• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point. I think you gotta take the short term hit to get him back in though. Lots of articles out there talking about how they shorten the bench in the playoffs, you could limit him to 10 minutes in the first game to get him up to speed?

I bet Hak rides Provorov and Ghost into the ground in this series. If I were him, that's what i'd do too. I'd want to see them at 27+ minutes each in every game (barring a blowout situation).
If i was Hak i would only go with 2 defenseman. Prov and Ghost:lol:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a 1 in 6 billion chance of this happening, but I think they could put together a good match up with 7 dmen.

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
Raffl-Laughton-Simmonds
Read-Weal

Ghost-Provorov
Sanheim-MacDonald
Gudas-Manning
Hagg

You double shift Giroux, Couturier, and Patrick with Read and Weal to make up your '4th line'. Gives you the ability to put Read in for Konecny to defend a lead. And you have Weal to move up for Laughton when you need to create some offense. You can use the Raffl-Laughton-Simmonds line against Malkin because they have some size and defensive awareness. Free up Patrick's line to go after the Brassard line. And go firepower/firepower with Coot's against Crosby.

Then on defense you have the Sanheim/Hagg option depending on how the game is going. Sanheim when you need goals. Hagg when you need to prevent them.

Was thinking about that on my drive home today and it made too much sense not to share! It'll never happen though.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not realize this about Matt Murray:
Since returning from injury on March 20, Murray doesn't looked comfortable in net. The Penguins' goaltender has a 3.38 GAA with an .898 save percentage over his last eight games. Only once did Murray allow fewer than three goals during that stretch.
Lindblom is a guy that likes to be around the net. Maybe he can be a key in this series.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a 1 in 6 billion chance of this happening, but I think they could put together a good match up with 7 dmen.

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
Raffl-Laughton-Simmonds
Read-Weal

Ghost-Provorov
Sanheim-MacDonald
Gudas-Manning
Hagg

You double shift Giroux, Couturier, and Patrick with Read and Weal to make up your '4th line'. Gives you the ability to put Read in for Konecny to defend a lead. And you have Weal to move up for Laughton when you need to create some offense. You can use the Raffl-Laughton-Simmonds line against Malkin because they have some size and defensive awareness. Free up Patrick's line to go after the Brassard line. And go firepower/firepower with Coot's against Crosby.

Then on defense you have the Sanheim/Hagg option depending on how the game is going. Sanheim when you need goals. Hagg when you need to prevent them.

Was thinking about that on my drive home today and it made too much sense not to share! It'll never happen though.
This is a good plan, I would dress like Lehtera also just to play some PK minutes and you would have to give Roo and Coots a break if your double shifting them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 hours, 39 minutes.

checks watch...

again...

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not realize this about Matt Murray:
Since returning from injury on March 20, Murray doesn't looked comfortable in net. The Penguins' goaltender has a 3.38 GAA with an .898 save percentage over his last eight games. Only once did Murray allow fewer than three goals during that stretch.
Lindblom is a guy that likes to be around the net. Maybe he can be a key in this series.
:drool:

:mod:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, Giroux outscored everyone else who made the playoffs with his 102 points. If he can keep this rolling and lead by example, we might be able to make this a series.

That and the Pens gave up 250 goals, the most among all playoff teams. Their defense and their goalie can be had right now, we just need to go out and take it.

Their road record is bad too for a playoff team at 17-20-4. Perhaps we can take advantage of that in Philly.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
Raffl-Laughton-Simmonds
Read-Weal

Ghost-Provorov
Sanheim-MacDonald
Gudas-Manning
Hagg

Im in favor of this 100%.