• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 5) Indiana Pacers vs. 4) Cleveland Cavaliers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's because they're mad that he used to get compared to Kobe. You'd think that now that he's clearly surpassed Kobe on the GOAT list, they'd give it up by now.

Really?!? That was settled a long time ago. Even the worst of the Kobe Kids say that Lebron is the better player and ranks higher on the all time list.

There are maybe 1 or 2 Lakers fans who still try to rank Kobe higher, but no one takes them seriously anyway.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? That was settled a long time ago. Even the worst of the Kobe Kids say that Lebron is the better player and ranks higher on the all time list.

There are maybe 1 or 2 Lakers fans who still try to rank Kobe higher, but no one takes them seriously anyway.

I meant you’d think they’d give up being mad at Lee Brown because he’s better than Kobe.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sarge was referring to all the “Lee Brown will look great in a Lakers uni” talk.

He would look good in a Lakers uni, disappearing hairline and all. Not sure why that makes Lakers fans vultures. Pretty sure there are fans of 29 other teams that think he'd look good in their uni too.

He's the best player in the world ffs. Any team that can create the cap space will be trying to land him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd get some vets that would play for the minimum.

Wade most notably (if he doesn't retire)......he's still good for 15-20mpg off the bench.....just look at him this summer. In limited mpg he can still ball.
Not Wade.

He said Miami or retirement.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant you’d think they’d give up being mad at Lee Brown because he’s better than Kobe.

Again, don't see anyone claiming they are mad at him or dislike him for being better than Kobe. I'm not a fan of his, but I still want him on the Lakers because it would vault them back up among the best teams in the league.

I didn't like Kobe much either, but I appreciated the wins and titles. I'd feel the same about Lebron.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some Lakers fans who still don't believe that Lebron is better and a couple that legit don't want him on the Lakers.

I don't understand not wanting the best player in the NBA on your team.

But, I do understand irrational hate.

I hated Kobe. But, I would have been cheering if he signed with the Clippers in his prime.

But, I would go full nomad if they ever signed Marcus Smart.

I fucking hate that kid.

#Irrational

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade most notably (if he doesn't retire)......he's still good for 15-20mpg off the bench.....just look at him this summer. In limited mpg he can still ball.

Agree with @Mecca...I think he retires a Heat either this off season or next.

Maaaaaybe, if Lebron goes to the Lakers, he can persuade D-Wade to give it one more shot...but I doubt it. It'd be a pretty long shot, imo. Worth a phone call, but very unlikely.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand not wanting the best player in the NBA on your team.

Yeah, I respect those fans opinion, but don't agree with it. You get a chance to get the best player in the league, you take that chance regardless of how you feel about him.

Was never an MJ fan. In fact, as a high school coach during some of his title years, I used to say that he was ruining basketball. But I'd have been very happy if he had decided he wanted to play for the Lakers. lol

As they say..."Winning is the best deodorant".

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,146.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers most likely will just stretch Deng, that's what I'm expecting.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with @Mecca...I think he retires a Heat either this off season or next.

Maaaaaybe, if Lebron goes to the Lakers, he can persuade D-Wade to give it one more shot...but I doubt it. It'd be a pretty long shot, imo. Worth a phone call, but very unlikely.
Yeah, only because he actually said it the other day.

Miami or nothing.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.....or another experienceed vet.
If they landed those two guys, you won't have a problem finding guys that want to take a last swing at a ring, or want more exposure for their next deal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers most likely will just stretch Deng, that's what I'm expecting.
No matter what?

Or

Do they wait to see if they land a shark?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, only because he actually said it the other day.avs

Miami or nothing.

Yeah, I think after the Bulls and Cavs experiments, he appreciates the Heat more.

Like I said, it would be worth Lebron making a call or shooting him a text to see if he would at least listen, but that statement tells me he's done with playing anywhere but Miami.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, don't see anyone claiming they are mad at him or dislike him for being better than Kobe.

Oh yeah? What about these?

That rotten son of a bitch in Cleveland is so much better than Kobe and I fucking HATE him for it!

Lebron James is a fucking asshole.

<hugs Kobe Bryant action figure, as a single tear rolls down cheek>

I done see it one day where some whippersnapper said that Me-bron James is better than Kobe was, and I got so damn mad I coulda spit! I told that son of a bitch, "if I was eighty years younger, I'd box your ears!"

<calms down, puts dentures back in mouth>

And really, Trojan, you don't remember this?
I am mad at Lebron James and dislike him for being better than Kobe

It's all over this thread, my friend. You just need to know where to look for it.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah? What about these?

And really, Trojan, you don't remember this?

It's all over this thread, my friend. You just need to know where to look for it.
Slinkster, making friends already this fine morning?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what?

Or

Do they wait to see if they land a shark?

Interesting question. If they land 2 sharks...they'll have no choice but to stretch him.

But if they only land one?

I think that would depend on how Randle affects the cap. If they only land 1, I think they will match what Randle is offered (within reason). I'm not sure if matching his offer would mean having to stretch Deng. Probably depends on what the offer is.

If they don't land 2, not stretching him may be the best option long term. They'd have to eat his $18 million or whatever this coming season. But it's likely that they could trade his expiring contract in the next off-season which would take him completely off the books. In time for what should be an FA class with more max guys available.