• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked that the Flyers have points in 7 straight games. Sure doesn't feel like it but I'll take it. Getting three out of four points on the road in Dallas in Colorado was huge

Despite a few crushing losses in the extra frames, it's actually a very good stretch run for us statistically (to date). We're getting more points out of games on average and therefore holding our position in the standings better.

Tomorrow afternoon is a challenge, but Boston will hopefully get worn down by Florida today and that might make it easier for us to outlast them.

That and in this scenario, when we play the bottom three teams in our division to close out the season, I expect to get 5 or 6 points, easily. It may not happen, but it should. There could be room for error just before the last game of the season, but there is none right now.

If I'm Hakstol or Hextall, yes, I obviously want to make the playoffs first and foremost, but I also do not want the second wild card. That means no slipping at all here.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol These Boston commentators...

Looks like Florida hit the post with that shot. It was never in doubt.

OMG!!! Boston nearly hits the post with that laser of a shot!!!

They've already sucked off Bruce Cassidy about half a dozen times and we're still in period one.

2-1 Bruins despite Florida scoring first.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Florida is done. 4-1 Bruins and if the Panthers do lose this one, they will have to win out just to reach 96 points, which I don't think is enough.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I have been away from the team for the week. I just got back from my Disney vacation with the family. I was in the pool in 85 degree weather and hitting the parks and came home today and it was a high of 40. WTF? Glad I packed a pair of jeans for the trip home. What a difference in temp. My fantasy league is doing fine. I'm in the finals. I should have no trouble winning this damn thing.
Vacation you say huh, lucky bastid! I'll be doing a week in Mesquite Nevada at the end of the month. Def running into Vegas for a night also.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vacation you say huh, lucky bastid! I'll be doing a week in Mesquite Nevada at the end of the month. Def running into Vegas for a night also.
My son is still a little young for Vegas yet. Next vacation will be in Europe next season again.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blue Jackets lost today which is huge for us.. We need to win tomorrow to gain that six spot back. And Happy Easter to you guys! I probably won't get much posting in tomorrow.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blue Jackets lost today which is huge for us.. We need to win tomorrow to gain that six spot back. And Happy Easter to you guys! I probably won't get much posting in tomorrow.
We need another all around 60 minute performance, the B's are rolling and nothing seems to be slowing them down, we need to expose the fact that their two best D men are hurt.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers need to roll 4, play a full 60 minutes, keep the gaps close and for the love of all that is holy, stay out of the penalty box.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally dropped the ball and missed out on a road trip for this game. Next year guys. Hope to meet at a game like some of us did in 2012. Damn where has the time gone?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claude Giroux opens the scoring with a beautiful one-timer and then closes it out with a dazzling, breakaway goal in OT to save the bacon of guys like MacDonald and Simmonds, who somehow let this go past regulation.

Everyone climb onto his shoulders and let him take us to greatness.

Nobody here is worried about not making the playoffs anymore and perhaps even less concerned with who we draw in round one.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have calmed down enough...thanks in large part to G's OT goal...
Wayne Simmonds lazy, one handed play, nearly cost this team a W.
This is not the first time...he has taken the lazy way and then...shrugged.
I know when he is hot is is a demon, but when he isn't...he is simply a third line energy player who can be a defensive liability.

.... flame away

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know when he is hot is is a demon, but when he isn't...he is simply a third line energy player who can be a defensive liability.

.... flame away

It's true, no excuses for him or MacDonald, who iced the puck in the first place. Mistakes that can't be made in the playoffs against anyone if we expect to advance. It's a shame that Provorov can't play the entire game or that we can't clone him.

That said, this game was perhaps a glimpse at how special of a team we could have in the near future with very young players like Konecny (21), Provorov (21), Patrick (19) and Lindblom (21) really shining on a big stage.

Many more on the way too with Frost (18), Hart (19), Myers (21) and two first round picks this year that are or will be presumably high end talent on the way. I'm really only mentioning the assumed highest profile players too.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the two goals and +3, Giroux sets career highs in goals with 29, points with 95 and even +/- for a season at +21.

This dude was beaten, battered and left for dead after last season. Trade Giroux!! He's about to turn 30 and already declined to the point of no return!! Where on earth would we be right now without him!?!

I personally couldn't be happier for this guy right now, especially considering how I believed in him all along.

FUCKING RIGHT!! :10::agree:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore on the game winning goal, I'm not sure if anyone noticed this, but Giroux went for the recent William Karlsson move (that is up for goal of the year) and then pulled the puck back right in the middle of the maneuver after Khudobin reacted to it, only to let it fly and send it high to the back of the net anyway (blocker side instead of glove side).

Mama needs to find a new place to hide the cookies, because they're getting devoured on that top shelf.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.... flame away
You are not the only one I lost my mind the greedy SOB just had to bank it off the boards but he was trying to turn around for an empty net goal. Pissed me off. Never let him out there in the final three minutes again!!!. AMac wasn't as bad as he tried to flick it out but hit another player simmer was pure greed at the expense of his own team. He's going to have to do a lot to make up for that...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the two goals and +3, Giroux sets career highs in goals with 29, points with 95 and even +/- for a season at +21.

This dude was beaten, battered and left for dead after last season. Trade Giroux!! He's about to turn 30 and already declined to the point of no return!! Where on earth would we be right now without him!?!

I personally couldn't be happier for this guy right now, especially considering how I believed in him all along.

FUCKING RIGHT!! :10::agree:
G was all world today but yeah he's old and done for trade him! Hahhaa!

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G is a true leader and underrated in the NHL.
He is a top 3 candidate for the Hart this year.
I hope he gets to 100pts.

What a great win today. Keep it rolling. Lets catch the Pens for home ice