• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens in round one unless Columbus comes from behind to win. They are down 1-3 with a period to go in Nashville.

I don't think anyone wanted Pittsburgh in round one. NJ apparently were even happy to play the top seed in the east instead of the Pens...Lol
And I think the Pens didn't want to face us because it will be a rough and physical 1st round for them. We shall wear them a bit if they advance. Tough 1st round for both.

Tox 1

Reincarnated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Giroux. The captain has been leading by example all season long and it will continue this afternoon. Got to reach that 100 point milestone and what better way to do it then via the first goal?

Lol We’ll fucking Mav!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pens it is at least they are playing well and hopefully they'll chew up that piss poor D. Can't wait!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So pens it is at least they are playing well and hopefully they'll chew up that piss poor D. Can't wait!

We can definitely score on them, but keeping them from scoring on us will be quite a task. Elliott will have to be really good and our defense will have to step up as a whole. Even still, we will probably need scoring from three lines instead of just one or two.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and the Blues' choke job is officially complete. They go down 2-5 at Colorado to finally get eliminated from playoff contention. That puts their 2018 1st round pick into the draft lottery and if it stays 11th-15th overall, we keep it. Otherwise, they have a decision to make on whether to defer and give us an extra 3rd round pick.

Part of me hopes it ends up being top ten and then St. Louis does even worse next season, but that's probably unlikely.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and the Blues' choke job is officially complete. They go down 2-5 at Colorado to finally get eliminated from playoff contention. That puts their 2018 1st round pick into the draft lottery and if it stays 11th-15th overall, we keep it. Otherwise, they have a decision to make on whether to defer and give us an extra 3rd round pick.

Part of me hopes it ends up being top ten and then St. Louis does even worse next season, but that's probably unlikely.
Sweet!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least we made the playoffs. it will be a good learning experience and we'll get another 4-6 games to watch and then try to get rid of as much dead weight as possible. See what we can get for Simmonds and build 4 solid lines.

Sad and awesome for Roo on his 100 plus points, hate to see such an awesome season be for naught. Hopefully he can carry it over to next season, But I think he'll have to do it 2 more years cause that's when our cup window officially opens. Oh well been a fun season.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do we bring up the second coming of Christ next year or does this dude stay in the Phantoms org for one year? It's time for this kid to get his feet wet IMO and send Nuevy packing, we need a solid goalie tandem, until that issue is ever address within this Org it'll be the same old, same old, wasting seasons and good talent on nothing.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An educated guess? We’ll see Hart full-time as a Flyer at some point during the 2019-20 season. Whether that’s at the start or sometime midseason remains to be seen.

Not impressed at all! So according to all the board draft experts etc, our real compete window doesn't open until 3-4 year s down the road? Stupid me!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least we made the playoffs. it will be a good learning experience and we'll get another 4-6 games to watch and then try to get rid of as much dead weight as possible. See what we can get for Simmonds and build 4 solid lines.

Sad and awesome for Roo on his 100 plus points, hate to see such an awesome season be for naught. Hopefully he can carry it over to next season, But I think he'll have to do it 2 more years cause that's when our cup window officially opens. Oh well been a fun season.

I'm slightly more optimistic. At least we didn't mortgage our future and everything we've spent several years building already just for a better shot at the Cup this one year.

We missed the playoffs last season with Schenn. We made the playoffs this season without him and his new team also missed the playoffs. Maybe he's not a "team first" kind of guy, we could perhaps consider that. In that case, it was a stroke of genius by Hexy to move him and still get better overall as a team by promoting guys from within the organization.

Yes, we're up against it in round one, but this will be an incredibly accurate measuring stick for us. We're going to find out exactly where we are as a team and win or lose, we are going to grow and mature from it extensively.

Provorov, Ghost, Patrick, Konecny, Lindblom, Sanheim, Weal, Laughton and even Hagg (whether he plays or not) will all be better from this next season. That's like 40% of our team, so I'm loving it for the near future and distant future.

I don't think our "Cup window" ends abruptly when G and Jake start declining either. Guys like Patrick, Konecny, Frost, Ratcliffe etc. and our 1st round picks from this year are on their way to potentially replace them and then some. Patrick and Konecny are practically elite already. These guys are growing leaps and bounds before our very eyes.

We could have another series like 2012 when we took Shitsburgh out in round one and goals were being scored left and right, you never know. It's an exciting time for us still because of the potential and even if the Pens win this series, which I am sure they are heavily favored to do, we're going to at least put them on notice that we're coming. That and maybe take a giant chunk out of their chances to threepeat.

Last edited:

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I looked today at the odds. The Blues have about a 1.4% chance for 1-3. If not, then they are either 14 or 15. They cannot pick between 4-13. The probability is that the pick will be #14! I also read somewhere that Frost will have a legitimate shot to make the team next year.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm slightly more optimistic. At least we didn't mortgage our future and everything we've spent several years building already just for a better shot at the Cup this one year.

We missed the playoffs last season with Schenn. We made the playoffs this season without him and his new team also missed the playoffs. Maybe he's not a "team first" kind of guy, we could perhaps consider that. In that case, it was a stroke of genius by Hexy to move him and still get better overall as a team by promoting guys from within the organization.

