• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 5) Indiana Pacers vs. 4) Philadelphia 76ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally no one said it did. But fit is extremely important and does balance it out to an extent. If it didn't, OKC should be a much better team than they are.
I literally have said this at least 3 times.
I'll say it a 4th.
If the Lakers had the #1 pick in that draft, they would have taken Simmons. Simmons would have been the better fit because the Lakers point guard at that time was D'Angelo Russell who was better suited to play the 2. The Lakers didn't have the #1 pick, so they took the next best guy...Ingram.
Now that the Lakers have Lonzo, Ingram is a better fit.
Again, don't understand why you Sixers fans are trying to make this discussion into something it wasn't.

Let's say Lakers had #1 pick ... Simmons & Ingram were both available and top 2 players ... and the Lakers already had Lonzo. Are you saying the Lakers would take Ingram ? That would be crazy. (if nothing else -- take Simmons and trade him for Ingram and another really good asset)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say Lakers had #1 pick ... Simmons & Ingram were both available and top 2 players ... and the Lakers already had Lonzo. Are you saying the Lakers would take Ingram ? That would be crazy. (if nothing else -- take Simmons and trade him for Ingram and another really good asset)
That's a unfair question because the situation is reversed.

Maybe if they took Simmons, which they would have if they had the top pick, they would have then taken Tatum, DSJ or Fox, instead of Lonzo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is basically a lock to be an all star for years and years to come. Hes the exact type of guy you hope and wish and pray for when you get a high lotto pick.

Ingram could be a very solid player.

I do not see the debate here.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- there might not be 10 guys in the NBA id rather have long term over Simmons.--- and the scary thing is- if Embiid is healthy- he might be one of them.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean is there something I am missing? T ---- Simmons and Ingram came in the same draft--- Simmons just made the all star team, has played 79 games, is averaging 16, 8 and 8, and has his team in the 3 seed.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean is there something I am missing? T ---- Simmons and Ingram came in the same draft--- Simmons just made the all star team, has played 79 games, is averaging 16, 8 and 8, and has his team in the 3 seed.

Fans are fans.

Which is why a Celtics fan would want to believe that there is much difference between Tatum and Simmons and a Lakers fan would believe there isn't much difference between Ingram and Simmons.

They objectively realize that Simmons has played dramatically better but our inner homer is always going to look for reasons to argue a counter-factual and in this case it is about using the uncertainty of the future.

Nothing wrong with that. We all do it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

You are missing the fact that the argument has basically morphed into the telephone game.

One person made a statement and as it gets repeated it has been taken out of context.

There is no way Ingram is better than Simmons NOW.

There is no way the Lakers would have taken Ingram if they had the #1pick.

But, there is also no reason for Lakers fans to be UPSET that they have Ingram.

You can only be upset if you had an actual chance to get the better guy.

I'm sure Riley would have loved to have LeBron. But, do you think he was UPSET he got Wade?

That's the crux of the argument here.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

You are missing the fact that the argument has basically morphed into the telephone game.

One person made a statement and as it gets repeated it has been taken out of context.

There is no way the Lakers would have taken Ingram if they have the #1pick.

I'm sure Riley would have loved to have LeBron. But, do you think he was UPSET he got Wade?

absolutely PERFECT breakdown...:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

i mean Wade is a HOF'er- so no...is Ingram a hall of famer?

I just think the Lakers got kind of unlucky in the drafts that they got the #2 pick. Sometimes the #2 pick is Durant, sometimes you get Curry or Porzingis or whatever a little later down---sometimes you get Thabeet...I mean shit-- the Cavs got Bennett at #1 and the best they prob could have realistically done in that draft is take Oladipo at #1 which still would have been a relative huge disappointment. Oladipo is really good- but- I mean- whats his ceiling ? 2-3 all star games and the 2nd or 3rd best player on a legitimate title contender?

Ben Simmons can be the #1 player on a legitimate title contender.

If I was picking #2 and i got Ingram I would be bummed just because picking that high gives you a chance at a franchise altering player- and while I think Ingram can still be very good- akin to an Oladipo and the fabulous work he is doing with the Pacers- leading them to the #5 seed and making the all star team--- when you pick #2 you want that franchise altering player

i mean- shit- the Sixers had to have a bunch of shots at it --- out of Okafor, Simmons, Embiid, Fultz, Saric--- they hit 2--- about 40%.....looks like they missed terribly on Okafor and Fultz.....the Cavs "missed" on Waiters, Bennett, Thompson in the top 5 on a franchise player-- and of course hit on Bron and Kyrie- about 40%.....

When my team is drafting in the top 2 --- ideally you come away with an All NBA type stud that has the potential to change your franchise...do you think thats Ingram?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahahaha, hey @trojanfan12 , PE1 did this same routine, almost verbatim, on the NFL board. Starts out with a general topic, puts words in peoples' mouths, claims ignorance and self loathing, asks for explanation for his oppression and then claims he was mistreated and called boo boo names.

If you are going to stick by the same standards that you have been policing the last three years, what do you think about this particular troll?

Looks like y'all are having fun taking care of him yourselves. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tristan Thompson > Ben Simmons:noidea:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

An argument, can I get in on this? It doesn't even have to be this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.