• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 5) Indiana Pacers vs. 4) Cleveland Cavaliers

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you guys this is the route he would try to go if he leaves the Cavs.

Just like Paul.

But, I don't see how this would work without including Capela.

Even if they get multiple teams involved, they still don't have a combination of players on their roster that would net you a guy like Lebron, outside of the beard.

The prevailing thought from outside the Cavaliers is that LeBron forces a trade rather than walking away. Much like his good friend Chris Paul, LeBron can choose to opt into his final contract year and push his way to a team with existing stars – like Houston. The fact that teams like the Lakers and even the Philadelphia 76ers could sign him outright in free agency gives him some leverage.

Basketball Insiders

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mIOLh9tj

rian Windhorst‏Verified account @WindhorstESPN 2h2 hours ago
Pacers have only doubled teamed LeBron James 16 times in series & did so just once in Game 5. Facing elimination tonight, will they change strategy?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ndiana has double-teamed James on only 16 plays in the first five games, according to ESPN Stats & Information tracking, which is less than 4 percent of the 449 plays in which he has been involved on offense. The Pacers brought only one double-team in Game 5 and it was in the first quarter.

This is why LeBron has to carry so much of the load---- he is getting single teamed and Indiana is staying at home against the shooters.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ndiana has double-teamed James on only 16 plays in the first five games, according to ESPN Stats & Information tracking, which is less than 4 percent of the 449 plays in which he has been involved on offense. The Pacers brought only one double-team in Game 5 and it was in the first quarter.

This is why LeBron has to carry so much of the load---- he is getting single teamed and Indiana is staying at home against the shooters.

If I'm Indy, I'm switching that up a little to try to confuse him a bit. I change it up by increasing the double teams some, but not enough that he knows when it's coming. I'd also try to change where the double is coming from as well.

At this point in his career, he's seen everything and is going to adjust. If you double him a lot, he's just going to concentrate on getting the ball to open teammates, rebounding and probably get a triple double or come damn close.

If you single cover him a lot, he's going to go into scoring mode and drop 40+ on you while still getting 5 or 6 assists.

At least by switching things up more, you can hopefully make him uncomfortable and keep him from developing any kind of rhythm to his game.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to get excited about tonights game but the Pacers have ruined hope for me. I know they'll turn the ball over 20 times and I know there will be many moments late in the game where they could end it, but won't leaving Cleveland enough room to win it in the end.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to get excited about tonights game but the Pacers have ruined hope for me. I know they'll turn the ball over 20 times and I know there will be many moments late in the game where they could end it, but won't leaving Cleveland enough room to win it in the end.

Don't give up hope little ducky. quack-quack

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who the hell are you and what have you done with the overly optimistic OD that we know and love?

The real OD would never post this doom and gloom crap.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that and the fact that the rest of the Cavs team is shit.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that and the fact that the rest of the Cavs team is shit.
the Cavs will be representing the East once again- because as much as you want to believe that- its not true

3-10 they are as talented as anyone in the East besides a healthy Boston team--- and with Kyrie having 3 surgeries on the same knee and Hayward snapping his leg like a twig- those 2 guys might never reach their pre-injury heights again.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs will be representing the East once again- because as much as you want to believe that- its not true

3-10 they are as talented as anyone in the East besides a healthy Boston team--- and with Kyrie having 3 surgeries on the same knee and Hayward snapping his leg like a twig- those 2 guys might never reach their pre-injury heights again.

Respectfully dis-agree, dont think Lebron overcomes this horrific roster of his this time

But Im pulling for it

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I responded to this nonsense already and you just ignored it.

The only teams that have less depth than the Cavs in the East are the Wizards and Bucks.

JR Smith has been terrible all season and has upped his shittiness to new levels in the post-season.

It's hard to tell the difference between George Hill is playing and when he is out due to injury.

Tristan Thompson and Kendrick Perkins? I don't even know where to go with that.

