• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 keepers in a two-QB league

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm in a two-QB keeper league, 6t passing TDs, PPR, and bonuses for TDs over 40&50 yds, as well as bonuses for going over certain yardage totals per game. I didn't have a great second QB all year, but am for sure keeping Stafford as one of my players. So, I can keep 4 from the following:

Demarco Murray, Reggie Bush, CJ Spiller, Andre Ellington, Julio Jones, Desean Jackson, Keenan Allen, Percy Harvin, Jeremy Maclin, and Cordarelle Patterson.

I don't lose draft spots for my keepers and I will have the 9th pick out of 10 teams in the draft as I lost in the championship last year.

Thoughts on my 4 keepers? I won't say who I'm leaning towards.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go with these guys:

Demarco Murray
C.J. Spiller
Andre Ellington
Julio Jones

Load up on the RB's since it will be easier to find WR's in the draft. Bush is going to be 30 next year, so I don't keep him.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush
Murray
Jones
Allen

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm in a two-QB keeper league, 6t passing TDs, PPR, and bonuses for TDs over 40&50 yds, as well as bonuses for going over certain yardage totals per game. I didn't have a great second QB all year, but am for sure keeping Stafford as one of my players. So, I can keep 4 from the following:

Demarco Murray, Reggie Bush, CJ Spiller, Andre Ellington, Julio Jones, Desean Jackson, Keenan Allen, Percy Harvin, Jeremy Maclin, and Cordarelle Patterson.

I don't lose draft spots for my keepers and I will have the 9th pick out of 10 teams in the draft as I lost in the championship last year.

I would go:

Murray
Spiler/ellington- Pick one
Julio Jones
Keenan Allen

Would probably keep Spiller over ellington because he has the better chances to be a first round fantasy talent(which you need)...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my questions would be, #1, who is your current 2nd QB, and #2, do you feel as though you have a strong hold on who the other owners will keep as it pertains to QB's?

There's nothing that will convince me otherwise, that 2 above average (preferably a top 5 and a top 10 guy, but two very good ones nonetheless), is about the only key to having a great team in 2 QB leagues, especially those that have 6 pt TD's. If all the other owners are planning on keeping 2 QB's, is the guy you've currently got at #2 going to be better or worse than what's left out there? You know all the top 10 guys are a given to be kept, but is there a chance an owner throws back a Romo, Dalton, Kaepernick, Foles, Rivers..ect..? My guess would be no, as I'd keep all those guys in a heartbeat in a 2 QB league. And on top of that, I wouldn't expect to be able to snatch your guy back in the instance that you do drop him, and it turns out that there are no better options out there, because everyone is always looking for that third QB that can fill in on those 2 bye weeks without losing to much of that advantage. Throwing the guy you have now back onto the pile, may end up moving you even further backwards at that spot.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my questions would be, #1, who is your current 2nd QB, and #2, do you feel as though you have a strong hold on who the other owners will keep as it pertains to QB's?

There's nothing that will convince me otherwise, that 2 above average (preferably a top 5 and a top 10 guy, but two very good ones nonetheless), is about the only key to having a great team in 2 QB leagues, especially those that have 6 pt TD's. If all the other owners are planning on keeping 2 QB's, is the guy you've currently got at #2 going to be better or worse than what's left out there? You know all the top 10 guys are a given to be kept, but is there a chance an owner throws back a Romo, Dalton, Kaepernick, Foles, Rivers..ect..? My guess would be no, as I'd keep all those guys in a heartbeat in a 2 QB league. And on top of that, I wouldn't expect to be able to snatch your guy back in the instance that you do drop him, and it turns out that there are no better options out there, because everyone is always looking for that third QB that can fill in on those 2 bye weeks without losing to much of that advantage. Throwing the guy you have now back onto the pile, may end up moving you even further backwards at that spot.

