• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 5) Indiana Pacers vs. 4) Philadelphia 76ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look above and apologize!

Wow. You really are a special kind of moron.

Not a single one of those quotes backs up the fact you claimed we said Ingram was better.

And I see you tried deflecting the discussion by putting irrelevant crap in there. When did this become a Lakers vs sixers 'who is better' discussion?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. ChiefsLakersFan on saying why the Lakers would have taken Ingram #1 over Simmons... quite honestly i think for the big reason that Ingram's a better and more confident shooter...
Then FlyerHawk says, "Then you think LA would have taken Ingram over Simmons?" in my case yep...

So there you have it. A Laker fan saying Ingram is better then Simmons

2. TrueLakers fan on Simmons "I know he was the #1 pick, but that was last year. What has he done during the regular season since then to make you high on him. Kwame Brown was the #1 pick by Michael Jordan. How did that work out?"

2. ShaqDaddy on Simmons I don't want ANYONE on the Lakers that is clearly injury prone and is very doubtful they can play a full, let alone HALF a season.

3. Wamu If the 76ers are "miles ahead of the Lakers" why did Philly only win 2 more games than L.A. last year?:noidea: (Looks like I was right on them being miles ahead... No?)

4. VitaMike... I do, Ingram was the better fit with Russell already there.

Another Laker fan saying they'd rather have Ingram over Simmons

5. ChiefsLakers67 "c'mon, Lakers fans. bet me which franchise is gonna be the tallest midget next season"-PhoenixBeagles

ChiefsLakers67 talk about a waste of time...:rolleyes2: (Looks like we are the 3 seed to me!)

6. TrojanFan12 on Embiid and Simmons being Lakers... Furious? No. But I don't want either of them.
(So here he is saying he wouldnt want Simmons or Embiid on the 76ers)

7. ShaqDaddy...
They also got voted the most inconsistent team seeing as none of the young core have even played half a season together yet. So they could win 50 games, or they could win 20 games. We'll have to wait and see.

Until then, try to stop waving your dick around. (Can I wave my dick around now? No I cant. YOu told me to stop being a doush after 20 years of being irrelevant.)

8. ChiefsLakers on the Lakers getting Simmons instead of Ingram.... have no fear, they won't...

we like players who actually stay healthy...
:D

9. ChiefsLakers67 on who will be better next year (Philly or LA)
funny part was i already said i didn't side with either side being better and the fool STILL wants to make something of it...

I said it last post. he wants one of us to admit the 6'es are better. well, good luck with that...
(Care to admit it now?)

10. TrueLakersFan I would put Ingram ahead of Simmons. Simmons may yet be a good player and even better than Ingram, but he has yet to show it and has to catch up to Ingram first - I don't see how that can happen in less then two to three years

Its coming... but I dont know how to find random threads from the search bar.
??????

I typed in 2016 NBA draft and this immediately popped up.

So, can we move on?

I said awhile back that, for the Lakers, Ingram may actually end up being a better fit. Obviously, if the Lakers land the #1 pick, you have to take Simmons. But slipping to #2, might actually net them a guy who will have an easier time fitting in because he won't need the ball like Simmons does.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its coming... but I dont know how to find random threads from the search bar.
You said that they were statistically similar. They aren't. They are similar with one stat, scoring. They aren't similar in any other stat.
Simmons is better.

Part of the reason is because he has a grown man's body and Ingram still needs to be on a 1,000 cheeseburgers a day diet.

That is a huge advantage for Ben.

When both guys are at their physical peaks, then we can revisit the conversation.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it won't happen, but I am going to laugh my ass off if the Pacers were to get swept(I am secretly hoping that saying this will jinx the Pacers)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is better.

Part of the reason is because he has a grown man's body and Ingram still needs to be on a 1,000 cheeseburgers a day diet.

That is a huge advantage for Ben.

When both guys are at their physical peaks, then we can revisit the conversation.

That's fine with me. I don't predict the future so I have no idea what Simmons or Ingram will ultimately turn into.

As of right now, there aren't terribly comprable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine with me. I don't predict the future so I have no idea what Simmons or Ingram will ultimately turn into.

As of right now, there aren't terribly comprable.

So the Lakers fans are supposed to be upset they ended up with Ingram?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Lakers fans are supposed to be upset they ended up with Ingram?

Where did I say anything approaching that? I have repeatedly said that Ingram is a promising player who could be an all-star if he bulks up some. How in the world did you turn that into "Lakers fans should be upset they got Ingram"?

The Lakers never had a chance at Simmons the moment the ping ping balls dropped. Sure some Laker fans tried to rationalize that the Lakers always wanted Ingram over Simmons but that was just fan talk. So I have no idea why the Lakers would be upset with Ingram.

Stating that Simmons has been a level above Ingram so far in their respective careers is not a slight on Ingram.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
said SOME, not all...

I even said earlier you knew better than to judge both players at this stage of their careers...

Fair enough. Just pointing out that Shaqdaddy is looking to be aggrieved here. I have not said one negative thing about Ingram other than he doesn't, so far, look like a superstar.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguing that Simmons should have more rebounds and assists than Ingram is kinda besides the point. You said that they are statistically similar. They aren't.

It isn't beside the point. It is the point. They play different roles on their teams so you have to take that into account.

If you don't want to account for that, that's fine, there's really no point in discussing it further. We'll just disagree.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't beside the point. It is the point. They play different roles on their teams so you have to take that into account.

If you don't want to account for that, that's fine, there's really no point in discussing it further. We'll just disagree.

So how many assists would Simmons need to make per game to make the number significantly different? He's fourth in the league in assists currently.

Whatever, I think you realize that your claim was specious. We don't need to rehash it over and over.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am man enough to admit this: I wanted Ingram over Simmons. I had concerns that Simmons would not have a position in the NBA due to his lack of offense. At the time I like many people was envisioning him playing small forward.

Brett Brown is obviously a lot smarter than I am and saw he was a point and didn't mess with that, he played him there from the jump.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many assists would Simmons need to make per game to make the number significantly different? He's fourth in the league in assists currently.

Whatever, I think you realize that your claim was specious. We don't need to rehash it over and over.

Lol. You make sure you make the point you think you have.

Then, you want to say we don't need to rehash it.

Obviously, the last word is important to you so...

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am man enough to admit this: I wanted Ingram over Simmons. I had concerns that Simmons would not have a position in the NBA due to his lack of offense. At the time I like many people was envisioning him playing small forward.

Brett Brown is obviously a lot smarter than I am and saw he was a point and didn't mess with that, he played him there from the jump.

ok, it's official. Iggloo's a VERY cool cat...

he'll be even cooler if the 6ers somehow wipe LeClown outta the playoffs...:suds:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, it's official. Iggloo's a VERY cool cat...

he'll be even cooler if the 6ers somehow wipe LeClown outta the playoffs...:suds:

Okay here's my far fetched Finals scenario that really isn't going to happen but the thought of it would make you go :exploding:& that's funny to me.:D The Cavs beat the Rockets & LeBron's the MVP. You're welcome.:bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay here's my far fetched Finals scenario that really isn't going to happen but the thought of it would make you go :exploding:& that's funny to me.:D The Cavs beat the Rockets & LeBron's the MVP. You're welcome.:bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt:

nah, i see Philly taking LeClown and the Cavs in 6...

that's MY far fetched scenario...

Status
Not open for further replies.