• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I believe I predicted 101 points, so we fell just short of my expectations.

Trading Schenn makes sense either way for me. 6 seasons in Philly and 59 points were his very best. That includes time with all of our top players and on the top power play unit that often sizzled. His even strength production from last season was embarrassing.

Would've been a waste to do more at the deadline as just a fringe team that is up and coming, in my opinion.

Yes, hold steady and see what we can do with the youngsters. We're doing that, for the most part.
I'll hold you to this same statement for Simmer this summer because well, he's done the same thing here.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the Nhl has actually prepared for a scenario where we lose today by two and Florida wins both of their remaining games in a shootout...Lol Then, there would be a play-in game on Tuesday...haha

Just fucking win this afternoon in Philly and end this shit.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll hold you to this same statement for Simmer this summer because well, he's done the same thing here.

If Hexy knew he was losing Simmonds after next season and could trade him for two 1st round picks, I bet he would. That would be pretty smart on his part, but if he wants to re-sign at a reasonable amount, we would probably love to keep him.

That said, I don't think it's fair to say Schenn and Simmonds are equal. How many times has Schenn put up 30 goals, 200 shots and 100 penalty minutes? Because the Wayne Train does it virtually every year. He's widely thought of as one of the toughest players around and also best in front of the net.

Not the same player and not the same cap hit either.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Giroux. The captain has been leading by example all season long and it will continue this afternoon. Got to reach that 100 point milestone and what better way to do it then via the first goal?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! I knew Giroux was having a great season, but I guess I didn't realize he is only the 3rd FLyer in history of this franchise to hit the 100 pt mark? That puts him in some serious discussion for the Hart,no? I think it will go to TB Kucherov probably, but I think G has a real legitimate shot here due to the fact G doesn't have a Stamkos playing on the same line. Either way, what a season for the man. Couts also having a career year as well. Amazing how we play when it's a full 60 min game, eh?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claude. Giroux.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
102 points for G!!!
A shut out for Moose!

Fuck You Mike Milbury

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's probably the easiest shutout of Elliott's career. I don't think the Rangers came out very hard and we made them pay for it.

Hopefully G wins the MVP. No playoff team has a higher scorer than Giroux with 102 points.

Something is happening here though. The Devils and Jackets are resting all of their best players today and losing.

We're going to draw Pittsburgh in round one.

Get ready for this.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! I knew Giroux was having a great season, but I guess I didn't realize he is only the 3rd FLyer in history of this franchise to hit the 100 pt mark? That puts him in some serious discussion for the Hart,no? I think it will go to TB Kucherov probably, but I think G has a real legitimate shot here due to the fact G doesn't have a Stamkos playing on the same line. Either way, what a season for the man. Couts also having a career year as well. Amazing how we play when it's a full 60 min game, eh?

Sixth player to reach 100 points in a season as a Flyer.

Clarke, MacLeish, Barber, Recchi, Lindros and now Giroux.

I have to mention also that LeClair had two seasons with 97 points. Pretty damn close.

Either way, it's all impressive.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixth player to reach 100 points in a season as a Flyer.

Clarke, MacLeish, Barber, Recchi, Lindros and now Giroux.

I have to mention also that LeClair had two seasons with 97 points. Pretty damn close.

Either way, it's all impressive.
I caught that shortly after Imposted this that he was the 6th. I could have sworn I read somewhere that he was only the 3rd. Regardless it's pretty impressive. We need him to continue to be hot moving forward to the postseason. Is it me or does it seem that this team seems to click better when Elliott is in the net?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I caught that shortly after Imposted this that he was the 6th. I could have sworn I read somewhere that he was only the 3rd. Regardless it's pretty impressive. We need him to continue to be hot moving forward to the postseason. Is it me or does it seem that this team seems to click better when Elliott is in the net?

Not you, they definitely play better in front of Elliott than any of our other goalies. I often wonder why such a disparity though. Don't we want to win no matter who is in net? Lol

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not you, they definitely play better in front of Elliott than any of our other goalies. I often wonder why such a disparity though. Don't we want to win no matter who is in net? Lol
So is it the Pens in round 1? Ugh that sucks! I would love to get them back.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it the Pens in round 1? Ugh that sucks! I would love to get them back.

Pens in round one unless Columbus comes from behind to win. They are down 1-3 with a period to go in Nashville.

I don't think anyone wanted Pittsburgh in round one. NJ apparently were even happy to play the top seed in the east instead of the Pens...Lol