I used different #2 QBs throughout the season. Was surprised I did so well. I ended up using Cousins for my championship game since RG3 was out. So no, I am NOT keeping Cousins. ;)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used different #2 QBs throughout the season. Was surprised I did so well. I ended up using Cousins for my championship game since RG3 was out. So no, I am NOT keeping Cousins. ;)

lol..ok fair enough
then I say
Stafford,
Murray,
Bush (in a PPR can't be thrown back)
Julio
and DJAX (those bonuses for 40-50+ yd TD's..there's no one better at it on your list than this guy)
And pray there's a Big Ben/Flacco type available on draft day

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray, Spiller, Julio, Patterson

Elite and electric!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so a 50yd passing TD from Stafford to Bush would look like this:
Stafford: 8pts + long TD bonus
Bush: 12pts + long TD bonus
Say this happens in the 4th qtr, and it puts them over their yardage thresholds, then they would get bonuses for that also. SO, that one play could potentially be a 40 - 50 point swing in your weekly match up?
I understand it is probably an unlikely scenario, but to even have the outside chance of that happening would make any owner a nervous wreck facing you. I'd have to get Bush in there for the last time it will probably be worth it in his career.

Murray
Bush
Julio
Spiller/Allen - which ever you think will be tougher to replace in your league

After that, I'd rank them:
DJax
Ellington
Patterson
Harvin/Maclin toss up - both have extensive injury histories, and could probably just be redrafted if you really like either of them.

I suggest either grabbing the best available QB with your first 2 picks, or if you think there is a chance any players slide, you could further stockpile WRs/RBs with your first 2, then try to get 3 QBs from the leftovers and hope one pans out. Not sure how long I'd wait to fill that QB2 spot though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow rough calls

Jones for sure
Murray next
Bush
Allen

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id go Patterson, djax, spiller, and julio

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
djax? nahh not in that system, and i want consisten production from patterson before i pass on proven guys

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Micro. I know you're looking for input, and a lot of the responders have mentioned Spiller, but I don't trust the guy. Since it's a 2-QB league and the top QB may fly off the board fast, I'd go with:

Stafford, Murray, Ellington and Julio.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rats I read it wrong. Then it becomes a toss-up for the 5th keeper between DJax and Spiller. And I'm not big on either. DJax seems to have the coaching staff's support for the moment. But Spiller should get the opportunities.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rats I read it wrong. Then it becomes a toss-up for the 5th keeper between DJax and Spiller. And I'm not big on either. DJax seems to have the coaching staff's support for the moment. But Spiller should get the opportunities.

allen?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Allen would be a good 5th choice. Sure. As I mentioned in another thread, the fact that Floyd missed nearly all of 2013, I just wonder if some are overvaluing Allen? Treff had the same thought as well.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Floyd too. Coma pick.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol..ok fair enough
then I say
Stafford,
Murray,
Bush (in a PPR can't be thrown back)
Julio
and DJAX (those bonuses for 40-50+ yd TD's..there's no one better at it on your list than this guy)
And pray there's a Big Ben/Flacco type available on draft day

This is what I've been leaning towards.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have not looked at the other responses, but those are some good options.

I would keep 2 RBs and 2 WRs.

Murray is a no brainer. PPR makes this decision tougher, but I would lean towards Ellington over Bush. He is younger and I am nervous about the Joique Bell affect on Bush. While I like Spiller just fine, I would not keep him over either of these.

As for the WRs, I would keep 2 of these 3: Jones, Allen, Patterson. There all have their pros and cons, but I would not consider any of the other guys you have listed.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not looked at the other responses, but those are some good options.

I would keep 2 RBs and 2 WRs.

Murray is a no brainer. PPR makes this decision tougher, but I would lean towards Ellington over Bush. He is younger and I am nervous about the Joique Bell affect on Bush. While I like Spiller just fine, I would not keep him over either of these.

As for the WRs, I would keep 2 of these 3: Jones, Allen, Patterson. There all have their pros and cons, but I would not consider any of the other guys you have listed.

I agree with everything you wrote, but I would still go Spiller over ellington or Bush... Spiller has the potential to be round one talent... THe others don't... So I would take the gamble for the potential ceiling... I just think he doesn't have any great Round one picks, so he may be behind the 8 ball a little... Taking a small gamble with Spiller could pay off huge... and worst case he is a step below ellington...