• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too slow and too soft.

Just not enough fight and it is embarrassing, especially on our home ice.

The main problem here is that no matter how much pressure we put on them (which wasn't much in game 4), Murray seems to have the answer. Then they get one rush out of nowhere and it's in the back of our net. That's pretty fucking demoralizing for everyone involved.

It's a combination of Murray being much better than our best goalie and also the Pens just having that clutch finishing ability that we lack.

The prime example of this is when we had two completely dominant shifts late in period one and never got the reward. Then, the Pens get one rush and Kessel beats Ellliott on a shot he probably should've had. That is crushing.

There's not enough discipline either. It's just not acceptable in a lot of ways.

That said, lessons will be learned from this and we'll be better for it next season, no matter how far this series goes.

Last edited:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could rate this Fuckin hilarious I would, Now we know he don't know shit!
This has been a rough stretch for you eh? Flyers and Avs facing elimination together. You better get that bong ready..:doobs: It's going to be rough until next season my brother.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a rough stretch for you eh? Flyers and Avs facing elimination together. You better get that bong ready..:doobs: It's going to be rough until next season my brother.
Actually the Av's have been exciting and in all of the games except game 2. It's been very competitive what a true young team learning experience is. If the Flyers lost this way I'd have no complaints, either way I'll be on my way to Nevada tomorrow so I'll miss both games.:sly:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Av's have been exciting and in all of the games except game 2. It's been very competitive what a true young team learning experience is. If the Flyers lost this way I'd have no complaints, either way I'll be on my way to Nevada tomorrow so I'll miss both games.:sly:
Have fun and drive safely. What brothels are you hitting up?:D

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couturier has to return. Virtually everyone has to be better, especially guys like Giroux and Ghost. Both -7 in four lousy games? That's embarrassing.

I mean, this is almost a repeat of our last playoff series against Washington where we scored six goals in six games. That's the truly frustrating part here. The stats make it look like we've made zero progress in two years, which is obviously not the case, but still.

The difference here is that the Pens paced themselves all season long, made the playoffs and are now finding another level. We blew our load just trying to make the playoffs. It's a learning experience, for sure, but it also shows you the difference between a perennial powerhouse team and our team as currently constructed.

This is also why we didn't buy (aside from an emergency goalie) at the deadline. It would've been a waste. Look at how sorry the Devils are going to be after acquiring Maroon and Grabner (rentals). Those guys had a combined 44 goals and 79 points in the regular season. They have a combined zero in the playoffs and their team is in the same position we are.

And so, they shipped away two prospects, a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick for absolutely nothing (or just to limp into the playoffs and lose in five games to a powerhouse team).

I'm pretty glad we didn't spend that, actually, we did it on our own merit.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would really be nice if we could be competitive.

Have fun but not too much im sure you will have you little girl with you.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couturier has to return. Virtually everyone has to be better, especially guys like Giroux and Ghost. Both -7 in four lousy games? That's embarrassing.

I mean, this is almost a repeat of our last playoff series against Washington where we scored six goals in six games. That's the truly frustrating part here. The stats make it look like we've made zero progress in two years, which is obviously not the case, but still.

The difference here is that the Pens paced themselves all season long, made the playoffs and are now finding another level. We blew our load just trying to make the playoffs. It's a learning experience, for sure, but it also shows you the difference between a perennial powerhouse team and our team as currently constructed.

This is also why we didn't buy (aside from an emergency goalie) at the deadline. It would've been a waste. Look at how sorry the Devils are going to be after acquiring Maroon and Grabner (rentals). Those guys had a combined 44 goals and 79 points in the regular season. They have a combined zero in the playoffs and their team is in the same position we are.

And so, they shipped away two prospects, a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick for absolutely nothing (or just to limp into the playoffs and lose in five games to a powerhouse team).

I'm pretty glad we didn't spend that, actually, we did it on our own merit.
Or you could look at a team like San Jose who added Evander Kane and swept their first round series or Columbus who added Letestu, Cole and Vanek who may just be moving on to round 2 or Winnapeg who added Stasny who will be moving on to round two shortly and have a good shot at the cup. Just sayin.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you could look at a team like San Jose who added Evander Kane and swept their first round series or Columbus who added Letestu, Cole and Vanek who may just be moving on to round 2 or Winnapeg who added Stasny who will be moving on to round two shortly and have a good shot at the cup. Just sayin.

Kane has worked out for San Jose, but nobody wanted the guy because of character issues. Either way, the teams you mention were in far better position than NJ or us. You can clearly see now that it wasn't one or two rentals that was going to put us over the top. The same for NJ.

Last edited:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By taking Sanheim out, I guess Hakstol feels like he would have to many young pups on the blue line (Provy, Ghost, Hagg and Sanheim).:nono: The veterans (Gudas/Manning) have done such a great job, so it seems pretty reasonable. :noidea:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kane has worked out for San Jose, but nobody wanted the guy because of character issues. Either way, the teams you mention were in far better position than NJ or us. You can clearly see now that it wasn't one or two rentals that was going to put us over the top. The same for NJ.
If i could clearly see that i wouldn't have made a mention of San Jose befitting from their deadline pick up.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By taking Sanheim out, I guess Hakstol feels like he would have to many young pups on the blue line (Provy, Ghost, Hagg and Sanheim).:nono: The veterans (Gudas/Manning) have done such a great job, so it seems pretty reasonable. :noidea:
Im all for it if it works and will be against it if it doesn't so tonight will be interesting if nothing else.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would really be nice if we could be competitive.

Have fun but not too much im sure you will have you little girl with you.
Actually I'm going with a lifelong friend who is moving up to Mesquite, Gonna bounce over to Vegas for a day also. would of liked to have caught a Knights game but oh well.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If i could clearly see that i wouldn't have made a mention of San Jose befitting from their deadline pick up.

The point is that it's a gamble that rarely pays off the way you truly want it to. We weren't yet ready for this stage as an entire franchise, so whatever we did at the deadline was not about to change that.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we've learned one thing this season, Hakstol isn't our future.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im all for it if it works and will be against it if it doesn't so tonight will be interesting if nothing else.
I still think Sanheim should be in. He and Patrick seem to be the only 2 out there that keep it going for 60 minutes.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems we all have been questioning Hakstol's line-up decisions. So that being said, who would you play with who. This is what I got, assuming Coots plays...

Giroux-Coots-Konecny
Lindbolm-Patrick-Voracek
Weal-Filpulla-Simmonds
Lehtera-Laughton-Raffl

Provorov-Ghost
Hagg-AMac
Sanheim-Gudas

What say you?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Sanheim should be in. He and Patrick seem to be the only 2 out there that keep it going for 60 minutes.
Im 100% with you on this. If nothing else he gets an extra game of playoff experience. Although i hope the shake up works for us as i still remember coming back from 3 down to Boston several years back.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that it's a gamble that rarely pays off the way you truly want it to. We weren't yet ready for this stage as an entire franchise, so whatever we did at the deadline was not about to change that.
The gamble rarely pays off? Because you say it does right. i dont have the time nor energy to go back and forth again with you on stuff you just say and think it really happens. There are countless examples of both so dont think because you say it rarely pays off its true.