played in the preseason to be evaluated. Because our talent quality drops off after Evans, he'll make the team because of the lak of starting-level talent that then can provide a direct threat of having a substandard O-line in a year that many believe the Rams have a good chance of returning to the snooperbowl.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

can either of the backups assist in pass protect ? If they can do a pretty good job then great, otherwise it would suck with them trying to figure it out on the fly, especially if that turd Allen is a turnstile.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if there has been any discourse between the dumbass twins of seriously making a phone call to C.J. Anderson and ascertain the extent of his availability and would he be interested in getting into playing shape and bring him back to be the main running back this season. Just a thought.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans is not good. He has been regressing to the point they had to replace him with Corbett, which is why Allen is now the #1 center.

Anchrum has looked good, yes, but he and Jackson are both OT’s. The weakness in depth is at guard and center.

Evans is fine. He’s just not as good as Corbett and they must not like Corbett at center. Cleveland didn’t either

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the trash talking that led to the brawl had something to do with those Ram pussified helmet horns and their ridiculously gay unis.