• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge win last night and a big win by Leafs over the Panthers too. Did not expect them to take 3/4 points on that back to back stretch. Points in 7 straight (4-0-3)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this was an awesome save from last nights game.
200w.gif

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blocked shots:
AMac-7
Prov-5
Weal-5
Gudas-4
33 as a team- That is playing some desperate hockey at the right time.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blocked shots:
AMac-7
Prov-5
Weal-5
Gudas-4
33 as a team- That is playing some desperate hockey at the right time.
Yea I saw that to, We finally matched another teams play and I give the goalies credit, this game could have been blown open either way, Gudas still looks like crap!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I saw that to, We finally matched another teams play and I give the goalies credit, this game could have been blown open either way, Gudas still looks like crap!
Gudas worth to this team was when he was a heavy hitter and forwards coming through the neutral zone had to be scared of the big open ice hit. The league has turned him into a shell of his former self thus exposing his mediocre defensive ability.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a very gritty, team building type of win last night. We're all watching it probably thinking for certain that it was headed to overtime given our prowess for taking games there, but it never did happen. Obviously we spent way too much time defending late, but that was an extremely desperate team over there. They needed points out of this game. To march into their building in the second half of a back to back and steal the two points from them shows a lot of character as a group.

Claude Giroux ties his career high in points at 93 with that laserbeam of a goal to open the scoring. That baby went right where mama hides the cookies, if anyone wasn't aware...top shelf. Still four games left for him to improve on that mark.

Provorov also now with 15 goals is really impressive. The league lead for a defenseman is 16. This kid played over 27 minutes last night in the thin air of Colorado a night after playing 23 in Dallas. He scored in both games, blocked 8 shots altogether and was a +4. Pretty ridiculous.

Props to both Neuvy and Mrazek for playing well, occasionally making some big saves to preserve the early lead.

Matt Read deserves some major props for the effort he put in last night. He played a season high 14:37 and was very noticeable for technically a 4th line guy. He was a huge presence on the penalty kill, had 5 shots and probably should've scored a couple goals too. Over the broadcast, they were even calling him Weal...Lol

Of course, they were also referring to Sanheim as Provorov and Gostisbehere as Gost-a-bear, so maybe that's meaningless...Lol

Basically, those Avs' commentators are fucking dreadful. I like how they pointed out that the Gudas hit on MacKinnon was clearly after the whistle. Bullshit, I watched it back several times and the whistle was blowing right as the hit took place. Yes, the play was over, but no whistle had blown until right as Gudas was making contact. Good non-call, although we did take some bad penalties later on, but did very well in killing them off.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to get injury reports on Filppula and Neuvy. Probably doesn't matter for Neuvy, but this is getting ridiculous with him. We will surely miss Filppula and his playoff experience if he is out long term.

When a guy gets injured and Dale Weise is his replacement, we want that injured guy back quickly...Lol Enough said.

That and we obviously are looking to get Elliott back at 100% health and in game shape as soon as fucking humanly possible.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this may be too radical of a change at this stage of the season, but if Filppula is out for the season, do we ever consider moving Giroux back to center? If you think most of his success this season is due to him playing the wing, you're wrong. He could switch back, easily, and still be an elite player.

We're just not very strong at center after Couturier and Patrick. That would also even out the scoring ability throughout three lines instead of mostly two.

Once you go this route, there are tons of potential combos of linemates for all three centers. That and maybe guys like Simmonds, Weal or Lindblom get some better looks offensively and we are tougher to defend against altogether.

This is a tough call, but definitely worth some consideration.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Nuevy sacrifice his fragile body for the sake of the team make sure Elliott is 100% before his return.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked that the Flyers have points in 7 straight games. Sure doesn't feel like it but I'll take it. Getting three out of four points on the road in Dallas in Colorado was huge

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course another Pitt and NJ game ends in overtime. This is truly unreal. Everything still very much up in the air now with only four more games remaining for us. Florida loses again, this time in overtime. I think they are running out of gas and about done. They have to probably win six or seven of their remaining seven games and those occur in just ten days time.

Our next game obviously is Boston on Sunday afternoon at home, but they have to deal with that desperate Florida team the day before, so we will have a leg up.

The final three games are against division rivals that will not be making the playoffs. We have to put them all away, there's no room for error. That should be six points.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course another Pitt and NJ game ends in overtime. This is truly unreal. Everything still very much up in the air now with only four more games remaining for us. Florida loses again, this time in overtime. I think they are running out of gas and about done. They have to probably win six or seven of their remaining seven games and those occur in just ten days time.

Our next game obviously is Boston on Sunday afternoon at home, but they have to deal with that desperate Florida team the day before, so we will have a leg up.

The final three games are against division rivals that will not be making the playoffs. We have to put them all away, there's no room for error. That should be six points.[/QUOTE ]

You would think so but...

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mall3013 did you jinx us tonight and ride your Big line in fantasy?
LOL. I have been away from the team for the week. I just got back from my Disney vacation with the family. I was in the pool in 85 degree weather and hitting the parks and came home today and it was a high of 40. WTF? Glad I packed a pair of jeans for the trip home. What a difference in temp. My fantasy league is doing fine. I'm in the finals. I should have no trouble winning this damn thing.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have to stay up and watch Florida play Boston this afternoon. A lot on the line for both teams. A playoff spot for one and the top overall seed for the other. They pretty much each have to win today to accomplish their own goals. Obviously we want Florida to lose again, but also take something out of Boston because we have them tomorrow in Philly.