Jose Calderon was never good, per se, but old age has robbed him of what little utility he had.

Of your 3-10 the only ones that have any real value are Korver and Nance. Maybe Clarkson in limited situations and maybe Hood in a few years.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only teams that have less depth than the Cavs in the East are the Wizards and Bucks.

JR Smith has been terrible all season and has upped his shittiness to new levels in the post-season.

It's hard to tell the difference between George Hill is playing and when he is out due to injury.

Tristan Thompson and Kendrick Perkins? I don't even know where to go with that.

Jose Calderon was never good, per se, but old age has robbed him of what little utility he had.

Of your 3-10 the only ones that have any real value are Korver and Nance. Maybe Clarkson in limited situations and maybe Hood in a few years.

JR Smith has that unique skill of not only being terrible, but making some decisions that actually have you believing he is playing for the other team

Reactions: LAD

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR Smith has that unique skill of not only being terrible, but making some decisions that actually have you believing he is playing for the other team

He was huge when the Cavs won the title 2 years ago and he wound up bending the Cavs over a barrel and..

giphy.gif

He'll be stealing 30 million from the Cavs over the next 2 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shit like this just makes it clear you dont watch the games.

If JR Smith wasnt playing this series would easily be over by now and NOT in the Cavs favor. There is a reason the Cavs have been playing VERY good defense- and why Oladipo has struggled recently- and the biggest reason besides LeBron is JR SMITH.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shit like this just makes it clear you dont watch the games.

If JR Smith wasnt playing this series would easily be over by now and NOT in the Cavs favor. There is a reason the Cavs have been playing VERY good defense- and why Oladipo has struggled recently- and the biggest reason besides LeBron is JR SMITH.

Ugh. Sure. I guess Smiths 31% FG is just fine and dandy with you.

I asked you this last time and you didn't respond so I'll ask again.

If Lebron James is the best player in basketball and if the Cavs have the best 3-10 of any team in the East then why are they struggling so much with the #5 seed?

Here's your awesome 3-10

JR Smith
George Hill
Larry Nance
Kyle Korver
Rodney Hood
Jordan Clarkson
Jose Calderon

Let's compare to the Sixers, although not the only team you could do this with

JJ Reddick
Dario Saric
Robert Covington
Ersan Ilyasova
Marco Bellinelli
Amir Johson
TJ McConnell

There is not one player on the Cavs list I would take before the Sixers starters. I would probably take Hill over McConnell although it is close. Nance and Johnson are about a wash.

And don't bother with the "They are still getting used to each other" nonsense. How they play together is central to their impact to the game.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you guys this is the route he would try to go if he leaves the Cavs.

Just like Paul.

But, I don't see how this would work without including Capela.

Even if they get multiple teams involved, they still don't have a combination of players on their roster that would net you a guy like Lebron, outside of the beard.

The prevailing thought from outside the Cavaliers is that LeBron forces a trade rather than walking away. Much like his good friend Chris Paul, LeBron can choose to opt into his final contract year and push his way to a team with existing stars – like Houston. The fact that teams like the Lakers and even the Philadelphia 76ers could sign him outright in free agency gives him some leverage.

Basketball Insiders
Why would LeBron want to have the team he's going to join to win rings trade away assets to get him?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would LeBron want to have the team he's going to join to win rings trade away assets to get him?

I was a bit confused about that as well. Unless they needed to do so to clear cap issues.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because they would have to in order to get him. It seems like the only contender level team that could sign Lebron outright is the Sixers and they would still have to clear about $10 million or so to fit him in (not difficult to do). Anyone else would have to trade some assets. As long as they're not trading any other max level players (like CP3 or The Beard for the Rockets), you make that trade, imo.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.....The Big 4 in GSW will be broken up before LeBron leaves Cleveland- thats for sure. You got 1 more year after this one. Better make it count.
Somebody book mark this post please- I'm sure we'll need it when he's eating crow sooner rather than later. :L