• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. This loss feels alful in so many ways. I start withthe negatives and finish with the positives.
Negatives: I knew we lost this game when Gudas turn over the puck not once, but twice which led to 2 goals to tie it at the end of the 2nd period. Gudas has to go. I'm done with this guy. The story of this series was turnovers and who would captalize on mistakes. The Pens took full advantage. Our PP was horrible.
Positives: I thought Neuvirth played solid today, but our defense was not up to the challenge. Clearing the puck out of zone continues to kill us. Couts was amazing, especially on his SH goal. I thought our youngsters played fairly well today. It was a learning experience and hopefully they take this into next season.
My opinion what needs to happen during the offseason: I think trading Wayne Train may be the right choice now. His value is still good and he is replaceable now. We need a good draft and possibly make some additions via FA. Goaltending will need to be addressed possibly?

On another note did anyone know Couts played with a torn MCL in this seriez? What a trooper he is.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Provorov is not anywhere near 100% physically right now either, Simmonds and Gudas too, but also several of our other players.

Either way, there's an open book here and Hexy can do a lot to tweak this team to make it better in the offseason and training camp without mortgaging the future.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Provorov is not anywhere near 100% physically right now either, Simmonds and Gudas too, but also several of our other players.

Either way, there's an open book here and Hexy can do a lot to tweak this team to make it better in the offseason and training camp without mortgaging the future.
Let's start the chant Tavares!!!:suds:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to lose always

Proud that they had some fight
Lots to do in the offseason to tighten up the D and Goaltending.

2 first rounders. Young guys all got a good taste of playoff hockey. This team will be a powerhouse soon.

Do we wait and hope that Hart is the answer in net? or do we go after Carey Price in the offseason

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Mav its the summer for our team, send over your Avi and i will put it up.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherry is hovering over Konecny crosschecking him in the back multiple times with the ref watching. He finally skates away. Konecny gets up and looks at the ref and says WTF. Ref just shrugs his shoulders basically saying what do you want me to do. Konecny then gets pissed and crosschecks Sherry back. Arm goes up and somehow the ref decides I will call them both. Now if he calls the blatant crosscheck to begin with the other never happens but apparently the Flyers have no choice but to retaliate against the pens or this happens over and over. Sickening but not even close to the trip on Coots and goal after. At some point fans have to call out the BHL for this shit. We pay good money for tickets and just want a fair fight. If we lose fine but sure is a lot tougher when you have to deal with this crap. Fix this Bettman or please get the fuck out of here...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherry is hovering over Konecny crosschecking him in the back multiple times with the ref watching. He finally skates away. Konecny gets up and looks at the ref and says WTF. Ref just shrugs his shoulders basically saying what do you want me to do. Konecny then gets pissed and crosschecks Sherry back. Arm goes up and somehow the ref decides I will call them both. Now if he calls the blatant crosscheck to begin with the other never happens but apparently the Flyers have no choice but to retaliate against the pens or this happens over and over. Sickening but not even close to the trip on Coots and goal after. At some point fans have to call out the BHL for this shit. We pay good money for tickets and just want a fair fight. If we lose fine but sure is a lot tougher when you have to deal with this crap. Fix this Bettman or please get the fuck out of here...
The worst part of these calls are they were in our house.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft lottery is Saturday. If the Blues are either 14 or 15 we have (2) 1st. If they move up to 1 - 3, then they keep it. Right now it looks like we have 19 guys under contract next year. Leier and Hagg are RFA's and Leier is probably not resigned. Read a Flipper are probably gone. Although Manning is a relatively cheap option as a 7th dman, they probably let him walk. We should have about $15 mill to fill 2 forward and 1 defense spot. If Morin or Meyers can make the jump, then defense is set. From everything I read, Frost will be given a real shot to make the team. That leaves a ton of money to sign 1 forward. JVR, Neal or Evander Kane all bring 20 + goals and definately fit under the cap.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft lottery is Saturday. If the Blues are either 14 or 15 we have (2) 1st. If they move up to 1 - 3, then they keep it. Right now it looks like we have 19 guys under contract next year. Leier and Hagg are RFA's and Leier is probably not resigned. Read a Flipper are probably gone. Although Manning is a relatively cheap option as a 7th dman, they probably let him walk. We should have about $15 mill to fill 2 forward and 1 defense spot. If Morin or Meyers can make the jump, then defense is set. From everything I read, Frost will be given a real shot to make the team. That leaves a ton of money to sign 1 forward. JVR, Neal or Evander Kane all bring 20 + goals and definately fit under the cap.
Its hysterical to me that one of our needs is a top 6 forward that will bring 20+ goals in which we are looking to sign.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to lose always

Proud that they had some fight
Lots to do in the offseason to tighten up the D and Goaltending.

2 first rounders. Young guys all got a good taste of playoff hockey. This team will be a powerhouse soon.

Do we wait and hope that Hart is the answer in net? or do we go after Carey Price in the offseason
Carey price please.