• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 5) Indiana Pacers vs. 4) Philadelphia 76ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
course i'd feel stronger about it if they had a healthy Embiid...

I hope the injury bug doesn't stick w/ him his entire career. He's talented & I always have liked watching the best the NBA has to offer no matter what team. Yeah I'm admitting I liked watching the Showtime Lakers, don't tell anyone.

#kobesstillanassole

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. You make sure you make the point you think you have.

Then, you want to say we don't need to rehash it.

Obviously, the last word is important to you so...

Enjoy.

Says the guy who had to have the last word.

I didn't have a point so much as disagreed with your assertion.

Simmons and Ingram are not having statistically similar seasons. Full stop.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
course i'd feel stronger about it if they had a healthy Embiid...

The reports are encouraging so far. He's back to do aerobic training. See how the next week goes but there is some optimism that he will be back for the 1st round.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really...?

that'd be cool...

I take these reports with a grain of salt though.

Based on initial prognosis was that he could return either at the beginning of the 1st round or somewhere in the 2nd round. And not returning at all is a distinct possibility.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take these reports with a grain of salt though.

Based on initial prognosis was that he could return either at the beginning of the 1st round or somewhere in the 2nd round. And not returning at all is a distinct possibility.

K, guess we'll see how it goes, but a healthy Embiid would up your odds considerably...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still have found nothing to back up your claim. Everyone of those comments was about fit. Which is exactly what Lakers fans said.

This means, it's time for you to stfu.

Magic Johnson or Kurt Rambus. Well we need a forward so I’d rather have Rambis. Uh huh

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is supposed to have more assists, he's the point guard. The Lakers have Lonzo to play point. Simmons also should have more rebounds than Ingram, it's more of his role than Ingrams. Ingram is a perimeter player.

I notice you also cherry picked and left out that Ingram free throw shooting is at 70% compared to Simmons 56% and Ingram shoots 39% from 3 compared to 0.0% for Simmons. Free throw shooting and 3 point shooting are also important parts of the game.

Again, I'm not sure why you Philly fans are trying to turn this into a discussion that it never was. Not one Lakers fan has said Ingram is better. We have all said that he's a better fit for the Lakers. Not sure what is so difficult to understand.

It's like none of you understand the concept of fit.

Nope, it was “We wouldnt won’t Simmons or Embiid”. It was “The Lakers have the better roster and brighter future” and you guys ripped me, Simmons and Embiid when I said Philly had the much better talent base. At least be honest.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. You really are a special kind of moron.

Not a single one of those quotes backs up the fact you claimed we said Ingram was better.

And I see you tried deflecting the discussion by putting irrelevant crap in there. When did this become a Lakers vs sixers 'who is better' discussion?

It was all last season when you ripped me for saying Philly had the more talented roster.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K, guess we'll see how it goes, but a healthy Embiid would up your odds considerably...

Wait... you think we can advance in the playoffs? Last summer you said I was bragging about who the tallest midget was LA or Philly. I guess we are the 50 win midget. Maybe you guys could have won 50 if Simmons “fit” your system.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. You really are a special kind of moron.

Not a single one of those quotes backs up the fact you claimed we said Ingram was better.

And I see you tried deflecting the discussion by putting irrelevant crap in there. When did this become a Lakers vs sixers 'who is better' discussion?

What? Go read the first one.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... you think we can advance in the playoffs? Last summer you said I was bragging about who the tallest midget was LA or Philly. I guess we are the 50 win midget. Maybe you guys could have won 50 if Simmons “fit” your system.

I don’t get people who are proudly touting the “I thought Ingram was a better fit” line. It means they thought DeAngelo Russell was good enough to skip over a potential generational talent. Maybe they didn’t say Ingram was better than Simmons, but what they’re saying isn’t much better.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get people who are proudly touting the “I thought Ingram was a better fit” line. It means they thought DeAngelo Russell was good enough to skip over a potential generational talent. Maybe they didn’t say Ingram was better than Simmons, but what they’re saying isn’t much better.

It’s really no big deal... it’s really just the names they called me and how they attacked me for saying Philly has the much better young talent. They said I was an idiot for thinking that. They said I was just making it all up because I was mad because they kept their pick last year. Now it’s, “Ingram isn’t old enough to say Simmons is better”. I guess I just had a bad taste cause we were just having a simple sports disagreement where I got called every name in the book and then I got warned I’ll get suspended while not calling any of them names. I’m sure they are all good guys but it was so blatantly obvious who had the better young roster and I got blasted for it... and I was proven right this season. I’m dropping it right now because it’s just sports talk.

Oh... and I completely agree with you. You draft best player not best fit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Amazing how so many Philly fans can't seem to grasp a simple concept and they just keep showing it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, it was “We wouldnt won’t Simmons or Embiid”. It was “The Lakers have the better roster and brighter future” and you guys ripped me, Simmons and Embiid when I said Philly had the much better talent base. At least be honest.

No, it's always been about fit. As I posted earlier and even posted prior to the draft...If Simmons were available, the Lakers would have to take him. But that in the long run, Ingram may ultimately be a better fit for what the Lakers want to do. A player can be a better fit for a team and not be better than another player.

As I have also pointed out, if both players continue to develop we could end up with a situation similar to Magic and Bird. Both are great players, Hall of Famers, etc. Had they switched teams, that wouldn't change. But I don't think anyone would disagree that Magic was a better fit for the Lakers and Bird a better fit for the Celtics.

Had the Lakers been able to draft Simmons, he would have been the better fit at the time because Russell was the PG and he is better suited to play the 2. The Lakers didn't get the opportunity to draft Simmons, so they took the next best guy...Ingram.

Since then, there has been another draft and the Lakers brought in Lonzo. This makes Ingram a better fit because he doesn't need the ball like Simmons would.

For some reason, some of you Sixers fans equate that as some kind knock on Simmons or claim that Lakers fans wouldn't want Simmons at the time of the draft.

Not sure why you guys have such a problem with Lakers fans being happy with Ingram and the direction of the team. One would think you guys would enjoy the fact that the process seems to be working and you are going to be in the playoffs instead of worrying about what Lakers fans think about Simmons.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get people who are proudly touting the “I thought Ingram was a better fit” line. It means they thought DeAngelo Russell was good enough to skip over a potential generational talent.

What the hell does this even mean? It doesn't mean anything re: Russell. It simply means that with what the Lakers want to do with Luke as coach, Ingram fits better. The other side of that is that Simmons fits better with the Sixers than Ingram would.

If Simmons and Ingram switched teams, the teams and players would get it figured out, but it likely wouldn't happen quite as easily as it did with their current teams. I also have little doubt that if they switched teams, both would still be very happy with who they got.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how so many Philly fans can't seem to grasp a simple concept and they just keep showing it.

I think it’s lakers fans that can’t grasp the concept, which is that the overall talent on the Lakers is garbage compared to the 76ers.

Status
Not open for further replies.