• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 5) Indiana Pacers vs. 4) Philadelphia 76ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell does this even mean? It doesn't mean anything re: Russell. It simply means that with what the Lakers want to do with Luke as coach, Ingram fits better. The other side of that is that Simmons fits better with the Sixers than Ingram would.

If Simmons and Ingram switched teams, the teams and players would get it figured out, but it likely wouldn't happen quite as easily as it did with their current teams. I also have little doubt that if they switched teams, both would still be very happy with who they got.

I guess I misunderstood the point. Still seems like bad reasoning.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I misunderstood the point. Still seems like bad reasoning.

It's not when you consider the current rosters. The system the Lakers play would have been great for Simmons if they had been able draft him at the time. The Lakers needed someone who could run the offense and Russell wasn't that guy. Simmons would have been. He wasn't available, so the Lakers took Ingram. That meant either Russell was going to have to learn to play point guard in Luke's system or they were going to have to get a point guard through the draft, FA or trade. They tried to work with Russell. That didn't workout, so they moved him and got Lonzo. Lonzo's presence makes Ingram a better fit. He doesn't need the ball. Had the Lakers drafted Simmons, they wouldn't have taken Lonzo.

Had the Sixers ended up with Ingram, they would have been in a situation similar to the Lakers. Needing a guy to run their offense. Chances are, unless they believed Fultz could run their offense, they likely end up taking Lonzo and maybe the Lakers end up with Fultz?

End of the day, the drafts played out how they played out and both teams have a lot to look forward to. The Lakers are little farther behind than the Sixers because they had an idiot in charge for a couple of years. So they will likely need to look to free agency over this off-season and probably next to catch up.

While some folks blasted "the process" it was at least a plan...something Short Buss never had beyond "We're the Lakers, of course we'll get whoever we want" and the Sixers are now seeing that plan bear some real results.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew that Hurricane could have created a thread, that could be the wrong matchup, then it ends up creating butthurt for Laker fans :laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not when you consider the current rosters. The system the Lakers play would have been great for Simmons if they had been able draft him at the time. The Lakers needed someone who could run the offense and Russell wasn't that guy. Simmons would have been. He wasn't available, so the Lakers took Ingram. That meant either Russell was going to have to learn to play point guard in Luke's system or they were going to have to get a point guard through the draft, FA or trade. They tried to work with Russell. That didn't workout, so they moved him and got Lonzo. Lonzo's presence makes Ingram a better fit. He doesn't need the ball. Had the Lakers drafted Simmons, they wouldn't have taken Lonzo.

Had the Sixers ended up with Ingram, they would have been in a situation similar to the Lakers. Needing a guy to run their offense. Chances are, unless they believed Fultz could run their offense, they likely end up taking Lonzo and maybe the Lakers end up with Fultz?

End of the day, the drafts played out how they played out and both teams have a lot to look forward to. The Lakers are little farther behind than the Sixers because they had an idiot in charge for a couple of years. So they will likely need to look to free agency over this off-season and probably next to catch up.

While some folks blasted "the process" it was at least a plan...something Short Buss never had beyond "We're the Lakers, of course we'll get whoever we want" and the Sixers are now seeing that plan bear some real results.

I think the Lakers are a lot further behind. Some improvement over last season but not much, kinda sucks they will have about a 10th pick in this loaded draft. Maybe they should try and trade up. (can’t remember the last time that has happned in a NBA draft lol)

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers are a lot further behind. Some improvement over last season but not much, kinda sucks they will have about a 10th pick in this loaded draft. Maybe they should try and trade up. (can’t remember the last time that has happned in a NBA draft lol)

They don't.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it. Just stop it. We had a loooong thread about who has the brighter future and YOU absolutely ripped me for saying Philly over LA. You guys were all saying you’d rather have Ingram. I have to go to a Quince now but I’ll find the thread later.

You are coming across as a major douche-nozzle.

And you send me PM's why Handi and Steelers pick on you?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you’d be OK with one pretty good player or one emerging superstar star. Suuuure

Let's see who stays healthy for their career.

Ingram isn't Kuzma, he has a good chance to also be a superstar. Simmons is playing with better talent at the moment.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, that's like saying the Heat or Raptors were not okay with Wade or Bosh when neither Team had the ability to choose James instead.

The Lakers didn't pass on Simmons, he was off the board and out of their reach.

So, why wouldn't they be happy with the guy they got?

BOOM.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out.....the little bitch will start crying and say he's being picked on.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I said you guys would waaaaaay rather have Simmons and you posted the above nonsense. And now you should accept that Simmons is waaaay better than Ingram just like I said he be.

Their careers aren't over, dumb ass.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 different players, hard to compare them.

One is a playmaker and the other is more of a scorer.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how many assists would Simmons need to make per game to make the number significantly different? He's fourth in the league in assists currently.

Whatever, I think you realize that your claim was specious. We don't need to rehash it over and over.

This is why comparing 2 different type players is stupid.

Like 2 morons comparing MJ to Magic.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers don't have their pick.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't say a lot further, but definitely behind. Having a dumbass running things hurt. As we've seen, a teams fortunes can literally change in 1 off-season though.

Your Cavs are proof of this. 1 season they are in the lottery, then Lebron gets homesick and they're in the finals the next season.

Also, had the Lakers not been focused on development rather than winning, I expect they would be closer to 40 wins or so because Ball and Ingram, among others, wouldn't have sat out nearly as many games as they did.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s lakers fans that can’t grasp the concept, which is that the overall talent on the Lakers is garbage compared to the 76ers.

You just keep right on embarrassing yourself.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say a lot further, but definitely behind. Having a dumbass running things hurt. As we've seen, a teams fortunes can literally change in 1 off-season though.

Your Cavs are proof of this. 1 season they are in the lottery, then Lebron gets homesick and they're in the finals the next season.

Also, had the Lakers not been focused on development rather than winning, I expect they would be closer to 40 wins or so because Ball and Ingram, among others, wouldn't have sat out nearly as many games as they did.

Yeah, the Mozgov and Deng contracts really hamstrung you.

One of my concerns for the Lakers is if they strike out in FA, they will most likely wind up with a late lottery or mid teen pick if they make the playoffs next season. You don't want to get stuck in that middle mediocrity mcuk that so many teams get trapped in.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Mozgov and Deng contracts really hamstrung you.

One of my concerns for the Lakers is if they strike out in FA, they will most likely wind up with a late lottery or mid teen pick if they make the playoffs next season. You don't want to get stuck in that middle mediocrity mcuk that so many teams get trapped in.

The Deng contract is still hurting. That was a true Short Buss masterpiece. lol

I'm not too worried if they strike out in FA. If that happens, I expect they will find a couple more Brooke Lopez and KCP type players to sign to 1 year deals so they can preserve their cap space for the 2019 off-season.

I just pray that Magic and Pelinka don't do a panic type move and sign a couple of "2nd tier guys" to 1st tier contracts. That would put them in that middle mediocre area. Then it would be pray that both Ingram and Ball develop into stars...or be a 5-8 seed level team for the foreseeable future.

They seem to have a good plan and their moves have been more or less spot on, so I doubt they do that. But you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.