• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel a lot better about this team after that win. Didn’t go down without a fight.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel a lot better about this team after that win. Didn’t go down without a fight.

Amen. They showed up and played with a lot of moxy from the opening face off.
Hope that Provorov is okay...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a heart and soul victory tonight. It was some serious poetic justice that Filppula scored a shorthanded goal to tie it after they whistled us for two phantom penalties. Crosby took an obvious dive and Dumoulin toe-picked, but they still called penalties on us. Not only did we kill them all off, we scored once.

We got the first power play of the game 7 minutes in and didn't have another the rest of the game. I think the officiating was a joke, quite frankly, but we powered through it.

Sean Couturier with the enormous, clutch goal to win it late in regulation. Yes, he got a fortunate bounce, but I think we had earned it at that point. We definitely took our pound of flesh out of them in this one, but it makes you wonder where this kind of effort was in games one, three and four.

Hopefully Couturier, Provorov and Giroux are alright. Where exactly was the interference call on Oleksiak when he steamrolled Giroux in the middle of the ice and the puck was nowhere in sight? Nobody even mentioned that and G appeared hurt on the play.

It's just not right when the Pens know they can dive and get calls. Their power play is so good that they might as well flop all over the fucking ice. It's going to lead to a win more times than not because the refs aren't calling the unsportsmanlike only or even at all. We had the answer while shorthanded tonight, but where in the fuck was that adjustment earlier in the series when we really needed it? Or fucking all season long!? Lol

Neuvy made the big saves he needed to, but just when you think he's going to stand on his head and shut Shitsburgh out, he gives up two soft ones. It's still probably enough to earn him another start in Philly, provided he doesn't get hurt between now and Sunday afternoon.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coutourier was really great. So subtly strong on his skates.

There was a lot to hang your hat on. It was only one game, but it was great to see.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48 hits to 25 in our favor last night also. For me, it's critical for us to play with that edge against the Pens, especially when they don't have Hornqvist, who is probably their main agitator and physical presence.

The only way for us to win this is to continue to take the body hard and clean. The Pens didn't earn those five power plays last night, but we killed them off anyway. Obviously the shortie by Filppula was huge after Neuvy had given up a couple soft ones. For God's sake, cover the side of the net for once!! That should be a routine play and he keeps letting guys stuff it home.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Provorov had 35 shifts and played over half of the game. That's ridiculous. We finally have a tower of power on defense, which we really haven't had since Pronger, and even then he was past his prime. This kid is just newly 21 years old though.

It's just great to see some of our youngest players maturing right before our very eyes.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the Flyers don't have a 3rd period meltdown. I suspect the Pens will be firing everything on the net plus the kitchen sink. I hope we stay out of the penalty boc and are able to clear the puck out of our zone. This 3rd period will have me biting my fingernails down to my knuckles. I have seen this movie many times this season.

You all should thank me for going penguins.

Go Flyers!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48 hits to 25 in our favor last night also. For me, it's critical for us to play with that edge against the Pens, especially when they don't have Hornqvist, who is probably their main agitator and physical presence.

The only way for us to win this is to continue to take the body hard and clean. The Pens didn't earn those five power plays last night, but we killed them off anyway. Obviously the shortie by Filppula was huge after Neuvy had given up a couple soft ones. For God's sake, cover the side of the net for once!! That should be a routine play and he keeps letting guys stuff it home.

But how of those wicked shots would of gotten past Elliott???

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how of those wicked shots would of gotten past Elliott???

It's tough to say, but I did say Neuvy probably earned another start. That said, he gave up two rather soft goals last night. It was all he gave up, but if he's stopping the difficult ones, you expect him to stop the easier ones. It could've cost us, but it didn't in the end.

We're fighting a losing battle if Neuvy doesn't rise to the occasion because Murray is usually pretty good.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PK and Filpula carry them to victory. Just like we all predicted. This team is nuts.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PK and Filpula carry them to victory. Just like we all predicted. This team is nuts.

I think the overall physicality, Giroux finally lighting the lamp, Provorov playing literally half the game and the return of Couturier also helped us get another win in their building.

16-4 in the playoffs when Giroux scores. Keep it rolling, G!!

Nice to see Read find the back of the net as well, even if only on the empty net. He's been a great penalty killer and fine addition to the bottom nine since he came up from the Phantoms. Should have a lot more goals too. That one was overdue.

Who would've predicted we'd be 2-1 in Pittsburgh and 0-2 in Philly in this series? Absolutely nobody.

Have to keep pounding them to slow them down, plant a seed of doubt and get a big home victory tomorrow afternoon. All hands on deck for this one.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice last-minute goal to stave-off elimination. Can this team sustain a winning effort for two more games?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is streaky winning two more games is not impossible by any means. Tomorrow should be a blast!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is streaky winning two more games is not impossible by any means. Tomorrow should be a blast!

I think we could be slowly wearing them down physically. A 48-25 hits edge in game 5 is pretty significant, almost double even. If we can manage to come out strong and bang bodies again in game 6 along with some timely saves and goal scoring, it might be hell for them in game 7. We're already 2-1 in their building in this series, if we can just manage a win this afternoon, literally all of the pressure is on them in the deciding game.

Get an early lead and use the crowd. We need to be physical though, I stress that more than anything.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We accomplished everything we wanted to in period one, but two, simple, blown coverages and it's a tie game. At least we recovered from it, but that was mostly a dominant opening frame and we should have the lead right now.

I mean covering Criesby right after a faceoff and covering a guy that is alone right in front of our net? The answer to this shit is easy.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gudas has to get the puck out ridiculous....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gudas needa to go he's singlehandedly killing his own team. Not sure why he's gotten so bad injured?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Gudas out of there asap. He is getting exposed left and right. If we manage to still somehow win this game despite his ineptitude, I would bench him for game 7. This is an absolute disgrace. Should probably be at least 4-2 Flyers and it's tied.

I'm sure he is playing hurt, but his decision making is God awful. He's so fucking scared to ice the puck that he just turns it over or tries to stick handle through their whole team and this is all in his own zone too.