Yes, we're up against it in round one, but this will be an incredibly accurate measuring stick for us. We're going to find out exactly where we are as a team and win or lose, we are going to grow and mature from it extensively.

Provorov, Ghost, Patrick, Konecny, Lindblom, Sanheim, Weal, Laughton and even Hagg (whether he plays or not) will all be better from this next season. That's like 40% of our team, so I'm loving it for the near future and distant future.

I don't think our "Cup window" ends abruptly when G and Jake start declining either. Guys like Patrick, Konecny, Frost, Ratcliffe etc. and our 1st round picks from this year are on their way to potentially replace them and then some. Patrick and Konecny are practically elite already. These guys are growing leaps and bounds before our very eyes.

We could have another series like 2012 when we took Shitsburgh out in round one and goals were being scored left and right, you never know. It's an exciting time for us still because of the potential and even if the Pens win this series, which I am sure they are heavily favored to do, we're going to at least put them on notice that we're coming. That and maybe take a giant chunk out of their chances to threepeat.

I never said anything about mortgaging the future or Schenn? But since we keep bringing Schenn up let's take an honest look at things shall we. Schenn is def not the reason we didn't make the playoffs last year, you know this as well as any other person with an IQ above 10, However, had we kept Schenn this season our rooster would have looked something like this

Giroux-Schenn-Voracek/Koneckny

Patrick-Coots-/Koneckny/Voracek

Laughton-Raffl-Simmer/Lindblom

Weal-Filpulla-Simmer/Lindblom

These lines could have been very inter-changeable As we've seen but over all these are some pretty damn good lines and with the added bonus of other players having very huge seasons we could have been pretty formidable only weakness was defense because Elliott played beyond expectations also. Great that we got some good picks for him but had he stayed here were a very good team who might actually be able to win a playoff series or possibly go all the way. Just my opinion.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict that come Monday morning @lasgop8 will be hungover from the Flyers beating the hammer out of the Rags and shutting them out on top of that 5-0. Great way to end the regular season and get on a hot streak moving forward. The Pens will be a tough matchup, but we can take this series deep and if it goes to 7, I like our chances on the road. We have had success in Pittsburgh in the past.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anything about mortgaging the future or Schenn? But since we keep bringing Schenn up let's take an honest look at things shall we. Schenn is def not the reason we didn't make the playoffs last year, you know this as well as any other person with an IQ above 10, However, had we kept Schenn this season our rooster would have looked something like this

Giroux-Schenn-Voracek/Koneckny

Patrick-Coots-/Koneckny/Voracek

Laughton-Raffl-Simmer/Lindblom

Weal-Filpulla-Simmer/Lindblom

These lines could have been very inter-changeable As we've seen but over all these are some pretty damn good lines and with the added bonus of other players having very huge seasons we could have been pretty formidable only weakness was defense because Elliott played beyond expectations also. Great that we got some good picks for him but had he stayed here were a very good team who might actually be able to win a playoff series or possibly go all the way. Just my opinion.

Our lines are interchangeable now. We didn't Schenn for that. I see you put him on only one line anyway...Lol

No, you didn't mention Schenn, but you're acting as if the season is over already. And so, clearly you're not pleased with the current state of the team. That takes us to the Schenn trade and the deadline moves.

If the only weakness was defense, how does Schenn help us get over that?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict that come Monday morning @lasgop8 will be hungover from the Flyers beating the hammer out of the Rags and shutting them out on top of that 5-0. Great way to end the regular season and get on a hot streak moving forward. The Pens will be a tough matchup, but we can take this series deep and if it goes to 7, I like our chances on the road. We have had success in Pittsburgh in the past.

I don't have us dead and buried quite yet either. Pissburgh actually gave up more goals this season than we did. They can absolutely be taken to task in their own zone and we have the offensive talent to exploit that. The size, skill and speed too.

Here's an opportunity for younger guys like Patrick, Konecny, Lindblom, Provorov, Ghost and Sanheim to show us another level of what they are able to offer. We're going to learn who has another gear that they can go to.

Obviously we will need to overcome any lack of confidence we have against this team after letting them score on us at will throughout the regular season, but once that ends, we might have ourselves a series.

Like you say, we have been a thorn in their side in the not so distant past and it can happen again now.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, people have criticized the move of Raffl to the top line, but it looks right now to be a smart decision. We're aiming for three balanced scoring lines and if Konecny can ignite the third line while the top line keeps rolling along with Raffl, that's what we will have. I hope the Wayne Train is up for the challenge here too, because we will need his scoring, physicality and toughness. Also, it hasn't been discussed much if at all, but Read could probably have half a dozen goals since his call up, he's just snake bit. That's a guy who could move up and down the roster too.

Game one is Wednesday at 7 pm.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our lines are interchangeable now. We didn't Schenn for that. I see you put him on only one line anyway...Lol

No, you didn't mention Schenn, but you're acting as if the season is over already. And so, clearly you're not pleased with the current state of the team. That takes us to the Schenn trade and the deadline moves.

If the only weakness was defense, how does Schenn help us get over that?
:facepalm3::facepalm5::playball::yawning::bored2::kermit::burt:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK what this means Mall but I'm stealing it lol.